"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We also went to the party this past Sunday, 9/25. I was completely surprised that it was sold out! We had debated whether to go Friday, 9/23 or Sunday and I thought for sure the Friday party would be more crowded. Talked to someone yesterday who went to the 9/23 party and said it was practically empty! She said they walked up to to get a spot for the parade 5 minutes before it started and sat at the rope. The rides were walk-on and shows were not crowded. Boy, did we pick the wrong date - Sunday's party was so, so crowded. There were lines for the treats all the way till midnight. We tried to get close to 2 different Hocus Pocus shows and they were packed - even the one at midnight. We watched both parades, but only the second were we in front. We didn't do many rides because the wait times were so long. However, we still had a great time! I agree with a previous poster who said one of the highlights was seeing other guests in their costumes! And it was worth it just to see the greatest parade ever! Love mnsshp!

We also went to the party this past Sunday, 9/25. I was completely surprised that it was sold out! We had debated whether to go Friday, 9/23 or Sunday and I thought for sure the Friday party would be more crowded. Talked to someone yesterday who went to the 9/23 party and said it was practically empty! She said they walked up to to get a spot for the parade 5 minutes before it started and sat at the rope. The rides were walk-on and shows were not crowded. Boy, did we pick the wrong date - Sunday's party was so, so crowded. There were lines for the treats all the way till midnight. We tried to get close to 2 different Hocus Pocus shows and they were packed - even the one at midnight. We watched both parades, but only the second were we in front. We didn't do many rides because the wait times were so long. However, we still had a great time! I agree with a previous poster who said one of the highlights was seeing other guests in their costumes! And it was worth it just to see the greatest parade ever! Love mnsshp!

Seeing that both parties have passed, it's a moot point, but I thought it was worth mentioning, for future planning --- 2017.

Typically Fridays are busier than Sundays, but pricing probably was a determining factor for most this year. Just a thought, nothing was ever confirmed, but the question was asked several times on this thread, a few bloggers speculated about the pricing of Friday, September 23rd ($85) and Sunday, September 25th ($72). Over a $10 difference and for larger families that could be a deal breaker.

Glad you had a great time!!!! :maleficen

Seeing that both parties have passed, it's a moot point, but I thought it was worth mentioning, for future planning --- 2017.

Typically Fridays are busier than Sundays, but pricing probably was a determining factor for most this year. Just a thought, nothing was ever confirmed, but the question was asked several times on this thread, a few bloggers speculated about the pricing of Friday, September 23rd ($85) and Sunday, September 25th ($72). Over a $10 difference and for larger families that could be a deal breaker.

Glad you had a great time!!!! :maleficen
Also, the 23rd was not a CM discounted night and the 25th was the last one. It's normal for that one to sell out.

So they j&s line doesn't start until 4 because you need a band to line up correct? I'm planning on us being in the park by 3:15 and then being the first groups to get our bands at the closest spot at exactly 4 by where j&s line starts.

My question is this is my first time going for Halloween and I am not sure how to plan my Tuesday please help. I was thinking of heading to MK and leaving at 2p to go change into my costume and be back by 4:30ish but from what I am reading it seems that I should not leave at all. Do people wear their costume all day at MK or just arrive later in the afternoon?

So they j&s line doesn't start until 4 because you need a band to line up correct? I'm planning on us being in the park by 3:15 and then being the first groups to get our bands at the closest spot at exactly 4 by where j&s line starts.

Correct.

My question is this is my first time going for Halloween and I am not sure how to plan my Tuesday please help. I was thinking of heading to MK and leaving at 2p to go change into my costume and be back by 4:30ish but from what I am reading it seems that I should not leave at all. Do people wear their costume all day at MK or just arrive later in the afternoon?
Adults are not permitted to wear costumes during the day, so you would need to rent a locker or carry it with you if you don't plan to leave the park.

Depending on your priorities for the party, arriving at 4:30 may be too late (for lining up to meet Jack & Sally for instance). But the party events do not start officially until 7, so any time prior to that is just fine (again, assuming you don't want to line up early for Jack & Sally or the dwarfs).

Adults are not permitted to wear costumes during the day, so you would need to rent a locker or carry it with you if you don't plan to leave the park.

Depending on your priorities for the party, arriving at 4:30 may be too late (for lining up to meet Jack & Sally for instance). But the party events do not start officially until 7, so any time prior to that is just fine (again, assuming you don't want to line up early for Jack & Sally or the dwarfs).
Thank you I might just change my plans and leave the park around noon heading back to change and get there by 3ish

My bad - I blame being forced to return to the cruel reality of work for my brain fart - I meant Jack Sparrow not Captain Hook!! That's post-Disney vacation brain for you! LoL sorry for the confusion I created!!

If I show up at 630 will I be too late to get photo taken with Jack Sparrow?
You won't be too late.....but his line will be very long (long for me = anything longer than 45 mins) - if you're ok with waiting, you'll definitely be able to see him! I'm pretty sure he greets until midnight!

You won't be too late.....but his line will be very long (long for me = anything longer than 45 mins) - if you're ok with waiting, you'll definitely be able to see him! I'm pretty sure he greets until midnight!
Jack only meets until 10:30.

Another question what time do they start handing out the wristbands and where can they be obtained
Info is in post 1, but if you are already in the park, you can get them at Fantasy Faire, Tortuga Tavern or the Monster's Inc exit around 4:00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter