"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, kind of at the last minute trying to decide whether it's possible to get to MNSSHP. I have reservations at the Kona Café at 5ish for dinner and definitely want to do that. But is it possible to make it back and still be able to get photo taken with Captain jack? If I'd be too late then that would be a dealbreaker for going. That would be a highlight.

Thanks!!! Looks great, I really hope we can get a few to hold our sign. I made one sign for everyone...just says hello and my kid's names....
Please report back how it goes! I hope you get a similar experience!

For those experienced party goers, what are the best rides to get fp for in the time window before the party starts? As in, what rides typically are very crowded at that time of day?

Went on 9/18 and have to say, we felt it was packed and highly unorganized. Highlights were seeing allergy friendly treats and being able to line up early for Jack and Sally. Saw some incredible costumes though!

We finished with Jack and Sally by 525. Used our FP for Mine Train at its expiration at 530p (we ended up not using our PP FP for 330-430 since the rest of our party, for the party, were late). And then went to stand in lines for Dwarves. My oldest was a trooper and stayed with me. I tried to explain to my wife that even though the CM told her they wont come out until 7 that the CM was false (I possibly could have chosen a more inappropriate adj but we'll just give me the benefit of doubt shall we), so she and the youngest still bailed on us (for the Laugh Stop no less...that still stings a little). We lined up prob around 545 and were well inside the tent at the end of the third turn. By 555 or so the line was way out of the tent and making its way to the stairs of the splash pad area. I'd recommend being there ideally between 515-530.

Hi there, I am not sure who you were in line, but I was the snow white in line with you and my hubby was the one who helped the woman who passed out. I quoted this part of your post as I wanted to point out that I was directly behind this group of guys. The person who did bring them up in line WAS in fact a CM, but so was one of the other ones. After sitting behind them for over an hour, please believe me when I say the two guys were NOT the pirate fairy cm's friends! I could not wait to get out of that line and get away from the two guys who were beyond nasty to the other guy. It was like watching mean girls. They spoke to that one CM so poorly, and then would talk about him anytime he said a word. I was mortified, especially since the one said he was a cast member. All the two guys did the whole line was talk poorly about people and act like they were the worlds best photographers. Glad you had a good night at MNSSHP, we found it to be highly unorganized and bummed that the second half got rained out. We did get lucky and hop on 7DMT when the first parade ran, but our night other than that felt crowded and just not fun :/

We are leaving tomorrow, party on Oct 4! Keep the reports coming, please, I'll post mine too! :) Any tidbits help planning.

If anyone is able to help me I'd really appreciate it. Someone going to the party was going to pick me up the SOTMK card they give away but that ultimately fell through. Anyone going that doesn't want it? If so I'd really appreciate your help!

***Request handled, thank you!***

Last edited:
If anyone is able to help me I'd really appreciate it. Someone going to the party was going to pick me up the SOTMK card they give away but that ultimately fell through. Anyone going that doesn't want it? If so I'd really appreciate your help!
I got one at the party and am happy to mail it to you. Can you PM me your address?

Attended my first ever party this past Sunday 9/25/16 and thought I had a pretty good game plan of attack for the night, but due to delays in our traveling party getting ready in their costumes, we didn't arrive to MK until about 5pm which set off a chain of events which makes me now laugh heartily at my original plans....:sad1:

We made a beeline right for Jack and Sally but having arrived at their M&G area at 5:08pm (the glade where Tiana and Naveen used to meet) we found the line was already up to three hours long! Ended up strolling over to Adventureland and getting on line to meet Turk, Jane and Tarzan (they came out around 7:11pm, we got in line for them around 6:30pm and were the 10th family in line for them). After meeting them I had hoped to get photos with Jasmine/Genie - Aladdin/Abu (they alternate throughout party nights), Jack Sparrow and Cruella but Sparrow and Cruella's lines were about an hour each, and the Agrabah photo op lines were running about 1.5 hr to 2hrs wait time. Character greetings are my absolute fav, so I was a little bummed by the lengthy wait times - call it naïve optimism but I just wasn't expecting hour + wait times for the M&G's across the board. We ended up getting on line for Jack and Sally at 10:30pm and were able to meet them at 11:45pm, just in time for us to run over and catch the midnight Spooktacular show which was just as amazing as everyone says it is!

I'd say my absolute favorite part of the night was seeing all the amazing costumes my fellow guests were wearing! I truly felt like a kid again, experiencing the joy and magic of trick or treating with my counterparts dressed so ornately - we even saw a Quail Man (for you 80's babies out there).

In spite of being a tad disappointed with not being able to meet as many characters, I still had an absolutely amazing experience at MNSSHP and I can't wait for my 1st ever MVMCP on December 2nd! I'll be sure to follow the thread for that one and plan a little better! :yay:

Last edited:
Attended my first ever party this past Sunday 9/25/16 and thought I had a pretty good game plan of attack for the night, but due to delays in our traveling party getting ready in their costumes, we didn't arrive to MK until about 5pm which set off a chain of events which makes me now laugh heartily at my original plans....:sad1:

We made a beeline right for Jack and Sally but having arrived at their M&G area at 5:08pm (the glade where Tiana and Naveen used to meet) we found the line was already up to three hours long! Ended up strolling over to Adventureland and getting on line to meet Turk, Jane and Tarzan (they came out around 7:11pm, we got in line for them around 6:30pm and were the 10th family in line for them). After meeting them I had hoped to get photos with Jasmine/Genie - Aladdin/Abu (they alternate throughout party nights), Captain Hook and Cruella but CH and Cruella's lines were about an hour each, and the Agrabah photo op lines were running about 1.5 hr to 2hrs wait time. Character greetings are my absolute fav, so I was a little bummed by the lengthy wait times - call it naïve optimism but I just wasn't expecting hour + wait times for the M&G's across the board. We ended up getting on line for Jack and Sally at 10:30pm and were able to meet them at 11:45pm, just in time for us to run over and catch the midnight Spooktacular show which was just as amazing as everyone says it is!

I'd say my absolute favorite part of the night was seeing all the amazing costumes my fellow guests were wearing! I truly felt like a kid again, experiencing the joy and magic of trick or treating with my counterparts dressed so ornately - we even saw a Quail Man (for you 80's babies out there).

In spite of being a tad disappointed with not being able to meet as many characters, I still had an absolutely amazing experience at MNSSHP and I can't wait for my 1st ever MVMCP on December 2nd! I'll be sure to follow the thread for that one and plan a little better! :yay:

Captain Hook was there?

This is my plan for the party, can anyone comment? (Priority are Jack & Sally, Minnie - Daisy - Donald, Mickey, Capt. Jack Sparrow, Jafar and candies. My son saw your crazy pictures with pounds of candies lolol)

• 12:10 - Chef Mickey - Contemporary
  • 3:15 - Be in line at MK
  • 4:00 – 5h30 Jack & Sally (hoping to be done by 5h30) * While waiting, my DS and DH -> Splash Mountain *FP 3h55-4h55
  • After Jack & Sally walk toward the 7 dwarfs. Ask CM if we would be done around 7 PM, if yes get in line (DS & DH -> Barnstormer or speedway).
  • If not we skip the 7 dwarfs (not priority) and get in line for 7 PM : Minnie – Daisy – Donald
  • If time: Trick or Treat: Storybook - Peterpan - Castle Wall
  • Get in place for show and parade
  • 7:45 : Hocus Pocus
  • 8:10 : Parade
  • 8:45 : Haunted Mansion (if time magic shot)
  • If time: Trick or Treat: Riverboat
  • 9:15-30: Capt. Jack Sparrow and / or Jafar
  • Trick or Treat: Jungle - Tiki Room – Pirates queue
  • 10:00 Celebrate the Magic & Hallowishes
  • 10:30 Meet Mickey and get Sorcerers Card
  • Do any magic shots in the area
  • Go to Tomorrowland
  • Dance party + Trick or Treat: Stitch - Carousel - Space Mountain - Auntie Gravity's

Back home and had a GREAT time at the 9/20 Tuesday night party last week!!!!! It was me and my DS19. We did the MNSSHP (our first!) on the same day we arrived at the parks, which worked out great for us! We checked in to Pop Century at 11am, got a room right away, and rested/swam/had lunch until we left for the party at around 3.
We were through security just as they started letting party goers in, around 3:45! We were given our bracelets right after the turnstiles.
14470522_10154777937475166_4063833580218304390_n.jpg
Thanks to this amazing thread I knew to head to the right and soon found the friendly CMs holding signs pointing us toward a special "early entrance" for MNSSHPers, including trick or treat bag and little ziploc started bag of candy!
Our plan was to buy event t-shirts - but we were "underwhelmed" by them so we didn't. We wore our Mickey Ears only, and had a great time! The CMs were great and complimented everyone on their costumes, even those not wearing one - I heard a CM say "Welcome, Man In T-Shirt" to one non-costumed guy! We had 2 FPs for the 4-6:30 time, and our first was 7DMT so that was a super way to kick off the fun! The crowd was pretty heavy at that point, being both party-goers and regular MK guests. But we found ZERO LINE at the teacups, rode them, and then went for our second FP at Space Mountain! Photopass insiders info (thank you DIS) got us to the photo booths in the shop at the end of Space Mountain - that was fun!
14520616_10154777937945166_4717413731191969080_n.jpg
After that it was around 6pm and we went to get some dinner.
So the party officially started at 7pm, as we were sitting in Cosmic Ray's watching the ducks play on the river in the RAIN. But by the time we'd ponchoed up and headed out it was just barely drizzling. We walked straight into a Merida meet-n-greet, her first guests! Then over to Adventureland to start our party loop.
Our party fun was mostly people watching, enjoying the happy atmosphere, admiring the costumes, interacting with the regular CMs, trick or treating, and riding many rides without lines. We did not wait on lines for special character pics. We did wait on line for 2 or 3 magic shots - totally worth it. It was very hot, and the short rain left a fog around that created a really super Halloween atmosphere! But yes, it was steamy hot.

14440989_10154777937615166_1156114480565060049_n.jpg 14522890_10154777936950166_474691130297247871_n.jpg

We rode Splash Mountain, It's A Small World, The Barnstormer, and Dumbo all with walk on zero lines! We collected a TON of amazing candy, including the green marshmallow Peeps! We had a big ziploc bag and about 1/2 way through we emptied our trick or treat bags into the ziploc and put it in the backpack. And then collected more!
DS19 REALLY wanted to try the candy corn soft serve. It was our longest line-wait of the entire night! We stood on line for about 20 minutes. But he said it was worth it.
14516615_10154777945575166_3187408793155540507_n.jpg
I think the soft serve machines needed to be refilled quite often because the line was slow moving! By then it was a bit after 10pm, when we'd planned on starting all the shows.
It was PACKED near the castle hub, but we got to see some of Hallowishes. Can't say I enjoyed it too much because of the crowd. Had we not "needed" to get the candy corn ice cream we would have gotten there earlier and found a better less crowded spot. But sometimes you just can't do it all.
Afterwards we managed to get out of that crowd and to the Plaza Ice Cream shop where I got my special treat, an ice cream sandwich. They let me have one special Halloween sugar cookie and one chocolate chip cookie, and I put cookies'n'cream ice cream in the middle.
14441101_10154777943030166_4160136392169565046_n.jpg
It was HUGE! I think I did eat most of it, but DS19 was happy to have a bit, too.
My feet were totally done for at that point, so I stayed sitting up against the Starbucks while DS19 made another loop of trick or treating. Then it was time for the second parade. We were right in front of the Starbucks, near the Indian statue, and had a front row view.
It was totally worth staying for! But no headless horseman (not sure why). The costumes and make up were amazing.
We were out of the park at 11:45, and with a crowded bus, back at the Pop in our rooms at 12:30am.
So, my summary is:
1. Arrive around 3:30pm, and head to the right.
2. Make sure you've reserved at least 2 FPs for the pre-party hours.
3. Eat some real food before the party - just ice cream and candy would've been unsettling!
4. If you want to hit a bunch of rides, this is a great time to do so! Only saw a line at 7DMT.
5. Great photo pass pictures!
6. Dress up or just wear ears or don't dress up - it's all good!
7. Wear comfy shoes for sure.
It was amazing! SO glad we did it!

Last edited:
For those experienced party goers, what are the best rides to get fp for in the time window before the party starts? As in, what rides typically are very crowded at that time of day?

Definitely FP Seven Dwarfs Mine Train if you can. It has a line all the time, even during the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter