• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

Haha wow, lots of peer pressure going on! Words cannot express how much I wish I could pull the trigger, but flights from where I am are not as cheap as what others sound like they're finding. Between that and the race registration and a hotel, I really don't think I can justify it, especially since I don't have a job right now. :guilty:

My daughter (14) and I will be in H too based on her POT.
Glad to hear their will be a party there!

We will dressed in matching Cheshire Cat Raw Threads shirts.
Pink for me- matching my red hair and red face- while running!
She will be in black matching her black hair and because black is a "cool" color for a teen.
At that age I feel lucky she was willing to "match me" at all! LOL!

Yay!- Thanks for the map links Keels!

Also - another GREAT enhancement that wasn't mentioned. Runner Tracking has been upgraded!! RunDisney is now using RTRT.me for Runner Tracking which has a GREAT app where supporters can actually follow you live along the course.

Not sure if anyone else posted this from the Official Event guide yet but it looks like it will be Disney PhotoPass Photographers:

Photos
Disney PhotoPass Photographers will be on the course and at the finish line taking your photos during the race. Smile and make sure your bib is in view on the front of your outermost garment! Race photos will be available to view at Disneyland.com/PhotoPass and on the Disneyland® app within 24 hours of the event. To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code. See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:

KIDS RACES 2016-LAND-KIDx-xxxx

5K 2016-LAND-D5Kx-xxxx

10K 2016-LAND-10Kx-xxxx

Half 2016-LAND-HLFx-xxxx

I'm excited too see all my pictures pop-up via the Disneyland/PhotoPass App!

Speaking of parties, did we ever decide on a time/place for a general meetup?

Good point .... @Keels - weren't you trying to arrange something?

I am an OC local, so unfortunately I have to work that week until Friday afternoon (boo!). So hopefully things can happen after work hours, otherwise I'll miss out on the fun!

Does anyone know the anticipated start time for each corral? This is me first race trying to figure out how it works. I'm in F

Does anyone know the anticipated start time for each corral? This is me first race trying to figure out how it works. I'm in F

Figure, at minimum, five minutes between corrals. I'd say 5:55 or so for F.

@DisneyMountainWoman - You can sort of guestimate where you'll be based upon your submitted time. 14-15 minute mile times obviously will be in the back of the pack, while an 8 minute mile time will be towards the front.

Reference point: we were in Corral D for Tinkerbell 10K with a submitted time of the 12-13 minute mile range.

Now that we don't have to search for bib #s and event guides I'm not sure what to do with my time, I guess I could play with my kids :scared1:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We have 16 days until the expo opens. Outfits are ready to go, waivers printed, and now I'm just stalking the weather forecasts and praying to the weather gods for a cold spell.

We're looking at a low of 68 and a high of 90 that weekend. The 68 will be great to start with, but the 90 degree number makes me want to run faster!

Since I just decided to join the party, I'm a little behind on training. Eek! Did 8 miles yesterday - plus another 2.5 walking to and from the gym in 110 degree heat. Pretty sure that walk was harder than the full 8 miles.

Does anyone have any good tips for races 3 weeks apart? I'm doing DLP at the end of the September, and while it's not quite "back to back," I've never done two races this close together. (Doing the same in November with W&D and the Philly half.)

Doing the same - Dumbo and DLP. Best suggestion is to keep your training flowing through the first race DLH and don't let up through DLP. In other words, DLH should be considered a long run in your training for DLP. I did this for the Dopey, Castaway, Rebel Challenges in January and again in April for the Hollywood Half and Dark Side Challenge (one week apart).

If you're at 8 miles now you're doing great! Try to stretch that to 10 miles for your long run this weekend and again to 10-12 miles the following weekend and then the DLH will be your long run Labor Day weekend. Keep that up for the long run distance (10-12 miles) for the two weekends after DLH and you'll be ready for DLP Half - see you there!

Doing the same - Dumbo and DLP. Best suggestion is to keep your training flowing through the first race DLH and don't let up through DLP. In other words, DLH should be considered a long run in your training for DLP. I did this for the Dopey, Castaway, Rebel Challenges in January and again in April for the Hollywood Half and Dark Side Challenge (one week apart).

If you're at 8 miles now you're doing great! Try to stretch that to 10 miles for your long run this weekend and again to 10-12 miles the following weekend and then the DLH will be your long run Labor Day weekend. Keep that up for the long run distance (10-12 miles) for the two weekends after DLH and you'll be ready for DLP Half - see you there!

Thanks, @RunningPrince!! This was exactly my plan, so I'm glad to see I'm on the right track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter