Official 2016 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread

These are AMAZING! Is there a plan that you follow? I've seen a couple online, but none of them look nearly this good! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Figuring out the ears themselves was kind of trial-and-error, but once I found a system that works (I watched a BUNCH of YouTube videos), it got easy! Then, I just piece together things I have on hand (like the Dumbo ears) or I design fabric and have it printed via Spoonflower (like the DLH Logo fabric) and then get to work!

@Keels - Those ears look better than the ones you buy for $20 at Disneyland. Great work! :)

Thank you!! I'm pretty happy with how they're turning out!

As someone who works in communications I can tell you, it's beyond comprehension to not fix that. LOL

I have a theory that Run Disney is "run" by a group interns.
They make so many rookie event planning mistakes- ALL THE TIME.
Do you think anyone ever loses their job over these issues? I know I would!
My fav was sending out links to PHM waiver's this year with the wrong year on them- a legal document no less.

Or maybe the one porta potty on the PHM 10K course for the first several miles!

Could anyone assist with the location of some "real bathrooms" along the DL portion of the 1/2 course?
I strategically ran to a lovely and uncrowded restroom by the teacups during a WDW race, but I'm not as familiar with the bathroom locales at DL.
Thanks in advance. :)

Could anyone assist with the location of some "real bathrooms" along the DL portion of the 1/2 course?
I strategically ran to a lovely and uncrowded restroom by the teacups during a WDW race, but I'm not as familiar with the bathroom locales at DL.
Thanks in advance. :)

Restrooms.jpg

Expanding on my map from earlier, I think the locations in yellow should all be available if my guess of the route is correct. Some are slightly more off course than others.
  1. Flo's V8 Cafe (on Route 66 in Carsland between Doc Hudson's and Sarge's Surplus Hut)
  2. King Triton's Carousel (on the Boardwalk behind the carousel)
  3. Paradise Garden Grill (somewhat off course near Goofy's Sky School)
  4. Flik's Fun Fair (in Bug's Land)
  5. Tomorrowland Station (somewhat off course near Autopia behind the Star Wars Launch Bay)
  6. Rancho del Zocalo (possibly off course, best accessible through Fantasy Faire)
  7. Carnation Cafe (on west side of Main Street)
  8. City Hall (between City Hall and the Fire Station)
  9. Buena Vista Street (in the entrance plaza of DCA near the lockers)
  10. Hollywood Boulevard (between Playhouse Disney and Off the Page)
  11. Hyperion Theater (somewhat off course on the north end of the theater)
I've also seen people using cast bathrooms backstage as they've happened upon them.

If you download the Disneyland mobile app, you can select restrooms from the menu to be displayed on the screen. If I missed any, I can edit the map. Please let me know.

Remember that the first bathroom stops will be packed with people. If you can wait till the 3rd or 4th bathroom available then u shouldn't have to worry about people. I miss using the ones across from soarin but we haven't ran by those for the last 2 years. They will be my 10k bathrooms though if I need it

View attachment 188190

Expanding on my map from earlier, I think the locations in yellow should all be available if my guess of the route is correct. Some are slightly more off course than others.
  1. Flo's V8 Cafe (on Route 66 in Carsland between Doc Hudson's and Sarge's Surplus Hut)
  2. King Triton's Carousel (on the Boardwalk behind the carousel)
  3. Paradise Garden Grill (somewhat off course near Goofy's Sky School)
  4. Flik's Fun Fair (in Bug's Land)
  5. Tomorrowland Station (somewhat off course near Autopia behind the Star Wars Launch Bay)
  6. Rancho del Zocalo (possibly off course, best accessible through Fantasy Faire)
  7. Carnation Cafe (on west side of Main Street)
  8. City Hall (between City Hall and the Fire Station)
  9. Buena Vista Street (in the entrance plaza of DCA near the lockers)
  10. Hollywood Boulevard (between Playhouse Disney and Off the Page)
  11. Hyperion Theater (somewhat off course on the north end of the theater)
I've also seen people using cast bathrooms backstage as they've happened upon them.

If you download the Disneyland mobile app, you can select restrooms from the menu to be displayed on the screen. If I missed any, I can edit the map. Please let me know.

Oh this is fabulous!!!! Thank you thank you!!! Time to study it. ;)

As I was driving to work this morning - I was planning my days in my head (eeek 7 sleeps til Disneyland!)...And I'm wondering - what's the best strategy for the Expo? Like is it best to get there ridiculously early (like is 6am early enough) or go at like noonish or 3pmish?

Im basing my 6am on vlogs I've watched lol but maybe that's just nuts.

Any tips?

As I was driving to work this morning - I was planning my days in my head (eeek 7 sleeps til Disneyland!)...And I'm wondering - what's the best strategy for the Expo? Like is it best to get there ridiculously early (like is 6am early enough) or go at like noonish or 3pmish?

Im basing my 6am on vlogs I've watched lol but maybe that's just nuts.

Any tips?

It depends if there is specific merchandise that you must have. In previous years, if you want anything Dumbo then first day, earliest expo arrival possible was required. Now, that was back when the races used to sell out though ...

It depends if there is specific merchandise that you must have. In previous years, if you want anything Dumbo then first day, earliest expo arrival possible was required. Now, that was back when the races used to sell out though ...

Man, I don't even get into town until late Thursday night!

Man, I don't even get into town until late Thursday night!

The merchandise has been weird for the DL races lately, so it's hard to say really. I'm debating taking off Thursday too to go check out the expo, but I haven't decided yet. Hopefully they still give us the merchandise preview this year a few days before the race so I can decide.

Hmmm, it's my first Dumbo, first RunDisney, etc. I'm not sure what I want (or what my budget is lol). But I'm ok with getting up early and hanging out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter