"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

thanks for the info about the magic shots. these look like a great memento of the evening....

Last edited:
I have a few questions about this. Is the Memory maker worth buying, I loved that picture? I will be going with my wife, and 2 kids 5,2 and this is our first time. We arrive 10/31 and will be attending the party that night!!! We are very excited but I'm also looking for tips or suggestions, for the helpful people on here. anything else would be great

The only character I want to meet is the hag from Snow White - do I need to plan for this or is her line generally not too bad? and are there times when she's out or is she in Liberty Square all night? I'd also like to see Jafar, but the hag is #1 on my list of characters to see!

I met her later in the night (somewhere between 10.30-11) with basically no line.

Hi I have a question. Can someone tell me what characters get dressed up for MNSSHP? So excited Im going to first party tomorrow then again Friday. Countdown on till I arrive at WDW.

I also got a phone call from a CM today but we're currently playing phone tag now. When I speak to her regarding my party concerns, I'll let you know.

Sorry, to clarify, anyone with park admission gets 3 FP. If you have a MNSSHP ticket, you get to enter the park early at 4 p.m. The party does not start until 7 p.m. You can use 3 FP with your party ticket from 4 until 7. Again, if want you can use FP on your ticket night, just not during the party, so the window is really small.

I still don't understand why this is a valid reason for you to "work the system". Does the system stink, yes it does, but it is the way it's set up right now. We are also choosing to go into the park earlier in the day and we have a couple of people in our group joining us at 4pm. In no way did I ever think to myself - I paid extra to go into the park early(my choice) and I paid so much money for the party tickets, then I should get extra FP+ for the day. I booked our FP+ from 3:30pm to 6:30pm and the rest of the day we will just deal with the lines. Like I said before, it's people that keep scamming the system that causes Disney to change the system which could potentially make things worse.

Hi, I was reading your link and saw that the Mad hatter/Alice line was cut a 8:10. Was that for them to be in the Parade? My son wants to do MH/A and Jafar. So I am trying to build my plan around that.
Thanks

Hatter and Alice do only 30-45 minute sets, then they go away for tea. So their line gets cut each set when it gets full for that specific set. You can still get in the line for the following set, but you'll have a much longer wait. Since they do appear in the parade, they do not do sets during those times.

The only character I want to meet is the hag from Snow White - do I need to plan for this or is her line generally not too bad? and are there times when she's out or is she in Liberty Square all night? I'd also like to see Jafar, but the hag is #1 on my list of characters to see!

Witch and Jafar are out all night long, so they're easy to find. I met Witch right before the first parade, only 3 families were in line and no one got in line behind us. I passed Jafar twice, both times the line looked to be about 20-30 minutes. Have fun!

Ty. That helps some. Are there any others that have dressed up for 2015?

That's it! Goofy is in his barnstormer outfit, but we wears that everyday so it's not really special. Otherwise it's just the VIPs and Pooh crew.

We went last night and had a mixed experience. DB really liked it and is totally game for MVMCP. Me, not so much. It started off bad when we went to leave Epcot for MK around 3, and the monorail broke down. After sitting on the (shoulder to shoulder crowded) train for about 20 minutes we decided to go find another way. I was unaware that if the monorail breaks down you are trapped in Epcot. So, then we had to get back in line and wait for the monorail again. Finally got back to TTC and jumped on the tram to our car, ran to it, changed into our costumes in the car, ran back to the tram, and caught the monorail to MK. We walked through the gates (with no wait at all getting out party wristbands and bags) at 4:30, having missed our first two FP+. We wandered a bit, did a few things, and walked onto BTMRR around 5:45. Posted wait was 10, i'd say it was closer to 5. Went over and used our HM FP+ at 6:05. Wandered a bit more and got in line for Jack Sparrow at 6:48. We were only about 10 groups back, but were in that line for just shy of 50 minutes. After that we decided no more long waits. We managed to see all three shows, with a great spot for the 2nd parade with only about a 10-15 minute wait in Frontierland. We met some characters, got on a few rides, and even managed another walk on BTMRR. All in all, it was ok, but i'm not sure i'd do it again.

We mostly had a good time, so i'll start with that. Good parts:
Got tons of candy (my arms were aching carrying it by the end of the night)
Met Piglet finally!
The lights, music, atmosphere, etc.
Hocus Pocus show was wonderful.
Amazing fireworks. (watched from just outside PFF, so we were surrounded!)

The not so good:
Too many people, and it wasn't even a sell out.
Lack of special merchandise.
Peeps. ew.

A few notes-

I heard a CM telling another guest that the Hocus Pocus shirts are totally sold out, but that they're are more coming in (so definitely not an 'only 300 made' situation), and that if you're coming to the park on another party day but not attending the party itself, you can show your wristband and still get the shirt. Whether or not that's true, who knows.

I had a hard time finding the "party only" treats. Maybe i'm just blind or something...i dunno. I never saw the Candy Corn cotton candy and I wanted that bad. The only place I saw the party cupcakes was Starbucks...not even at the bakery? Really?

How long are Jack Sparrow's sets? Or is he out all night long? Does he meet during the first parade and after Hallowishes? Thinking one of those times might be our best bet to see him with minimal waits.

I'm going to the party 10/6, so I know there are still about 6 more parties before then from which I can read reports and form a plan. However, knowing what we do right now, it seems like if you want to do HP show, parade and fireworks, that's pretty much ALL you will do, because you will need to spend the rest of your time camping out in a spot for those shows. That is probably not gonna fly with hubby or kids (and it seems a poor use of $383.41). Is there ANY combo of parade, castle show and fireworks (early parade, late castle show) that can work? I don't need front row, but I'd like to not be 5 people deep for the parade. HP show is MY first priority, so I hate to leave it to the midnight show, because if we miss it or can't see it, we are SOL. If I had to cut one, which would you cut? (parade, fireworks or castle show)? Thinking maybe skip fireworks or at least not worry about a good spot at all and just catch whatever part of them I can.

Sorry, to clarify, anyone with park admission gets 3 FP. If you have a MNSSHP ticket, you get to enter the park early at 4 p.m. The party does not start until 7 p.m. You can use 3 FP with your party ticket from 4 until 7. Again, if want you can use FP on your ticket night, just not during the party, so the window is really small.
I'm not understanding, either. You want 3 fastpasses before 4pm, and 3 fast passes afterward from 4-7? Attractions shouldn't be that crowded on a party day to warrant this, and if there is a long line, wait until close to party time, and it should be close to a walk-on. The only rides I've had to wait for during the party were Peter Pan and Seven Dwarves Mine Train.

I don't know how you could work the system anyways, as fastpasses are linked to the magicbands or cards, which are then linked to names on MDE. For that to work, you would need to have 2 cards / magicbands per person, which seems like it would not only be more money, but more of a hassle.

I still don't understand why this is a valid reason for you to "work the system". Does the system stink, yes it does, but it is the way it's set up right now. We are also choosing to go into the park earlier in the day and we have a couple of people in our group joining us at 4pm. In no way did I ever think to myself - I paid extra to go into the park early(my choice) and I paid so much money for the party tickets, then I should get extra FP+ for the day. I booked our FP+ from 3:30pm to 6:30pm and the rest of the day we will just deal with the lines. Like I said before, it's people that keep scamming the system that causes Disney to change the system which could potentially make things worse.
Very true. Think of the people from the first party who worked the system and stayed without paying. They ruined the paying party guest's time, and made the rest of us angry because they thought that they deserved more for their money than the rest of us.

How long are Jack Sparrow's sets? Or is he out all night long? Does he meet during the first parade and after Hallowishes? Thinking one of those times might be our best bet to see him with minimal waits.
I'm not sure how long he's out, but Kenny The Pirate said this: "I recommend going to see him during the first parade or immediately after the SECOND Boo To You Parade."
I wonder why he's out greeting during the first parade, since he's in it.

Hatter and Alice do only 30-45 minute sets, then they go away for tea. So their line gets cut each set when it gets full for that specific set. You can still get in the line for the following set, but you'll have a much longer wait. Since they do appear in the parade, they do not do sets during those times.
Thanks you for getting back and posting the links before.:-)

Yeah Jack had little to no line after the parade but once he made an appearance everyone funneled in.

If he's your priority Id say you guys have plenty of opportunity to meet and enjoy the party.

Let us know how you do!

thanks for posting all the info about character meet and greets and parade viewing. you all are really helping a newbie out.

Last edited:
This was on Main Street, right? Further up closer to the castle or closer to the park entrance?

Yes on Main Street - right before Casey's if you're walking towards the castle, right after if you're walking away from the castle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter