"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

So I sent Disney an email saying how disappointed we were that Maleficent, Evil Queen and Dr. Facillier were not doing meet and greets, even at an extra event like Villains Soirée. I wrote that seeing them in the parade and the Hocus Pocus show were not the same as a meet and greet.

I got a response back saying sorry, but they're available in the all new Hocus Pocus show and the parade. Insert eye roll. Did you even read my email?

I didn't expect anything earth shattering. I sent the email to vent and so I could say I at least expressed my disappointment. But for some reason the response about them being in the parade and the show when I specifically wrote that those options were not as desirable as a meet and greet, kind of made me want to shoot Disney the bird.

Time to take Elsa's advice and let it go!

Yeah I'm not sure why they weren't meeting its such a drag and would make the halloween party better with the actual villains in it...oh well at least We got cruella we gotta take what we can get sometimes!

Was anyone else super disappointed in the candy corn ice cream? It didnt take like anything other than vanilla ice milk to me.

Did anyone try the candy corn cotton candy?

I am thinking about trying the candy corn ice cream tomorrow. Hope its good. Anyone know the price and if its considered a snack for DDP?

We went to the party last night, and based on reports from the first night I was expecting to spend the entire night in lines. We were pleasantly surprised by how much we got down and the longest lines were only 30 minutes for Pooh gang, Tarzan gang, and the Dwarfs. In total we met 27 characters, rode 5 attractions, saw the fireworks and the second half of a Hocus Pocus show.

If you want more info, here's my report (with photos):

CHARCTER REPORT - September 20,2015
Hi, I was reading your link and saw that the Mad hatter/Alice line was cut a 8:10. Was that for them to be in the Parade? My son wants to do MH/A and Jafar. So I am trying to build my plan around that.
Thanks

Ok, here is my plan. Haunted Mansion 7PM (are the extra little things going on right at 7?)
Magic shots (2 near HM and 1 in Fantasyland)
First parade
Celebrate the Magic and Fireworks (Hopefully try to find one spot for all 3)
Trick or Treating and possibly meet a character or 2, if any have short lines
Last Hocus/Pocus stage show (12AM)
Is it doable??

Ok, here is my plan. Haunted Mansion 7PM (are the extra little things going on right at 7?)
First parade
Trick or Treating and possibly meet a character or 2, if any have short lines
Is it doable??
Sounds fine to me. You may not be able to find the Magic Shot in Fantasyland - I assume you are talking about the cauldron and the apple? We tried last year with no luck. There's not a specific place for it like what the Haunted Mansion has.

First parade
Trick or Treating and possibly meet a character or 2, if any have short linesn
Is it doable??

Apparently they had multiple PP doing the Magic Shot in FL last night but I didn't do them so I couldn't tell you the location. Best bet is to ask one of them when you're there

Yeah I'm not sure why they weren't meeting its such a drag and would make the halloween party better with the actual villains in it...oh well at least We got cruella we gotta take what we can get sometimes!

You'd think it would help with crowd control land overall lines if they had more characters to meet too.

I'm showing our 4 year old 101 Dalmations this weekend in the hopes that she'll get excited about meeting Cruela since she was disappointed when she found out no Maleficent!

FWIW, the last time we did MNSSHP (in 2013) they didn't have the magic shots up and running right at 7:00. It could have been just a technical problem those nights (we went to two parties that trip), but the first night we didn't see the Photopass photographer set up when we walked by around 7:00, and the second night when we stopped for one shortly after 7:00, the CM told us to come back in a half hour because she wasn't set up yet.

I am thinking about trying the candy corn ice cream tomorrow. Hope its good. Anyone know the price and if its considered a snack for DDP?
I don't know if it's on the DDP, but all of the pictures I've found on Google for it say the price is $3.49. Then again, they are all from 2013, so it may have deviated slightly.

We are going to the MK from 11 until 4 p.m. and the MNSSHP on the same day. To get an "additional" 3 FP for the 4 - 6 p.m. time, I created a shadow family for our MNSSHP tickets using my families middle names. It is my understand that, if available, when my 30 day out FP window for offsite guests opens, I can get the FPs linked directly to my shadow families MNSSHP tickets, which I will use during that 4 to 6 p.m. window.

This sounds confusing, but I think that is one way to "work the system."

Not trying to start anything here, but why do you feel the need to "work the system"? Why not just take the 3 FP+ options Disney gives and then use the kiosk in the park to get more as you use them. I know plenty of people do this, but it takes away the FP+ options available to everyone. We are staying on property so I made my FP+ choices at 60 days, but I would be upset if I had to wait until 30 days out and there was nothing left for me between 4-7pm while other people scammed the system and got 6 FP+ for the day. These are the things that people do that makes Disney have to come in and change the policies which can affect us all.

Sorry - one of my pet peeves - off my soap box now and back to party info.

We dont need t o buy Memory Maker to get Magic shots right? We can just buy the photos individually after the trip? We did this last trip but we didnt do the MNSSHP

We dont need t o buy Memory Maker to get Magic shots right? We can just buy the photos individually after the trip? We did this last trip but we didnt do the MNSSHP

Correct. You can use a photo pass card or Magic Band and then purchase form the website after reviewing them.

Thanks for that info. Well, I'm already pre-disappointed. I hope all the free candy makes up for it (although as a family we spent about $250 in tix so my kids can get $5 worth of candy from cast members)

E-mail Disney customer relations and tell them this. Nothing changes if people don't complain. You aren't the only one upset.

Read this on another site. Any truth to it? We have MNSSHP tix for next week and don't want to be surprised when we show up at 4:00, only to have to wait until 5:00 to enter the park:

"purchased our Halloween party tickets already and the service rep told me that we are not allowed in at 4pm any longer and that admission to special ticketed party events is now only 2 hours before the event starts. With the Halloween party starting at 7pm, we’d be allowed to enter the park at 5pm."

Read this on another site. Any truth to it? We have MNSSHP tix for next week and don't want to be surprised when we show up at 4:00, only to have to wait until 5:00 to enter the park:

"purchased our Halloween party tickets already and the service rep told me that we are not allowed in at 4pm any longer and that admission to special ticketed party events is now only 2 hours before the event starts. With the Halloween party starting at 7pm, we’d be allowed to enter the park at 5pm."

Everyone so far has been let in at 4. Those CM's on the phone, unfortunately, are grossly misinformed. About EVERYTHING.

Was anyone else super disappointed in the candy corn ice cream? It didnt take like anything other than vanilla ice milk to me.

Did anyone try the candy corn cotton candy?
I read that the ice cream was supposed to be plain vanilla but resemble candy corn. Don't they put candy corn inside the cone too?

Thanks! I have read that about the cauldron one. We will look and if we don't find it, it isn't a huge problem.
Oh, please let us know if you find this magic shot and where you found it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter