"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Thanks for that info. Well, I'm already pre-disappointed. I hope all the free candy makes up for it (although as a family we spent about $250 in tix so my kids can get $5 worth of candy from cast members)

I'm sorry! My daughter is going as Mal from the Descendants and she really wanted to get a picture with her "Mom" so she was disappointed when I told her that there will be no chance at meeting Maleficent this year. My son is going as Carlos so he's super excited about Cruella at least.

While nothing is guaranteed, the Evil Queen comes out regularly during Characterpalooza at DHS. Maybe you can try that?

To be fair, his comment would not have been so mean spirited if your comment wasn't so critical of his personal choices.

Y'all are taking this stuff way too seriously. Lol! Just be happy that someone accomplished their goals and hope for the best when it comes to your own. There is no right or wrong way to enjoy MNSSHP. Just do what makes you happy and leave the insults unsaid. :)

Agree! I guess my expectations are the very lowest of low. :rolleyes1 Since this will be my boyfriend's first visit to the Magic Kingdom and our only day/evening in the park, our goal will be to ride as many rides, see the parade, watch the fire works and get a ton of candy. We might stop in to see Mickey, but that's the only character we will stand in line for. Each person has different likes and desires - that's why Disney offers so many different experiences. I plan my evening my way - folks my not agree - but that's ok! Honestly I don't understand standing in line for characters - but hey..that's ok! I figure I make the lines shorter for all those folks wanting to meet the characters! :welcome: hehe...

To be fair, his comment would not have been so mean spirited if your comment wasn't so critical of his personal choices.

Y'all are taking this stuff way too seriously. Lol! Just be happy that someone accomplished their goals and hope for the best when it comes to your own. There is no right or wrong way to enjoy MNSSHP. Just do what makes you happy and leave the insults unsaid. :)

Thanks exactly! It's like when you say something, and don't expect to get something back in return. How is one suppose to take your review that you had a good time as "low expectations"? I mean really?

Anyway I can't wait to see your family's costumes for this year :-D

Hi Im going to my first MNSSHP tomorrow and I have a few questions. Hope someone can help me out. 1. Can someone give a complete list of character meet and greets? 2. Can someone tell me the prices of Candy Corn Soft Serve and the Ice Cream Sandwich and if they are a snack option on DDP? 3. Where are a few good places to watch the parade and fireworks? Is it true the second parade has less people? Ty for your time.

Sorry if this has been asked before but for the stage show - I want to be up front for at least 2 of them (going to 2 parties) - am I allowed to just park myself in front of the castle and wait? I'm scared about being moved later for fast pass or vip seating, etc. I am assuming that will be roped off right away so I can't make that mistake but asking in case. Also for the parade - where is the next best location besides Frontierland (since I've heard it gets super crowded now) ? Thanks in advance :) I am going Oct 1 and 2nd and the Disney nerves are already hitting me lol.

Make sure you get there early it was packed out even for the 12 am show! So make sure you get there early so you can reserve a great spot! No one will move you.

Hi Im going to my first MNSSHP tomorrow and I have a few questions. Hope someone can help me out. 1. Can someone give a complete list of character meet and greets? 2. Can someone tell me the prices of Candy Corn Soft Serve and the Ice Cream Sandwich and if they are a snack option on DDP? 3. Where are a few good places to watch the parade and fireworks? Is it true the second parade has less people? Ty for your time.
1-Kenny the pirate website
2- IDK sorry
3-This is tricky given how the party has been playing out this year so far. Our spot for the Parade is Liberty Square. We also go to the second one.

Sorry if this has been asked before but for the stage show - I want to be up front for at least 2 of them (going to 2 parties) - am I allowed to just park myself in front of the castle and wait? I'm scared about being moved later for fast pass or vip seating, etc. I am assuming that will be roped off right away so I can't make that mistake but asking in case. Also for the parade - where is the next best location besides Frontierland (since I've heard it gets super crowded now) ? Thanks in advance :) I am going Oct 1 and 2nd and the Disney nerves are already hitting me lol.
Absolutely! The roped off area is the area across facing the castle behind the partner statue. I've had a good view on main street both times for the parade.

1-Kenny the pirate website
2- IDK sorry
3-This is tricky given how the party has been playing out this year so far. Our spot for the Parade is Liberty Square. We also go to the second one.
Ty for your help
I went to Kenny the Pirate for most of the character meet and greets. he has some listed as unknown so was trying to fill out last few

thanks for sharing all the great tips on parade watching! this will be our first MNSSHP and first ever parade viewing...

Last edited:
We went to the party last night, and based on reports from the first night I was expecting to spend the entire night in lines. We were pleasantly surprised by how much we got down and the longest lines were only 30 minutes for Pooh gang, Tarzan gang, and the Dwarfs. In total we met 27 characters, rode 5 attractions, saw the fireworks and the second half of a Hocus Pocus show.

If you want more info, here's my report (with photos):

CHARCTER REPORT - September 20,2015

So for people who have attended....how has the line for the Winnie the Pooh M&G been time-wise? My DD2 is looking forward to meeting them so much but the attention span for waiting in line is not so long at this age, just trying to get a feel for how miserable she will be by then lol

Winnie the Pooh and gang was the shortest character line I saw. When I walked past there was maybe 8-9 groups waiting. They were also out before party started so I don't think there is a bad time to meet them

I've been reading every post as they've come in, but I still don't know what to do. o_O We're going to the party on Oct. 18th, and there will be 6 of us...4 adults and 2 little ones. I'm the only one whose been to this party before, so I feel like it's falling on my shoulders to make sure we all know what we're doing. :scared: My priorities are the parade, CtM, Hallowishes and the Hocus Pocus show, then trying to ride the HM, and whatever other fun Halloweeny things we may have time for. So, with ALL that being said, I don't know where to position us (and when) if we want to try to be in a good spot for all of the entertainment without having to try and move around that much. Does that make sense? I was originally thinking of grabbing a spot for the 1st parade, then staying on MS for the second showing of Hocus Pocus, which would then eventually lead into CtM and Hallowishes. The parade is at 8:35, HP starts at 9:20, CtM is at 9:45 and then Hallowishes is of course at 10. Does that sound like a smart plan?

Winnie the Pooh and gang was the shortest character line I saw. When I walked past there was maybe 8-9 groups waiting. They were also out before party started so I don't think there is a bad time to meet them

Thank you!!

So I sent Disney an email saying how disappointed we were that Maleficent, Evil Queen and Dr. Facillier were not doing meet and greets, even at an extra event like Villains Soirée. I wrote that seeing them in the parade and the Hocus Pocus show were not the same as a meet and greet.

I got a response back saying sorry, but they're available in the all new Hocus Pocus show and the parade. Insert eye roll. Did you even read my email?

I didn't expect anything earth shattering. I sent the email to vent and so I could say I at least expressed my disappointment. But for some reason the response about them being in the parade and the show when I specifically wrote that those options were not as desirable as a meet and greet, kind of made me want to shoot Disney the bird.

Time to take Elsa's advice and let it go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter