"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

How do you get those things home if you are flying? I have always skipped them because they are so big.
I always include a collapsible duffle bag that i actually got as one of those "spend so much get this" AT disney. That way i have an extra bag if i need it to get things home. I also ship home some breakables like the jim shore figurines i like to collect.

I am glad to hear the second party seem better at enforcing the wristbands. We never had an issue with Disney not enforcing the wristbands before to any of the parties we have been to. I am surprise they did such a poor job is not something new for them. We are going to the party on 10/29. I am super scared of the crowds since all the hotels are sold out .

Are the themed popcorn buckets available at all the popcorn stands? If not, where are they found? Thanks!

Are the themed popcorn buckets available at all the popcorn stands? If not, where are they found? Thanks!
Last Halloween I traveled all over the MK for the bucket. One cart sent me to another cart. I found them near the exit on Main street. They said that was because they had limited amount left.

Not that much. I bought the zero bucket back last year.
Just checked 11.2 oz

Crazy me, read how much do the weigh?:rotfl2:
So, maybe around $10 a piece?

BigMommaMouse said:
Last Halloween I traveled all over the MK for the bucket. One cart sent me to another cart. I found them near the exit on Main street. They said that was because they had limited amount left.
I'll definitely have to keep an eye out then, because I really want the Cinderella one!

This is our first time at the party and are very excited. What characters have the shortest and longest lines to stand in?

7 Dwarves: 2-3 hours
Jack and Sally: 2-3 hours
Mickey and Minnie: 1-2 hours
Donald and Daisy: 45 mins-1 hour

Those should be the worst. Keep in mind they will close the Dwarves and Jack and Sally's line as early as 10:30.

Got a call from a disney rep about our complaints from the first party. He said guest services have been swamped with calls and emails from guests from the first party. He mentioned they haven't received this much feedback for entire party seasons from the last few years combined.

He admitted that disney messed up with clearing the parks.

He also said an overwhelming theme from everyone's complaints was the lack of events and characters exclusive to the party.

Another interesting point: he said they'd been planning on doing the villains dance party in Tomorrowland but the venue ended up being too troublesome with fire codes and stuff. Not sure what venue he was talking about? Maybe they were going to put it in cosmic rays?

Someone else is going to call back to discuss further.

I really hope this does make a difference in next year's party with all the exclusive party offerings.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the Cinderella popcorn bucket:
CPCB7502741.jpg

Yup, this is what I have done for years. It definitely helps against spot creeping.
Also turn the stroller sideways to hold the spot...then you can face it forward when it's time for the parade. You claimed the spot and waited, nothing wrong with defending it!!!

Oooh, that's a good idea, thank you! I don't mind fighting to defend my spot but at 13 weeks pregnant, I don't want to be pushed out of the way! DH is a 6 foot Italian New Yorker, maybe I'll leave him to guard our spot and I'll do bathroom trips with our son!

Did you email your original concern or did you initially call? And how long did it take for them to get back to you ?

Since Jack and Sally were out way before 7pm, I wonder how many non-party people were able to take advantage of a "party exclusive"? Do you think they checked party bands for that M&G? They are a priority for our MNSSHP but if they come out early maybe we could sneak in more characters. I wonder how early the earliest people were in line for them and what time were those people done?

We were in line at 5.10 for Jack and Sally, and the Cast Members were checking everyone's bands as they got in line. I saw a few people without bands looking in at the line but not being allowed in. They came out at 5.30 and we met them at 6.20. I found it really frustrating that there wasn't a list of times/characters for each location, as if I hadn't been reading this forum I wouldn't have known who was where and when.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter