"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Looking at last year's map it also just said Splash Mountain with no mention of a trail but there was a trail. Perhaps this year is the same? Thanks Smitch for all your work!
Thanks. I did notice that on last year's map, but we never made it over there last year. Lol

Okay, let me start by saying we never do Disney parades or fireworks, so I want to really impress my family with the events of MNSSHP but am clueless about shows, etc. I decided these three main things we want to do....
1. Cadavers Dan at 9:15 on main street - do we know where on main street and where is the best viewing? (got the time from touring plans...)
2. Headless Horseman at 10:25 - This time is based on Touring Plans. I was planning on getting the family to the Haunted Mansion area about 10:15 - where do you recommend we catch this or is it just pre-parade and once we have our parade seat we can't miss him?
3. PARADE! - people rave about this parade and I want to show my family how awesome it is and why we are spending another $300+ on the MNSSHP experience.... So this is my #1 must do! My family loves Splash and BTMRR so I was going to keep them occupied there while I got a seat for the parade in frontierland - where are 2 good areas?!

Thanks for any advice! SO EXCITED!

^ The horseman rides the entire parade route just 5 minutes before the parade. Check your timing because the parade times are different this year, 8:35 and 11:15, so that puts the Horseman 5 minutes prior to those times, starting in Frontierland and moving through Liberty Square and Main Street. If you have good parade seats you will see him.

Also, last year, the Cadaver Dans played in Frontierland, not Main Street. I dunno if it's different this year.

There are tons of people who have better Cadaver Dan videos on YouTube, but here's one I got last year -

I hadn't seen them at the 4 previous parties we'd been to so I was really excited to see them last year. We found them in Frontierland. :)

So the current MNNSHP schedule is out (http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/09/08/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2015-map-and-info/) and I’m trying to figure out some sort of plan.

Just wondering if anyone can chime in on the plan I’ve made for myself. Do you guys think the below would be doable? We are 2 adults attending the September 22 party.

6:00-7:30: get in line/visit with Jack and Sally (we have a previous ADR so this is the earliest I can do this)

7:30-8:20: get in line/visit Cruella DeVille

8:20-9:20: get in line/visit Buzz & Lotso

9:20-10:00: get a spot and watch Celebrate the Magic/Hallowishes

10:00-10:30: get in line/visit with Pooh and friends

10:45-11:45: get a spot and watch the Boo to You parade

11:45 to 12:30: get a spot and watch the Hocus Pocus Villains Spectacular

That cotton candy sounds yummy!

Any opinions about my sort of Disneybounding costume? I'll have an Olaf hat and plan to wear white capris and a white shirt (which I would not normally do of course). Should I add black stick on faux buttons (paper or whatever) or would that take it from Disneybounding to a (weird) costume???

So when do we get the special bands that show we're attending MNSSHP? We don't have paper tickets; we were told they are on our Magic Bands. Do we get the special MNSSHP band when we enter the park that morning?

Also, note that the party wristbands are not MagicBands. They are the old school state fair/carnival-style Tyvec bands you have to cut off at the end of the night. And they change the colors and graphics for each night of the party.

ETA: Oops, I see someone else had already pointed this out!

Last edited:
That cotton candy sounds yummy!

Any opinions about my sort of Disneybounding costume? I'll have an Olaf hat and plan to wear white capris and a white shirt (which I would not normally do of course). Should I add black stick on faux buttons (paper or whatever) or would that take it from Disneybounding to a (weird) costume???

I think that would work wonderfully. Having the hat already puts it into more of a hybrid approach than most Disneybounding photos I have seen. I think it is a great way to be in costume and still be comfortable.

So the current MNNSHP schedule is out (http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/09/08/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2015-map-and-info/) and I’m trying to figure out some sort of plan.

Just wondering if anyone can chime in on the plan I’ve made for myself. Do you guys think the below would be doable? We are 2 adults attending the September 22 party.

6:00-7:30: get in line/visit with Jack and Sally (we have a previous ADR so this is the earliest I can do this)

7:30-8:20: get in line/visit Cruella DeVille

I've never been to a party but based on previous posts, I think you'll still be in line for Jack and Sally at 8:20

Is there an opening type show, like what they do in the morning for the park opening? We've always went in between 3:45 - 4:00 for the parties.

stampinot took the words right out of my mouth. I think I read a comment on the DPB that Disney Photography would be making their own announcement?? Or am I making things up in my own head??

I think that would work wonderfully. Having the hat already puts it into more of a hybrid approach than most Disneybounding photos I have seen. I think it is a great way to be in costume and still be comfortable.

Thanks for your thoughts....I'm going to add the buttons....Yes, some of the DB outfits I've seen are just cute for anytime imo (I might have to be told who someone is) and others are more obvious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter