• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

o_OSo this means that the add ons are the only way to meet the villains any villain ?!
That kinda seems sad that there's a chance going for a Halloween event and not getting to meet 1 villain o_O

Last year was our first MNSSHP (9/1/14) and we all loved it and are returning again this year (10/8/14). We had THE BEST time at the Diamond Horseshoe dance party. We definitely arrived at DHS on the early side of the evening, long before the first parade. We all danced with Cruella, Facilier, Frollo and the Tremaines. It was not crowded. Maybe 20-30 ppl milling around. At times though, it was only my daughter, son and I dancing with the Villians and a few other CMs. All the Villians were engaging and each danced with my kids. We did not ask for any autographs, but did take several photos of them dancing together. And, even grabbed a posed shot with Facilier. This was one of my kids and my TOP 5 experiences last year. I am really hoping WDW will be doing something similar this year since DHS is being renovated.

We are going to be going on October 1st as well. Haven't been to MNSSHP since 2006 and with that being our first time we just milled around having no idea where anything was. Much more prepared this time. :)

Just an FYI - Sparkle Athletic has capes that are super fun and very lightweight. http://sparkleathletic.com/shop/magenta-super-sparkle-cape/

Thank you, that's a fun idea!

Well crap indeed.

That doesn't change things for me much, since I'll just be by my lonesome self. Parents with young children would probably go to the first parade which means the second parade should be (fingers crossed) significantly less crowded. Will this affect the wait time of characters and rides during the parade/fireworks? Predictions, anyone?

The usual nights have wishes at 10pm, right..? How do people with little ones see the fireworks normally if that is too late? :(

I hope they will allow people to get a refund if they know now their kids won't make it!

My son has never seen Wishes because it's too late. Buying the party tickets, I was excited that the fireworks would be earlier and I thought my little one might make it. 30 minutes isn't a huge difference for most but with a toddler, it's a BIG difference!

That doesn't change things for me much, since I'll just be by my lonesome self. Parents with young children would probably go to the first parade which means the second parade should be (fingers crossed) significantly less crowded. Will this affect the wait time of characters and rides during the parade/fireworks? Predictions, anyone?

As a party of two adults, the later times aren't an issue for us, either. Like you though, we're hoping it means the second parade will be much less crowded and (therefore) much more enjoyable.

The usual nights have wishes at 10pm, right..? How do people with little ones see the fireworks normally if that is too late? :(

I hope they will allow people to get a refund if they know now their kids won't make it!

We go in September when Wishes are always at 9pm (we avoid weekends). It's the last thing we do before leaving the park - usually with the kids passed out in the stroller by the time we exit the gates!

Any suggestions for making an Anna costume? I'd really like to be her, but also have a limited budget and ZERO skill when it comes to sewing or anything like that. Either outfit would be fine (coronation look is prettier and more "typical", but I think the one she wears for most of the movie would be easier to recreate)

So, links to etsy shops, DIY guides, Disney bounding, etc would be great.

Any suggestions for making an Anna costume? I'd really like to be her, but also have a limited budget and ZERO skill when it comes to sewing or anything like that. Either outfit would be fine (coronation look is prettier and more "typical", but I think the one she wears for most of the movie would be easier to recreate)

I helped a friend make an Anna costume, and actually did a super cheap one too. One option would be to Disney bound, but if you really want to make it look like her, I think Amazon is your best best. A black tank(I painted the design on with some fabric paint), a blue undershirt, and a long blue skirt. You could easily do that for under $75? As for the boots, they're harder. I made a pair of them by painting them. A cute option for the dress would be to google "frozen anna skater dress". Under $50, the dress is short and looks like Anna's whole design.

I am sure this has been answered already but I read through part of the 69 pages and I just cant go any further! So please help a gal out! Options are the first party on the 15th or the one on the 20th, which would be better or are they both going to be about the same, I don't want to go on Friday because of locals. Kind of a last minute trip only thing we are doing at Disney this trip, other days we will be at US and SW. So I want to make the best of it.
Thanks!!

I am sure this has been answered already but I read through part of the 69 pages and I just cant go any further! So please help a gal out! Options are the first party on the 15th or the one on the 20th, which would be better or are they both going to be about the same, I don't want to go on Friday because of locals. Kind of a last minute trip only thing we are doing at Disney this trip, other days we will be at US and SW. So I want to make the best of it.
Thanks!!

Might be best to do the second option. The first night will have a lot of unknowns in regards to special characters.

By the second party you'll know a lot more. I might be wrong, but I think locals tend to wait until at least October before they flock to the Halloween parties.

How to paint a cute Anna tank:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2322237284342985/

hot topic sells a mini dress if you could find a way to make it work:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Po...isney+Frozen+Anna+Inspired+Dress-10290901.jsp

If you want to go for her traveling outfit, searching for a travelng cape may work. I've used onestopplus to piece together costumes, but its a lot of trial and error and i did need to have things slightly altered.

i'm also hoping for an add-on event to the MNSSHP since i really loved what was done for the Villains Soiree last year. i want something similar/comparable for my 1st MNSSHP! i'll just keep calling to see what info is out there & watch the DISboards religiously in hopes of an announcement. i do agree that Disney is doing a terrible job of special events announcements as i'm also a part of the Epcot Food & Wine Festival Premium Package fiasco currently going on. hoping good news will be forthcoming in the next few weeks for all of us waiting! it's definitely a lesson in patience!!

we are going to our first ever MNSSHP on 10/25 this year. we are planning on the 2nd parade (probably in frontierland). how early should be go out into main street to be able to watch CTM and wishes? i see that CTM is moved back to 9:45. we will probably be coming from tomorrowland so maybe we should just watch from the bridge?

I dont know what is your size but I seen I lot of frozen dress at a very low price on the web site Aliexpress

So did anyone else notice all the villains on the hocus pocus show advertisement?

All the usual suspects plus oogie boogie and Hades. I know I shouldn't let this excite me and it's probably nothing.

But I have to wonder if these 2 will be showing up at mnsshp this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter