Official 2015 Disney Marathon Thread

Anyone ever have an issue with a bib not tracking any time. My wife ran the half this morning and none of her splits were recorded. All mine are accounted for. I assume RD has some way to rectify.

Heard some stories from other friends at the finish that the same thing happened to them.

I know that in the past when I was tracking my friends I would get there 10K and 15K splits hours after getting the result time

FYI for those who may want to arrive later than suggested tomorrow. I got on the bus line at POP at 4 exactly and did not make it to the staging area until 5. The line for the bus was really long but there was also a TON of traffic we got stuck in. I had enough time to use the porta pots and walk to the corral before it moved up. I was in K

We were in the same line. Years past I have seen the buses lined up waiting to be fill. Not this morning. 1 bus at a time.

Tomorrow morning I plan on being on the bus at 3

Thing is her times are not even on Track Shack
My wife's "official" time was based on Corral A (clock time)... She started in corral N!!! So we were all getting the texts wonder what was wrong and why it took her 1:40 to do the first 5K.

She was told to email and explain the issue and it might be fixed. She had her garmin and knows what her chip time should be. It was a one hour difference.

Nothing went wrong with my timing.

We were in the same line. Years past I have seen the buses lined up waiting to be fill. Not this morning. 1 bus at a time. Tomorrow morning I plan on being on the bus at 3
I plan on being earlier too. I paid for the retreat and would at least like to enjoy it a little bit before the race

I thought that last year with the expanded corrals the wait time was like 3 minutes in between corrals. I so do not want to go outside. We are not getting there as early as we would if it was warmer. Everyone have a good run today :thumbsup2

Glad tomorrow is going to ne a little warmer

I decided on shorts with a long sleeve running shirt for today and had a long sleeve throwaway as well for the corrals. I was dressed great for the run (even got warm enough to unzip the front a little at one point) but was freezing while waiting for the start. The forecast looks a lot warmer for tomorrow but I don't have another throwaway shirt and was planning to run in shorts and short sleeve shirt. I sure hope I'm not as cold waiting for the start as I was today.

My wife's "official" time was based on Corral A (clock time)... She started in corral N!!! So we were all getting the texts wonder what was wrong and why it took her 1:40 to do the first 5K.

She was told to email and explain the issue and it might be fixed. She had her garmin and knows what her chip time should be. It was a one hour difference.

Nothing went wrong with my timing.

That sucks. My timing worked good for all of the splits and the overall time. It sounds like someone messed up programing that chip since it had the wrong corral as well. Hopefully there is a way to correct it.

The early corrals this morning were 3 minutes apart. We were in N at the very front. It was 6 minutes until we heard the fireworks for O. Since it was our first, we were happy for the cushion.

This was my first Disney Half and it was great with one exception, my corral placement. I wish RunDisney would keep the time submission period open longer and that they would shorten the time between corrals. I ran my first half one day after the cutoff, so couldn't get it submitted (clearly my bad but it still seems like the cutoff is arbitrary). My brother ran his half earlier in the year and was placed in Corral D while I was in Corral O. While our times were not far apart, his run was so different than mine with more character interaction and time for pictures. He reached 10k, before we even reached the start. For this run, even with the throw away sweatshirt, workman gloves (Walmart was picked clean) and winter hat, I froze waiting 50 minutes for the race to start then another 55 minutes waiting for our corral to be released.

It seemed to me that they never sealed off the corrals at 5 like they claimed and late comers were allowed to join their corrals whenever they arrived. In my opinion, there should be a cutoff and if you are late, you go to the back. I understand that being late may not be entirely your fault but thousands of us got up a little earlier and made it there on time. They could then release the corrals every three minutes instead of 5 with one additional corral for those that arrive late.

The other key lesson is to make sure you submit your race times to get in a forward corral as the experience is far superior to a corral toward the back.

In the end, this was a good event for me with a PB but could have been great if we could have run it together or at least had the opportunity to finish closer to each other. We will likely be back next year or for the Wine and Dine.

Are any vendors still around tomorrow (Sunday) or is the expo totally done at this point?

"It seemed to me that they never sealed off the corrals at 5 like they claimed..."

I'm not sure they claim seal them. They just tell us to be there.

If you're late you run a risk.

The other key lesson is to make sure you submit your race times to get in a forward corral as the experience is far superior to a corral toward the back.

In the end, this was a good event for me with a PB but could have been great if we could have run it together or at least had the opportunity to finish closer to each other. We will likely be back next year or for the Wine and Dine.

Glad that you had a good event and congratulations on your PB:thumbsup2

You are correct about the race times. They have made it very clear that they will not adjust the corrals after the deadlines. Even though it may seem arbitrary, you do have several months to update/submit your time because the deadline is known at registration. Other option was for your brother to drop back and start with you.

That being said, it looks like the party people in the back corrals also had a great time :)

Hi everyone so excited for you all! I have not done a WDW race since 2011. I was hoping to get back in for the 1/2 in 2016 for my 50th!!!

So much is different with tech being different. One thing what is an igiftbag???

Im sure there will be more as I look into it further- but 5 yrs is a long time I guess.

Linda

It seemed to me that they never sealed off the corrals at 5 like they claimed and late comers were allowed to join their corrals whenever they arrived. In my opinion, there should be a cutoff and if you are late, you go to the back.

First of all, I've never heard about a cut off. They don't even announce in the staging area that you need to head to your corral until 5. My bus took an hour to get there this morning and I arrived at 4:55. I was at the bus stop at 3:45

Second, how does people being late affect you and your race? It doesn't delay anything. Kinda sounds like you're jealous you didn't get to sleep in a little ;)

Congratulations everyone! I hope you all had an amazing race! It was my first full and I did have a great time... weather was much better today than yesterday (even with a bit of a rain). I waited for 10 mins until open to ride EVEREST, hubby had a mcFlurry for me at mile 15 and loved the chocolate in DHS. Volunteers and spectator support was awesome! Thanks to all of you that contributed to this thread I have enjoyed the advice and experiences you have all shared.

What I did see yesterday and today was people waiting until the corrals started moving up, and then they would jump in. That does annoy me.

The volunteers did a good job up to that point of checking bibs, but then they had to help move up the corrals.

Congratulations everyone! I hope you all had an amazing race! It was my first full and I did have a great time... weather was much better today than yesterday (even with a bit of a rain). I waited for 10 mins until open to ride EVEREST, hubby had a mcFlurry for me at mile 15 and loved the chocolate in DHS. Volunteers and spectator support was awesome! Thanks to all of you that contributed to this thread I have enjoyed the advice and experiences you have all shared.

I liked the weather yesterday much better. It was perfect.

Today was good at the start. Then it rained at
Mile 20, and was humid for the last 6
Miles. At least for me.

I only ran the 10k this weekend and it was my first running event ever. Well all I can say is it got me hooked and I want to go bigger and better. Definitely want to do at least the half of not the full.

Ran the 10k - my first race ever! I had a blast and I agree with the previous poster, I now have dreams of bigger and better! I really want to do the half, but we'll see. Congrats to all who achieved their goal this past week!

I would love if someone could answer my question. Where can we find our chip time? I'd love to know what my pace per mile averaged out to. My device got paused for a portion of the race, so the time that I was keeping wasn't entirely accurate. Thanks in advance!

Ran the 10k - my first race ever! I had a blast and I agree with the previous poster, I now have dreams of bigger and better! I really want to do the half, but we'll see. Congrats to all who achieved their goal this past week!

I would love if someone could answer my question. Where can we find our chip time? I'd love to know what my pace per mile averaged out to. My device got paused for a portion of the race, so the time that I was keeping wasn't entirely accurate. Thanks in advance!

See the link below, pick the class and enter your bib number

http://trackshack.com/disneysports/results/wdw/wdw15/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter