Official 2013 MVMCP Information

You said the best way to maximize the character meet and greets is to get in line just before they arrive.

How did you know when they would arrive? Is there a posted schedule?

There is no posted schedule anywhere. Even the map from WDW doesn't tell you who is meeting and when. It just gives you a Mickey Head Icon where characters are meeting. Check out Kennys the Pirates site for a list of where everyone meets. We asked the character attendants when the next set was for that particular character and then got in line 10-20 minutes beforehand.

Wow, what detail! I also have a question on the M&G. I have seen somewhere that there are schedules for the characters that can be fairly relied on. Did you use something like this? It seems when our kids were young we were always just missing the characters after waiting in line for a loooong time, because we qued up with everyone else when the characters arrived.

Check out the list of who is meeting. There are no times listed anywhere. We found the best way was to ask an attendant when the next set was. We already knew the times for the Hundred Acre Wood Gang, as they were identical to the Halloween Party. We knew where everyone was beforehand, worked our our priorities and just walked around. Our main goal was to meet characters, watch the stage show at the castle, the fireworks and parade.

http://kennythepirate.com/category/...ickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-characters/

My family and I will be at the party on 12/3. We're planning to catch the less-crowded second parade and have read that a good spot that is not generally too crowded is on Main Street by the train station. What time do you guys suggest to arrive there to grab a spot? And I just wanted to know if anyone could verify that there would still be snow in this area and also if anyone knew an estimate of what time the parade reaches this area.

My family and I will be at the party on 12/3. We're planning to catch the less-crowded second parade and have read that a good spot that is not generally too crowded is on Main Street by the train station. What time do you guys suggest to arrive there to grab a spot? And I just wanted to know if anyone could verify that there would still be snow in this area and also if anyone knew an estimate of what time the parade reaches this area.

Yes, it does snow in the Town Square area. It would be best to look for a spot at least 20-30 minutes before the parade just to be safe.

The following link is the video of this year's parade shot from the Main Street train station:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iQs5iI...=/watch?v=iQs5iI020nM&feature=player_embedded

Brer Kevin said:

Are ypu staying after the seond p#rade? I would bet that making your way up main street after the parde will be hard as m,y people are leaving then

Wow, what detail! I also have a question on the M&G. I have seen somewhere that there are schedules for the characters that can be fairly relied on. Did you use something like this? It seems when our kids were young we were always just missing the characters after waiting in line for a loooong time, because we qued up with everyone else when the characters arrived.

I know you weren't asking me, but we didn't plan to go to the party and bought our tickets right there at the MK the night of the party with no plan in place.

I sat down got out the map and KTP's app for characters. It worked well. The only piece of advice I have is that the character lines were closed much earlier than the characters were slated to stay. Also people were lining up at least 30 minutes before the next set.

We were heading out of the park when the 2nd parade was at the hub. We made it from the hub (taking the rose garden) down to the train station in the time it took for the parade to get there. We missed the princess float though. We were in the second row standing. For some reason the people in front of us left and we ended up with front row, right at the turn where everything faced us! I think that was just a fluke and would not count on a last minute spot like that.

While we were walking from the hub to Main St, there was snow between the building, but not where we were standing by the corner of the Train Station.

And even if we don't have PhotoPass, we can hand them our personal camera to take a picture, right?

Yes! The attendant will come and take your camera before you get into position with the characters. As soon as the photos are taken, you are expected to leave quickly.

Yes! The attendant will come and take your camera before you get into position with the characters. As soon as the photos are taken, you are expected to leave quickly.

Woohoo! I knew they did that for the Princess Half Marathon but I wanted to double check. Thanks!

And even if we don't have PhotoPass, we can hand them our personal camera to take a picture, right?

Yes. Photo pass hasn't been at every single character meet that we have done. At the past two Christmas Parties, we didn't have photo pass at Hook and Smee, Wendy and Peter, Mary Poppins and Beet. We walked past other times and they had photo pass then.

Maybe this has been answered, but what time do i need to get a spot for the fireworks and where should I watch it from??? Thanks!

Are there any special photopass spots at the party? I've only ever gone to the Halloween party and there were some special ones with ghosts in them. I was wondering if there were any like that at the christmas party. Thanks!

Are there any special photopass spots at the party? I've only ever gone to the Halloween party and there were some special ones with ghosts in them. I was wondering if there were any like that at the christmas party. Thanks!

There is one that has the large VMCP Ornament that you stand behind and the Castle is in the background. I saw it in a blog post...if I find it, I'll lift the photo...

There is one that has the large VMCP Ornament that you stand behind and the Castle is in the background. I saw it in a blog post...if I find it, I'll lift the photo...

That sounds like a must-do to me! Probably very long lines for it, huh? Perhaps we will wait until the end of the evening for that one.

That sounds like a must-do to me! Probably very long lines for it, huh? Perhaps we will wait until the end of the evening for that one.

I can't find the Blog but the Ornament is on one of the walkways a little to the right of the Castle.

The CS restaurants serving the hot cocoa and cookies have large/huge Candy Canes marking the locations.

I can't find the Blog but the Ornament is on one of the walkways a little to the right of the Castle.

The CS restaurants serving the hot cocoa and cookies have large/huge Candy Canes marking the locations.

Thank you so much for all the great info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter