Official 2013 MVMCP Information

I agree. Main St was crowded, but everywhere else was great. And ride lines were outstanding! We walked on Pirates, Thunder Mountain, Small World, and Under the Sea, had a <5 min wait for Buzz and Haunted Mansion, and a 10 min wait for the Jingle Cruise, Enchanted Tales, and Ariel's Grotto. There was a 10 min wait for Space Mountain and Pooh, and no wait for Grand Prix or tea cups--although we didn't ride these this time. Not because we didn't have the time, though.

Lines were short for hot chocolate and cookies-- except in Adventureland. We saw the late parade, but just walked up and watched over people's heads near the castle. It was definitely crowded there!

It was my first hard-ticket party ever (we have APs, so never saw the benefit for the huge financial outlay--and even this time it was just me and some adult friends), so I don't know what's typical for one of those parties, but this one was a sell-out. But based on my experience, the fact that we are ride people, and the fact that we aren't planning to renew APs next year, we will definitely plan to attend the Halloween and Christmas parties instead! Even at a sold-out party I had a better ride experience than a low- to medium-crowd day. And those are getting harder and harder to find.

Honestly, most people don't pay $65 a head to do things they can do on a regular park day, which is why ride lines stay short and Main Street stays crazy busy.

If you're there for rides, any night will be great. Even a sold out one.

Do the party characters all meet until midnight, or does it depend on who it is? I'm wondering if we'll have more time to do characters after the 10:30 parade if we can't fit them all in before Wishes. I have 4 main character groups I'd like to see, and they are all in Fantasyland, but I don't know if I'll have time depending on how long waits are. I figure the best bet to cut down party time waiting would be to get in line early for the Dwarves, hopefully get to see them not long after 7, and then jump to Princess Fairytale Hall for the Princesses/Princes. But this year, unlike the last party I went to when they were in Town Square Theater, it'll be 2 separate lines/waits in order to see them all. Any advice? I want to see Celebrate the Magic at 9:15, so allowing time to get back to Main Street, that leaves probably a little less than 2 hours prior to the show to meet characters.

Party character lines are typically cut whenever they feel they have enough people to fill the line through midnight. If someone is important to you, I would suggest seeing them earlier rather than later.

I have yet to read this whole thread, but I'm working on it:thumbsup2 I can't wait to ask my question -
This is my first trip ever to WDW and we are going to the party and I really do not know what to expect.....

1) Does anyone have the 2013 mvmcp time schedule or time guide they would like to share here?
2) Is cocoa and cookies given out at 1 location? or in each land?
3) What time does it snow on main street
4) there are 2 parades, right? Which one do you suggest going to?
5) are fp distributed at all on a party night?

I think the time guide would answer all of these questions but I don't know where to get a current one. A friend of mine who went last year gave me hers...and it would be very helpful planning the evening if we had one.....thanks for your help - These boards rock!!! :yay:

i have yet to read this whole thread, but i'm working on it:thumbsup2 i can't wait to ask my question - this is my first trip ever to wdw and we are going to the party and i really do not know what to expect.....

1) does anyone have the 2013 mvmcp time schedule or time guide they would like to share here?
2) is cocoa and cookies given out at 1 location? Or in each land?
3) what time does it snow on main street
4) there are 2 parades, right? Which one do you suggest going to?
5) are fp distributed at all on a party night?

I think the time guide would answer all of these questions but i don't know where to get a current one. A friend of mine who went last year gave me hers...and it would be very helpful planning the evening if we had one.....thanks for your help - these boards rock!!! :yay:

1. It's in this thread already somewhere.
2. Multiple locations all over the park.
3. All night I think.
4. Two parades, second one is less crowded.
5. Not at all.

I have yet to read this whole thread, but I'm working on it:thumbsup2 I can't wait to ask my question - This is my first trip ever to WDW and we are going to the party and I really do not know what to expect..... 1) Does anyone have the 2013 mvmcp time schedule or time guide they would like to share here? 2) Is cocoa and cookies given out at 1 location? or in each land? 3) What time does it snow on main street 4) there are 2 parades, right? Which one do you suggest going to? 5) are fp distributed at all on a party night? I think the time guide would answer all of these questions but I don't know where to get a current one. A friend of mine who went last year gave me hers...and it would be very helpful planning the evening if we had one.....thanks for your help - These boards rock!!! :yay:

Here it is...
http://www.disneydining.com/mickeys-merry-christmas-party-guide-map/

Ah, I didn't even take into consideration the some of the rides that aren't open during the party (like Enchanted Tales) will still be open for a bit - I may cancel our FP+ reservations for those rides so we don't use our park ticket for that day!

Does anyone know when the rides that are not open during the party close?

Ah, I didn't even take into consideration the some of the rides that aren't open during the party (like Enchanted Tales) will still be open for a bit - I may cancel our FP+ reservations for those rides so we don't use our park ticket for that day!

Does anyone know when the rides that are not open during the party close?

Not correct. Only a very few rides are not open during parties, but they tend to be low-interest second- and third-tier attractions anyway. Examples are Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, etc., but not Enchanted Tales With Belle, which IS open during parties. Those few that close do so at 7:00p.

Not correct. Only a very few rides are not open during parties, but they tend to be low-interest second- and third-tier attractions anyway. Examples are Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, etc., but not Enchanted Tales With Belle, which IS open during parties. Those few that close do so at 7:00p.

Hm, the blog I read must not have been correct. They had a list of what would & would not be open - I see a link a couple of posts before mine. I shall go check it out!

Ah, I didn't even take into consideration the some of the rides that aren't open during the party (like Enchanted Tales) will still be open for a bit - I may cancel our FP+ reservations for those rides so we don't use our park ticket for that day! Does anyone know when the rides that are not open during the party close?

And, don't cancel your FP+. Use them to see if they work once you are in the park. It doesn't have anything to do with your type of entrance into the park that day.

And, don't cancel your FP+. Use them to see if they work once you are in the park. It doesn't have anything to do with your type of entrance into the park that day.

It doesn't link to my regular park tickets? I don't want to use one of our military 4-day tickets if we don't have to, because we can use them in February.

It doesn't link to my regular park tickets? I don't want to use one of our military 4-day tickets if we don't have to, because we can use them in February.

No, it isn't linked. If you enter w/a party ticket and you have Fp+ on your MagicBand, there is no way it can deduct a regular park day ticket. Just make sure you enter with the hard plastic ticket and do not use your MagicBand to enter.

I hope they keep the same ones open for the Nov 17th MVMCP! It says that one is for Nov 8th & 11th, so I'm keepin' my fingers crossed!

No, it isn't linked. If you enter w/a party ticket and you have Fp+ on your MagicBand, there is no way it can deduct a regular park day ticket. Just make sure you enter with the hard plastic ticket and do not use your MagicBand to enter.

Ah, I'm such a noob :worship:

Thanks for the tip tho! Now we will make sure to go at 4pm & use our MVMCP tickets to enter then use our FP+/MagicBands inside the park.

I know everyone says to go to 2nd parade. How likely can you get a spot in Frontierland for the 1st parade? Can you see the 7:45 Celebrate the Season show & get over there fast enough or is that not doable?? Thanks so much!

I know everyone says to go to 2nd parade. How likely can you get a spot in Frontierland for the 1st parade? Can you see the 7:45 Celebrate the Season show & get over there fast enough or is that not doable?? Thanks so much!

DD is reporting Frontierland was packed for the first parade last night.

She still suggests Main Street for the second parade because of the snow. And, it does snow near the Main Street train station which is not very crowded for the second parade.

DD is reporting Frontierland was packed for the first parade last night. She still suggests Main Street for the second parade because of the snow. And, it does snow near the Main Street train station which is not very crowded for the second parade.

Thank you! I guess the Railroad is not running during the party is it? It would be nice to get to the train station without having to walk through the crowd.

Thank you! I guess the Railroad is not running during the party is it? It would be nice to get to the train station without having to walk through the crowd.

No, according to the Guide Map, the Railroad is not running during the Party.. Walking through the shops will probably be a little faster than Main Street's sidewalks.

It was crowded but only really around Main St which is normal. The other lands were fairly quite through the night. We got a front row spot for the 10:30pm parade 15 minutes prior to it starting in Frontierland.

That's the thing. Around 9 we tried to go towards Big Thunder Mountain RR and they had it closed off by the Carousel because of the weather advisory. So we had to cross over Main Street. Yikes! (Maybe there was a better way, I'm not sure). It wasn't near as bad when we went to MNSSHP on actual Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter