OFFICIAL 2010 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) Tips and Tricks

Berlioz70

DIS Veteran
Unlike MNSSHP 2010, it doesn't appear we have an official MVMCP 2010 Thread. So here we go!!

DISBoard Guests
Check out the Happy Dance MVMCP thread to see which DISBoard Guests will be partying with you!

PARTY DATES
November 8, 11, 12, 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30;
December 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, and 19

TIME
Party runs official 7p-12a.
With your party ticket, you can enter the park at 4pm.

PARK MAP
2010 MVMCP Map

COST AllEars.net
Advance Purchase: $57.46 for adults 10 and older / $51.07 for ages 3-9 (Not available December 7, 10, 12, 17 or 19)

Passholder and DVC Member Discounts: $53.20 / $46.81 (Not available December 7, 10 through 19)

Day of Event (if still available): $63.85 /$57.46

ENTERTAINMENT

Characters
Images of 2010 MVMCP Characters

Dance Parties
Get down with the characters at Cosmic Rays and the Diamond Horseshoe. Characters do not typically stop and pose for pictures, but you can grab one if you're quick. Characters generally do not stop to sign autograph books during parties.

Shows
Cinderella's Holiday Wish 6:15 is known as the Castle lighting. This occurs every night before the party, MVMCP admission is not required.

Celebrate the Season 7:45, 10:05, 11:20 is performed on the Castle Stage. Cute story about holiday magic and cheer with VIP characters.

Totally Tomorrowland Christmas 7:45, 8:45, 9:55, 10:50, 11:45
is performed on the Rockettower Plaza Stage. A rock and roll take on the holiday spirit with Stitch, Buzz, and Mike.

Belle's Enchanted Christmas
has been discontinued.

Parade
Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade 8:15, 10:30 is performed twice during the party and in the past it traveled from Frontierland to Town Square.

Fireworks

Holiday Wishes, Celebrate the Spirit of the Season 9:30 is presented with perimeter fireworks once during each party.

PARTY PERKS
The following perks are unique to MVMCP:
Holiday Treats - Hot Cocoa and Cookies (as well as juice and apple slices).
Snow on Main Street U.S.A.

Thanks for starting this thread with the information. I look forward to the updates as they become available.

Are you serious? The Seven Dwarfs are possibly going to be meeting at MVMCP? OMG! That just made my entire month!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

Yay! Glad I made your month!!! That's the list I was given today and I think it's pretty accurate. I'm not expecting a lot of changes to it, like we saw with the MNSSHP list.

I'm in!! Can't wait for December!!!

Just wanted to post the character list so it could be in the same place (all about convenience and one-stop shopping ;)):

ADVENTURELAND
Veranda
Lilo
Stitch

Veranda Gazebo
Abu
Aladdin
Genie
Jasmine

Caribbean Plaza Stage
Captain Hook
Mr. Smee

FANTASYLAND
TBD
Eeyore
Piglet
Tigger
Winnie the Pooh

Roaming Fantasyland
Anastasia
Drizella
Lady Tremaine

Fairytale Garden
Rapunzel
Flynn

Skyway
Seven Dwarfs

FRONTIERLAND
Bridge Area
Donald Duck

Diamond Horseshoe *dance party*
Bullseye
Jessie
Woody

Roaming Frontierland
Big Al
Liverlips
Shaker
Wendell

LIBERTY SQUARE
Glade
Naveen
Tiana

MAIN STREET U.S.A.
Town Square
Santa

TOON TOWN
County Bounty
Princess Room

Aurora
Prince Philip
Belle
Beast

Cinderella
Prince Charming

Snow White
Snow Prince

Fairy Room
Tinker Bell (and fairy friends)

Judge's Tent
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse

TOMORROWLAND
Cosmic Rays *dance party*
Chip
Dale
Goofy
Pluto

It says the seven dwarfs might be there! But quick question is says in skyway? whats that?

I'm pretty sure it's referring to the stroller parking area near iasw. Used to be a loading dock for the skyway.

Thanks for starting this, Berlioz:thumbsup2 If you want to meet SW & 7, I suggest being in line early. This line (and the line for free face painting) was extremely looooong all night. DGrD and I started the line at last years MNSSHP at about 6PM and it grew quickly. I would rather spend an hour of non-party time waiting in line. Last year they added a Photopass Photog to the spot and our pictures are AWESOME!! Of course we dressed as SW and the Evil Queen - so let me make that "PRICELESS"!.:goodvibes

Thanks for starting this, Berlioz:thumbsup2 If you want to meet SW & 7, I suggest being in line early. This line (and the line for free face painting) was extremely looooong all night. DGrD and I started the line at last years MNSSHP at about 6PM and it grew quickly. I would rather spend an hour of non-party time waiting in line. Last year they added a Photopass Photog to the spot and our pictures are AWESOME!! Of course we dressed as SW and the Evil Queen - so let me make that "PRICELESS"!.:goodvibes

I don't think they do the free face painting for MVMCP, do they? We did it at MNSSHP last year, and now I think we'll have to do it every trip. :rotfl: Oops!! The kids' loved it! They both wanted to be blue cats.

We got in line for Snow and Co. around 6:30 during MNSSHP (they came out at 7:30), and we were tenth in line. Definitely agree that if they're at the Christmas party...get there early!!! :thumbsup2

We will be attending our first MVMCP on Nov. 16th. I don't how much we will be standing in line for the characters. We love everything about WDW but my DS is now 10. Usually only if it is a rare character sighting my DS will get in line to meet the character. Which is fun because we have made it like a treasure hunt game. I am interested in the 7 dwarfs & Belle/Beast but we do not need to stand in long line for characters & no one is disappointed.

I thought Uncle Scrooge was at MVMCP? I didn't see him on the list - I was really hoping to see him at the party!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Uncle Scrooge meets during the day during the holidays and may not be out at the party. Not sure though.

I'm in!! Can't wait for December!!!

Just wanted to post the character list so it could be in the same place (all about convenience and one-stop shopping ;)):

I didn't post it just because it changes so frequently (we're already on the fifth version for MNSSHP), so just make sure you update your list so people have the most current info - thanks!

I thought Uncle Scrooge was at MVMCP? I didn't see him on the list - I was really hoping to see him at the party!

You are correct, Scrooge appeared at past MVMCP. However, the list I was given said the word "CUT" next to his name and did not indicate a location (as the Tree Lot area is gone due to FLE).

Donald was moved to his regular day time greeting location, over in Frontierland. I'm not sure if he will be dressed as a lumberjack as he has been for past holiday seasons.

I didn't post it just because it changes so frequently (we're already on the fifth version for MNSSHP), so just make sure you update your list so people have the most current info - thanks!

You are correct, Scrooge appeared at past MVMCP. However, the list I was given said the word "CUT" next to his name and did not indicate a location (as the Tree Lot area is gone due to FLE).

Donald was moved to his regular day time greeting location, over in Frontierland. I'm not sure if he will be dressed as a lumberjack as he has been for past holiday seasons.

Everything posted has the chance to change. Updating is the most fun!! Always ready for the latest news.

Wow, the Seven Dwarfs at MVMCP!! Do you think that's really a definite?

They are a MUST meet for us... especially my daughter. We're actually surprising her with a late Sept/early Oct quick trip just so we can do MNSSHP for the first time - and see the dwarfs!

Now, granted, we're anxious to finally do MNSSHP, never have been that time of year, we're excited - but a huge perk of it was the dwarfs - part of me thinks maybe should skip it, save some money and just make our Thanksgiving trip longer and wait till then to see the dwarfs. Hmmmm...... and if skipped our MNSSHP trip, then would have the money to do a spring trip instead.

We're doing two MVMCPs this time, and now can't wait to see the dwarfs! Maybe will not tell my dwarf-loving daughter about it and totally surprise her with them - she wouldn't be expecting it as they've never been at MVMCP before!

We are planning on going to the Nov 12 MVMCP and I was wondering if they do special shows this early. I know there is the parade, but is there more?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if they will have the face painting and if so, where? Thanks!

I just ordered my tickets for Dec 12. Here's hoping the kids (DD9, DD7 and DDalmost4) can stay up to enjoy it. We're planning to sleep in the mornings before and after. But we'll be ready if they get cranky, and head back to the resort anyway.

in years past, after the last party date which is the 19th this year, don't they hold the party like atmosphere every night through Christmas? I'm not seeing that in the calendar for Dec, or is it just the parade they do each night?

Are all of the rides open during the party?

My wife and I will be making our first appearance at the party!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter