Offical Check-In List 10/30/04 "Magic"

We're back, and already going through withdrawal.:( :sad: :sad1:
We got home around 10:40am. Then spent the day trying to get unpacked and organized.

Rochelle: so sorry to hear about your BIL. That must have been horrible to get the news while on vacation. How is your husband doing? Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

We had a GREAT vacation! :jumping1: It was so much fun to experience Disney with Emily.princess:

It was wonderful to meet some new people and to see some friends from past cruises:grouphug:

And we had the best time with our table mates KEH and family. We miss them already!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:

Now we get to change the countdown and get ready for the next cruise!:cheer2:

Well, back to folding the laundry.

Have a great evening everyone.

Dena
::MinnieMo

WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :wave:

We had a great time!! The whole family thought this was our best vacation ever!!!

It was great to meet all of you. I wish I had more time to talk with everyone, but there was so much to see and do.

I have some great pictures, and will email or pm to the people we have.

I am still rocking back and forth.

I can really see why everyone books onboard. I would love to do this again, but our quote was over $6,000. I guess I have my homework cut out for me to find it a little less expensive.

I already miss someone coming in the room and making the bed, someone taking my order and bringing our food and the supersonic flush!!!

Hope everyone made it home safely!!

Gotta get back to the mountains of laundry!!!:hyper:

Michelle

Hello All:
I've learned so much from the disboards but this is my first post. We've just returned from the 10/30/04 Magic Cruise and had a wonderful time!!! When we returned to the cruise terminal on Saturday morning, one of our suitcases was missing from the designated luggage area. We looked all over but no luck. We've filed a report with DCL and hope to get it back but just in case anyone out there accidently picked up a black rolling garmet bag, please let me know. It's a very common piece of luggage so it could have easily been mistaken. We were staying on level 6 and it had the DCL Donald Duck blue tag.
Thanks so much!!!
NKS

Just want to tell everyone who shared this year's Halloween Magic experience what a pleasure it was to meet you. I enjoyed High Tea and Palo Brunch with Ginger and friends, and got a kick out of the kids in costume for the stateroom trick-or-treat. :hyper:

Special thanks to VikingFans (Chris & Laura) and their pals Marsha & Vance for being so wonderful and ENTERTAINING. I could not have asked for better tablemates! :teeth: (And Laura - PLEASE DO send me those pics with my chipmunk buddy from LTT - THANKS!)

Life has been so busy for me lately that I used this cruise as a bit of an escape to wind down. Instead of enjoying the nightlife of the clubs, I spent most evenings relaxing on my verandah, writing in my journal, and watching LOTS of movies in the onboard theaters plus a few on the stateroom TV. I watched the stage shows in the Walt Disney Theatre, spent some time on the islands, but mostly just enjoyed the ship and her crew.

It was lovely. I hope to meet many of you again at WDW or perhaps on another DCL cruise. :earsgirl:

HI Everyone,
We had a WONDERFUL cruise. I enjoyed meeting all of you on Halloween. A special hello to Ginger, Michelle, Dena, and Bob. and Linda I really enjoyed talking with all of you. This was our best cruise ever!!! I plan to post a report and link to lots of picture's.

Teri

Hi Teri:

I forgot to say Happy Biirthday to you when we were talking. I even tried to make a mental note to remember. Guess it didn't work!!!:smooth: Sorry!!!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,:bday: dear Teri,

Happy Birthday to You, and many more!!!

Hi everyone!
We had a great time too and it was so nice to meet you all in person! The Halloween trick or treating was so great; thanks again, Ginger, for all the work you and your DH did! It went so smoothly thanks to all your hard work and everyone had a ball! Bob, the paddles were a great idea and worked so well. Judi, thanks too for the taking the photos and creating the cds!
And Teri, thanks for the candle! That was so sweet of you!

I have to admit that I was teary eyed getting off the ship! I feel so blue now knowing that it's over! The mountain of laundry didn't help either! I'm already trying to figure out how to afford another cruise in the not too distant future!

Michelle, we never did get those batons out so that's a good excuse for going on another cruise together! Thanks for arranging the St. Thomas tour; we really enjoyed that!

I went to see my mom the day after we returned home and I kept telling her about all the nice DIS people we had met. It really was so nice to meet all of you in person!

Well, back to doing laundry! Take care, everyone!

Hello everyone. We are back home in England at last. We spent 2 days at the Boardwalk after the cruise and flew back on Monday. It is raining and cold here and the cruise almost seems like a dream already.

It was great to meet so many people from the boards and we had a fantastic time. We are already booked on the August repositioning cruise and while on board we booked for August 2006. So at least we have something to look forward to.

Ginger, I didn't get chance to say goodbye but we are all looking forward to seeing you again next August.

Dena, thanks so much for being our table mates. We are missing you all very much - get that 2006 cruise booked, my girl!

I must go as my body doesn't have a clue what day, year, time or country it is. Catch up soon.

Karen

Yep, we're home, fortunately without delay this year! It was nice going back to the Boardwalk for a few days, lessened the blow of leaving the ship a little (but I still felt like throwing things at every disney cruise line bus I saw).

I had a really great time and could just sit in a corner and cry about it being over but at least I know I'm going back, and next time it's for 14 days!

Dena - It was really nice sharing a table with you all and I really enjoyed spending time with Ashley. I'll email her later on today.

Well I suppose I ought to get on with some work that I should have done whilst on board (yeah like that was ever going to happen) and try and figure out a cure for post cruise depression (or in some cases, post Libor depression...)

Welcome back Karen and Emma! I emailed you yesterday and will try to email you some pics today or tomorrow.

I have to bring Emily to the Drs. for the second half of her flu shot.:( I hope she does well with it. She has been sleeping straight through the night (12 hours) for the past 2 nights:hyper: and I hope it continues!!!

I forgot to tell everyone that when we got home we found out my youngest sister is 4 pregnant.:cutie: She is due in the middle of July.

Have a great day everyone.

Dena::MinnieMo

We too had a great time. So much so that we changed our plans for 2006. We were supposed to go to Alaska, but my DS talked us into another Disney Cruise. My DH had a great time relaxing on the verandah and watching movies as well as going to them. We are going to enjoy a double scoop of Castaway Cay. Thanks for all the advice. Glad everyone made it home safe.

It was so wonderful to meet all of you! Chris and I had loads of fun doing the T or T ing! The kids were fabulous!! Thanks to Ginger for organizing it. It was very well put together and I appreciate all your hard work.

Shari, You are an awsome tablemate and I'm glad you sat with us! It was fun making you part of the family! I'll get those pics to you very soon.

2 days into the new job and all is well. I have a lot to learn, but I should do ok!

Take care everyone and I hope to see you not only on the dis, but in person again!

Laura & Chris

Well, we're back too. We spent three days at Boardwalk Villas, so we got home yesterday afternoon. As far as we are all concerned, it was a perfect trip. There were some (good) surprises, such as how well behaved the kids were at dinner. It was the highlight of our day, and none of us expected that. Maybe we need to get Boris and Horia to come stay with us!

T-or-T was a lot of fun for the kids. I was really impressed at what great treats some of you were giving out. It put us to shame, that's for sure. We chose quantity over quality, but a lot of you had both.

I didn't get to meet any of your (or maybe I did but didn't know it). I did recognize Lynda on deck one evening, at a table near the Goofy pool. But you were sleeping so peacefully I didn't have the heart to disturb you. :)

We took the Doubloon snorkel trip in St. Thomas, and that was really a lot of fun. Were any of you folks there, too? If so, pictures from the trip are at:

http://www.doubloon.com/november_1-7,_2004.htm

Our 10YO granddaughter is on the far right of row 8. Our 7YO grandaughter, and DD and her hubby are the last two pictures on row 9. And DW and I are the first picture on row 10.

This is us:
photo21501.jpg

Hey Jimbo, yes, that WAS me sleeping by the Goofy pool! My DD wanted to go swimming after we watched Disney Dreams and I didn't have the heart to say no. But I was sooo tired so I kept nodding off in the chair! That's what happens when you combine sea air and good food! Then when we got back to the cabin, my DS said he wanted to go to the 12:01 premiere of The Incredibles!!!! I had to say no to that request! We did go to see the movie the next day at 10:45 pm and boy, was I tired for the 6am immigration call the next day!

By the way, Jimbo, it was so nice to meet your grandkids on the TorTing! We had a great time going to all the staterooms. My DH was calling out the staterooms and had a hard time keeping up with the kids!

I've stopped rocking but I'm still pining for the ship! Oh well, back to reality and winter coats!

We also have been back for several days. I am still working on our trip report. Son Josh complained of a sore throat on Sunday so Debbie took him in on Monday and sure enough he had strep, did not make it back to school until thursday. It has been seven days now and my head is still swimming a little. While I normally am affected by the motion, and therefore wear a patch, I have never been this affected for so long after the cruise. I know many thought this was a rough cruise (motion) but Debbie and I both agreed that of the three Disney cruises we have been on this one had the least motion/best seas. It was great to meet so many of the you. Wish we could have had a chance to talk more with everyone. We had a wonderful trip to St. John with "Ginger" and her family and another family from, you guessed it, New Jersey. Ginger, thanks again for planning the TorT event, it was very fun. Also, please let your husband know that "good for him" has become my new catch phrase. It was very nice to meet Karen & Mark "KEH" (hope we did not talk your ears off at tea) and the Vasquez family "mdvasquez". Whenever we see Boo we will think of Emily, what a perfect costume. Last but for sure not least it was great to meet Teri & Rick "Tluvs2talk". What a fun couple. Both Debbie & I mentioned we wished you had joined the group for brunch, we would have liked to talk more with both of you. Back to working on the trip report.

Hi Bob & Debbie,
I would have loved to have joined all of you for brunch but the guy taking the reservation told me I could only sign up for one. I had already been to brunch Monday. Ginger told me later that since I would have been with a group I could have still come. I was soooo bummed!!!!Brunch is my favorite. Rick went with me Monday . even though he just sat and watched me eat. It would have been great to be with other people who ate normal food. (Haha). I have also been sick since I got home. sore throat, low grade fever, congestion, cough, (you know flu like symptoms). I am so glad I didn't get sick until I got home. Rick and I really enjoyed talking with the 2 of you.

Ginger- Where are you????

Teri

I'm still a little rocky, but it seems to be stopping.

A big thank you to Ginger and her DH for all the hard work. Whenever I talk about the cruise I get really sad. I understand why people take them all the time. It was so much fun. My DD Rachel turned to me on Thursday and said "Mommy, this is the best vacation we ever had." Just brought tears to me eyes. I was so happy to be able to give this to them. My Ds 15, loved meeting everyone and Ds 13 enjoyed everything. I really think he liked being on his own so much. I had to cut a few more apron strings, but I guess it was worth it.

I will miss talking to everyone. I feel like we have become friends and I already miss talking with you and hearing of your day. I guess this thread will die down soon.

I don't think we will be going on another DCL cruise in the near future. DS 15 is already looking at colleges and I know it will be here before I know it. Maybe the year he goes away. LOL

Hope to keep in touch with most of you.

Michelle

Jimbo,

http://www.doubloon.com/november_1-7,_2004.htm

We were also on your Doubloon trip, We must have been pretty close because the pictures are right next to each other. My DH and I are in row 8 right next to your 10yr old GD, In row 9 just before your 2 pictures (GD, and D+SIL) is one of my 11 year old, and 4 to the left of her is my 7 year old. We ended up buying a hat, t-shirt and a long-sleeve T.

All,
Thank you to Ginger and her DH for the great Trick or treat, the kids are still enjoying all their loot. Thank you Judi for taking the time to make the great photo CDs, I loved the label.
We got home Monday eve/Tuesday morn. really, after a 2 night stay at POR. Since then I have had a really bad head/chest cold, that is just starting to calm down. Haven't even come online until now. We had a great time, with the exception on youngest DD not doing well with late dinner. We booked the NJ week 2006 regular Western while onboard. Got Main seating, and upgraded to a Cat 9. Considered booking 2 cabins, would have only been about $800 more after the extra $200 credit, but decided we could make do with one again. The 9 should have a little extra storage, and hopefully I will learn not to pack so very much. My original plan was to pack a little over half and then have it cleaned onboard, well then I got shopping and it didn't work out that way. Have to just keep going until we get it right.
This was the first time seeing Golden Mickey's and I loved it. Would have loved to see it twice. We didn't get to do to much of the late night stuff, I did bring my DD-11 to the Pirates OC party, and they did a great job there, I liked the form, kind of like a show party. Played Bingo a couple of times, DD-7 loved it, all she wanted was to be a few numbers away when someone won, and she was happy. should have done an excursion on ST Maarten. Wasn't to fond of the hard sell, territory rules, etc there. I should have just had the girls hair braided before we left but we didn't have time, and I didn't want to take the time on the ship. I was kind of surprised at how bad CC looked from a distance. Very brown, and flat. When you were on the island, at least on the family beach it was beautiful. A truely Excellent day.
Enough for now. Hope all of you are having fun planning your next vacation, whatever, and whenever it may be.
Donna

Hi all It stinks to be home. I am sorry to hear many of you got sick after the cruise. I too have flu like symptoms. I guess sometimes no matter how much you wash your hands you are going to catch something. I actually think I caught something on the planeride home. The people behind me were coughing quite a bit. I have a sore throat, cough, heaache and chills. Thank God we were all healthy for the cruise.

Just want to Thank everyone for all the wonderful treats, thanks to Ginger for arrranging it all. Bob or the paddles, Judy for the CD and Lynda and her dh for being wonderful group leader. My daughter said "group 5 rocks".
Thanks again for making a great vacation even better. It was wonderful meeting those of you I met and I am sorry for those I missed.
Toni

Hey Toni, I just got our photos back today from the cruise and I was looking at the picture of the kids in our TorTing group and got all choked up! It was such a fun activity and I really enjoyed meeting all the kids in Group 5 (!) and doing the TorTing with them! And James seemed to have the best TorTing since he got to ride the whole way and still got all the treats! It was great meeting you too and we loved being the group leaders! I had to laugh at my DH as he was having a hard time keeping up with kids and couldn't call out those stateroom numbers fast enough!

Hope everyone's feeling better! Boy, I guess we were lucky not to get sick (touch wood). At least everyone was healthy for the cruise!

I so envy those of you who booked another cruise! Hope you have a wonderful time! I'm not sure when our next cruise is but the kids have told me they definitely want to return! I asked them if they wanted to try another cruise line with the rock climbing, ice rink, etc. but nope, they want DCL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter