Offical Check-In List 10/30/04 "Magic"

mytmouse

<font color=red>"Here I Come To Save The Day"<font
First DCL cruise, 7 day Eastern on Magic.
Sailors (sorta speak):
ME - Gerald ( old enough to be an antique):earsboy:
DW - Tari ( I am smarter than that ):earsgirl:
DD - Breana ( 11 at time of sailing ):earsgirl:
DS - Brenden ( 8th birthday on cruise):earsboy:
birthday.gif

Hi H5ty,
I finally found the right thread. I got your PM and it sounds good. My kids are out of town right now though; I'll have Heather write when she gets back. Hey, I see you are in Phoenix, we are practically neighbors! :)

Are there any others out there for the 10/30/04 sailing?

Brent
Bonnie
Heather (turning 11 on cruise)
Caitlin (will be 7 at time of cruise)
Ainslee (will be 3 at time of cruise)

Glad you found the tread. Yes, we are almost neighbors. Looks like we both live 1 mile from the sun. Looking forward to chatting with you and others that will be on this sailing. Let me know when the kids are back, so we can get them together (sorta speak). Here is the family:

DW-Tari
DH-Gerald
DD-Breana
DS-Brenden

Breana will be 11 by the time of the cruise, Brenden will actually have his 8 year birthday the day we disembark(go figure). We are planning a little birthday party for him aboard the ship on Friday night.

Gerald

h5ty ~ We haven't booked yet, but are 99% sure we'll be sailing on the Magic 10/30/04 - 11/6/04.

I have a Brendan who'll be almost 9 at the time of the cruise. B-day is 12/19/95.

Our crew will probably be: me, DH, DS, FIL, MIL, GMIL, BIL, SIL, nephew (almost 2 by cruise time). And maybe a few others.

This will be our first time on the Magic. We were on the Wonder in Nov. '01.

Any ideas what they will do for Halloween?

My mum and I are planning on talking my dad into letting us book for next Halloween when we're onboard this year.

If we manage it there will be
Karen (my mum who may just kill me if I post her age)
Mark (my dad)
Emma, 16 by then (me!)
James, 14
Oliver, 14

Fingers crossed we'll see you there!

Sandy,
From what I have read about Halloween cruises from other threads they do have activties. They have T or T'ing, costume contests for both children and adults I believe. Another idea is for those that are sailing on this cruise to have our own stateroom to stateroom T or T'ing amoungst our group. If we can get enough people to sign on to the idea, then we can work out the details through this board. I am thinking that if we get enough people signed on this tread, that we can have a DIS gathering if everybody is interested. I have read were other cruises have meet for DIS gatherings at various locations and times. Maybe this is also something we can all work out prior to sailing.

Gerad

Hi All!!!!!
We'll be there, me Ginger, DH Bill and DD Ashley who will be 7-3/4 on our sailing date. It will be our 4th Halloween cruise with DCL.

Gerald thank you for getting this thread started.

I am sure we will have plenty of folks signed on by the time we sail.
A Trick-or-Treat for our children is a must-do. In the past ours have been much better than DCLs, less crowed.

Emma I am sure you and your Mum can talk your Dad into number 3 Halloween Cruise. It just wouldn't be the same without you.

Start thinking about those costumes.

We'll be there!!! It me, my DH Darren, DD Julianna will be 6 1/2, and DS Brandon will be 3 1/2. We're looking forward to sailing!!! This will be out second DCL cruise!!

I think it's a great idea to have trick or treating with the DIS members. I can see how it could get a little crazy with ALL the kids on the ship.

It's funny how we have a Brenden, Brendan, and a Brandon!

I havent booked it or paid a depo yet, but more than likely we will be on this sailing as well. WE are going on the 2003 Halloween cruise, and that is my preferred time to cruise :-)

For some reason I thought that the kids went trick or treating to all the staterooms. Am I mistaken? Is it just DIS-ers who organize something like this?

For sure we have to have a DIS meet. It makes the cruise so much more fun!

Hey Bonnie,
Your kids back home now. If so would your daughter be interested in playing email tag with Breana?

Gerald

Hi Ginger,
Since you are quite the experienced cruiser on Halloween, perhaps your could enlighten us rookies as to the weather both in Florida and the Carribbean during this time. Don't want to pack more than we need to!!!! I am having a hard time determing what night to make a ressie for Palos. In your opinion is it best to pass on one of the regular menus nights, or pass on one of the themed night events (not counting formal/semi formal). Which menu, or which themed night. :confused:

Thanks,
Gerald

Oh well that does it then Ginger, I'll have to come! Especially if I've already joined a thread for it. You can't be getting to know me and then having me saying I'm not coming after all!

If you get a chance to check out the Disney Cruise Reports, I just got back from the Western and will be on the Halloween cruise - so might be able to anwer your questions.

Note to self- Figure out what you are going to do if Dueling Pianos and Fidelio are NOT on the Magic.

(Options include scream, cry, mutiny, and letter write)

Note to self -See POC AGAIN! Order tomato soup from room service - delicious!

Rae

Wow this thread is early, but I like that- maybe it will help me get my butt in gear and get my deposit in. We really want to go on this cruise! We talk the talk, but need to walk the walk. It will be me, DH, and twin DD's age 12 then. I think we'll get a quote from DU this weekend and get it going! Hope to see you all, and I will let you know for sure when we book so Breana and the twins can email. That would be fun!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Just thought I would inject a little humor.

A few statements overheard on our first cruise.

"Do these stairs go up or down?"

"How does the crew get on the ship everyday?"

"Does this elevator go UP?"

"What time is the midnight buffett?"

Gerald

To all experienced Halloween Cruisers,

Does DCL celebrate Halloween on more that one Cruise, we are planning on going Oct 23rd - Oct 30th

What type of activities are there? Do the kids dress up? If so how often?

This is our first time on DCL and I am having a hard time deciding what seating, what Cat etc.

There will be 3 of us, DD is 11

Cat 10 or Cat 7?? Is Cat 7 worth the extra money??

What deck?? we like quite and don't mind walking...

Thanks for any help you can give me...

Denise

Hi all, Just dropping in to see who else is going with us.

I'll try to answer so of the question.

Halloween will be celebrated on the Wonder also.
In the past it has only been celebrated on the actually day with parties and T-or-Ting.

Only the Dis Folks T-or-T staterooms and only those of the people who wish to participate.

My DH and I love Palo on Saturday night, never a crowd. We will have early seating on this cruise so I see no problem with getting ressie and still going to our normal dinner with our DD. No we don't have 2 dinners just appts at the first dinner if that.
Gerald if you haven't experienced the theme nights I won't miss them. A formal or Semi I would.

The weather is something that we can not predict. The temps. are usually mid 80's to upper 90's on the islands. It is still hurricane season so pack a light jacket. Don't forget your shorts and bathing suits the water is warm. But most of all don't forget your costume, I don't suggest furry ones though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter