Offical Check-In List 10/30/04 "Magic"

We are booked on the Oct 30th, 2004 cruise. Not sure about all the abreviations used in these forums, but my wife and I are scheduled to go along with "The Boys". Twin 5-year olds and a 9-year old. More than a year away and everyone is already excited about the trip.

Welcome to the Dis Board Rick, you may find it very addicting. If your not sure what abreviations are don't be shy ask there are no stupid questions here.

Will "The Boys" be 5 and 9 at the time of the cruise or is that their ages now? I have a DD (darling daughter or dear daughter) Ashley who will be 7 3/4 at the time of the. What are their name? And your DW (dear or darling wife)'s? Yes, I am writing a book, LOL ( laughing out loud) actually I am starting our Who's Cruising With Us List. Having the list will help if we decide to have our own Disboard T-or-T (trick-or-treat) on the ship.

Thanks for the reply Ginger. I was guessing the "D" stood for Disney. Darling or Dear is that much better. My wife's name is Julie. The 9 1/2-year old at time of cruise is Austin, 5 1/2 -year olds at time of cruise are Calvin and Mackay.

My kids are going to get the best Halloween ever as we plan on going to DisneyWorld the entire week before the cruise and hope to do Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween during that time. We'll look forward to trick or treating on the ship as well.

Thanks,

Thanks for the info. Rick. I'll say that they will have a great time. We've done WDW the past 2 years for Halloween along with the Magic Cruise, always being on the ship for the actually day.

Just a suggestion do MNSSHP in the mid of the week not as crowded as a Friday night. If you have dinner reseravation at one of the restaurants in the Magic Kingdom, we like Liberty Tree Tavern, you can get in to the park early. They do close the park at 6 p.m. to the public, it is a special ticketed event. You will need to show them your MNSSHP ticket and give a reservations number to get in.
We aren't going to the parks this year before our Halloween cruise but we'll be there in January for Ashley's 7th birthday. Not sure about next year we do love MNSSHP. It's getting harder to take Ashley out of school for more than 5 days at one time. She entered 1st grade this year, she's a big girl now...LOL.

Well Rick it's been a long day on the boards so I bid you good night.

Thanks for the MNSSHP info. So, if I understand you correctly, you can eat dinner in the park before the event starts, and then just stay in the park? With ticket of course.

Hey Ginger!!
Thanks for the info about dinner. Hard decisions to make regarding dinner. We really want to do formal night with the kids as we have never sailed with them. Soooo, I am thinking we might go to Palo's for Semi night (will have to dress anyway). Hello Rick & family and welcome. I have found this forum to be a wealth of information. If you do a search for "abbreviations" and select the Tech Support Board, it will bring up a listing of most of the abbreviations used here. I printed it off as I am a newbie here and it helped me to better understand "What the heck was being said".
Have you all seen the thread regarding a new "Disney Ship". It appears that DCL is going forward with the idea. The thread in entitled "New Ship".

Gerald

Hey All,
I am currently participating in a thread on cruisecritic.com. It's a comedy parady of a cruise ship. If you could use a good laugh check it out. Go to cruisecritic.com, click on Boards, go to Fun Stuff and click on Floataway Lounge, click on "THE LOST BOAT" - A Not-So-Reality Show for Cruise Enthusiasts. It's a work in progress, ENJOY!!!!

Gerald

Hey everyone, Ginger, Emma and Rae. I knew I would find you guys here!:p We are booked for Halloween 2004, that would be our 3rd time for Halloween. It is myself, DH, DS 17(at time of cruise) DS, 14 and DD 13 and baby?. It is also my favorite time to cruise, however, we also have booked the 10 day christmas cruise and dont think I can swing both, so we are not sure which one we will do yet.

Gerald: to help you with deciding on a night for palos visit www.castawayclub.com and print out the menus for each night. then sit with your DW and decide which night has the fewest choices of what you both like and do palos on that night. That is how we decide.:p

Dena

AW!!!! Dena you just have to come with us. I will be offering an excursion to the Island of Anguilla spend the day on the beautiful white beach of Shoal Bay East. The closest place on this earth to heaven. I'm going back to see my old buddy "HAIRY"

We can only hope that the menus will change before we make this cruise. It will be our 7th cruise with Disney our 4th Halloween Cruise.

Ginger - is this excursion to Anguilla just so we can travel together? Because DH and I were thinking of trying to go over to Anguilla for the day to Shoal Bay East, and it would be great to have someone else to travel with!!! If that's the case, count us in!!!

Yeap!!!! Jel0511 You've got the idea. No one is obligated to hang out with us. I'll get you to and from sharing the transportation cost. The last time we went 2 years ago the total cost of transportation for an adult was $53.. We got a cab to the ferry where we meet a man who had a cab on Anguilla. He took care of our transportation needs for the rest of the day. He took us on a short tour of the island on the way to the beach got us settled on the beach then arranged a pick up time with us. He was there early to help us gather our things loaded us back into his big cab van got us on the ferry back to St. Martin even went back with us got us a big Van cab back to the ship. The people on Anguilla couldn't be any nicer, just super easy going folks. I Can't wait to go back there.

Hi Dena, thanks for the info. Since I have some time I will wait to see if the menu changes between now and then.

Hi Ginger, is this a good beach for the kids. Breana (11) and Brenden (8) really love the beach. We have been to Orient Beach several times but without children. Love that area, however with the clothing optional beach down the stretch we are a little concerned as far the the kids go. I know that we are "in" port for quite a while, would there be enough time to do some shopping if one would decide to go with you all?

So much time before the cruise:o I am starting to worry that my notes will be turning into a novel!!!!!:rolleyes:

Just a quick HI. I am scheduled to go on the 2003 Halloween trip and have every intention of booking onboard for the 2004 one. (04 will be my 3rd Halloween cruise). So far it's just me; Carolyn (28 by then). My cruise this year was kinda messed up by other people backing out at the last minute so I think I'm signing on as a single.

A big thanks for Gerard for starting this thread. I loved chatting with the others for this year's trip. Glad to see many of them are going next year as well. It'll be like a reunion.

Wow! There are others booking more than a year in advance!

We will be cruising the Magic for Halloween 2004. Me, my wife, 12 year old DD, 10 year old DD, and 6 year old DS.

Can't wait, but 14 months is a long way away! :bounce:

Count us in for definites. Just about to book with Dreams. Will then wait and see what on board rate is like to see if we need to swap reservations for the best price.

1st Cruise for all of us - taking the whole family with me: DW - Tressa, DH - Nick, DS - Brandon (11 at cruise time), DS - Jacob (10 at cruise time), Sister - Kelli, BIL - Tony, Nephew Haden - (8), Niece Madison (3), Nephew - Wakeman (2), Father - Charles, Mother - Jeanie.

This is also my first post to the DIS. Love it! So many questions, so many answers!:confused:

Shoal Bay East is an excellent beach for kids. The last time we were there everyone was wearing clothes, it's not a clothing optional island.

Karen I booked our cruise back in Feb. of this year, sure hope we can get a better rate aboard too.

An extra hour!

Halloween 2004 Magic - we get an extra hour with day light savings time ending on Sunday 10/31/2004. Fall back one hour is our gain.

We're already excited! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter