Offers we can cancel online, no phoning

This one can't be canceled on-line...but it's VERY easy to cancel over the phone!!

For any of you that use Cash Duck, I signed up for the Men's Health Trainer 10 day Free Trial, got credited immediately, and then canceled. It's very simple to cancel. You can call them at 1-866-710-5054 and they just ask you for the User Name you signed up under, and they ask you to verify your name. It literally took me about a 1 minute phone call to cancel, and it got me $12 in credits!!

Actually, while you technically *can't" cancel online, I was able to e-mail them and request to be cancelled, as I could not reach them while there call center is open.

Actually, while you technically *can't" cancel online, I was able to e-mail them and request to be cancelled, as I could not reach them while there call center is open.

I wish I had known that before!! I signed up for it on Saturday so the Call Center wasn't open so I waited until today to call. Even though it was easy to cancel over the phone, it would have been nice to just send an e-mail!

I tried to go online today to cancel the OfficialAuctions.com/OfficialAuctioneers.com and it kept telling me that there was an error but they have been notified that I want to cancel. So I called and tried to cancel and they can't find my information :confused3 guess I just have to hope that they did get it...I use my PP Virtual Card, so they couldn't charge me again, but I am trying to be a good person and at least cancel it.

Introducing the PayPal Virtual Debit Card - Beta

Concerned about giving out your credit or debit card number online? Wish you could use PayPal in more places?

The answer is here: Download the new PayPal Virtual Debit Card. It generates a virtual card number every time you shop, everywhere you shop – so you never have to give out your credit or debit card number again!

You get all the convenience and security of PayPal, with a special advantage: Now, you can pay with PayPal anywhere MasterCard® is accepted online.

Check out all the benefits:
Fraud Site Alert: Warns you if you land on known or potentially fraudulent websites.
Privacy and 100% Protection: Financial information you provide is never shared with any merchant. And you get 100% protection against unauthorized payments sent from your account.

Faster checkout: The Form Fill feature automatically completes shipping and billing details.

Be careful about that with trial periods that last 7 days or 2 weeks.

I found this information on another board:

Numbers stay active for a month or so. Works with most major online retailers, highly recommended.

It may be best to get temp numbers from your credit card company for only a set amount.

/newbie who watches. :-)

Yeah I am starting to find some loop holes with their system...so now I have switched to the Simon Gift Cards.

ok, it won't let me link because my post count is too low, but google "How can I get some disposable credit card numbers to use online?" and it'll come up under ask metafilter or whatever.

so the paypal virtual cc # that they issue will remain 'useable' for a month?:scared:

I called about it and I cannot get a clear answer about it...they told me the other day that likely when we put charges on they put on "pending" things that might not show up and so then those can go through.

so the paypal virtual cc # that they issue will remain 'useable' for a month?:scared:

I'm afraid so.

also RE: Passports to Fun and similar places. I've done about 3-4 offers like these for points on another site, the points come in quickly. Be careful when you call the passports to fun automated system to cancel. You will click to cancel and it will offer you a yearly subscription instead. Don't press 1 to choose that, just wait about 5-15 seconds until the cancel option comes up again. It's easy, but sneaky.

Generally:
Call number, enter info: (mem #, cc # or phone #)
Press 1
Press 1
wait (this is where they try to get you to "cancel" a monthly membership, and join yearly)
press 2 to hear other options (it will say what they are, it will offer cancel)
cancel
confirm - enter zip#

Also, when I did the other ones (the ones with the + at the end and offered a $25 gift card), since I had already entered for the first one (passports) it gave me this msg:

Please verify the following information before we continue with your request.

* Please enter a valid credit card number.
* We're sorry. Your request cannot be processed.
Please contact Membership Services at the toll-free number or e-mail address listed on the Contact Us page. (5950)

(the credit card info was right, btw)

However, I was still credited. (this was on ipodsweepstakes, though, but I'm hoping it works here too.)

I couldn't tell if it "really" didn't go through, so I was paranoid and called anyway. Oh, looks like I have to cancel those too! eek!

Anyway, numbers I've accumulated for cancel:

Today's Escapes+ - 1-800-798-0664 (automated)
Passport to Fun+ - 1-888-999-0557 (automated)
SavingSmartSM - 1-800-316-8774 (easier online but you can confirm again by calling - automated- must have membership #) savingsmart dot com
At Home Rewards+ - 1-877-636-6858 (automated)
Valuemax - 1-888-205-2257 (automated)

hth! :woohoo:

I'm afraid so.

also RE: Passports to Fun and similar places. I've done about 3-4 offers like these for points on another site, the points come in quickly. Be careful when you call the passports to fun automated system to cancel. You will click to cancel and it will offer you a yearly subscription instead. Don't press 1 to choose that, just wait about 5-15 seconds until the cancel option comes up again. It's easy, but sneaky.

Generally:
Call number, enter info: (mem #, cc # or phone #)
Press 1
Press 1
wait (this is where they try to get you to "cancel" a monthly membership, and join yearly)
press 2 to hear other options (it will say what they are, it will offer cancel)
cancel
confirm - enter zip#

Also, when I did the other ones (the ones with the + at the end and offered a $25 gift card), since I had already entered for the first one (passports) it gave me this msg:

(the credit card info was right, btw)

However, I was still credited. (this was on ipodsweepstakes, though, but I'm hoping it works here too.)

I couldn't tell if it "really" didn't go through, so I was paranoid and called anyway. Oh, looks like I have to cancel those too! eek!

Anyway, numbers I've accumulated for cancel:

Today's Escapes+ - 1-800-798-0664 (automated)
Passport to Fun+ - 1-888-999-0557 (automated)
SavingSmartSM - 1-800-316-8774 (easier online but you can confirm again by calling - automated- must have membership #) savingsmart dot com
At Home Rewards+ - 1-877-636-6858 (automated)
Valuemax - 1-888-205-2257 (automated)

hth! :woohoo:

Yes, Even if you get that message on top check your credit cards.. mine still all went through.. It than takes about 2 days to get the email with your account number.

Yes, Even if you get that message on top check your credit cards.. mine still all went through.. It than takes about 2 days to get the email with your account number.

You mean the "didn't go through call us blahblahblah" msg or did they charge you even after you canceled?

Ugh, I hope it all got canceled right. I didn't get a confirmation number from any except savingsmartsm.

As far as the membership # goes, it will give you your membership # on the automated system when you call to cancel after you give them your phone number -except savingsmartsm, but that was on the confirm page. I don't think they charged me for that again because iirc they said I couldn't "re-join" for a trial again. Ugh. Who knows. I guess we'll see. (I love my privatephone :goodvibes )

I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure they canceled. Thanks for the info!

You mean the "didn't go through call us blahblahblah" msg or did they charge you even after you canceled?

Ugh, I hope it all got canceled right. I didn't get a confirmation number from any except savingsmartsm.

As far as the membership # goes, it will give you your membership # on the automated system when you call to cancel after you give them your phone number -except savingsmartsm, but that was on the confirm page. I don't think they charged me for that again because iirc they said I couldn't "re-join" for a trial again. Ugh. Who knows. I guess we'll see. (I love my privatephone :goodvibes )

I'm going to call again tomorrow to make sure they canceled. Thanks for the info!

no.. i ment even though i got that message i was still charge the $1.00 and signed up.

Becare*** canceling right away.. I always wait a few days into the trial membership before I cancel. SR has a message about them possibly reversing credit if you do that.

Okay back to the topic
Has anyone found any good offers to cancel online? Either through the account or through paypal?

Ok, sorry if this is a repeat. I tried to search..but anyway...

I cancelled sleep rite (essential living) by online chat. It took forever....but I just sat and read a book while I waited. I didn't get a confirmation # or a copy of the chat, but I am suppose to get an email. Hopefully, this will have gone correctly!

Ok, sorry if this is a repeat. I tried to search..but anyway...

I cancelled sleep rite (essential living) by online chat. It took forever....but I just sat and read a book while I waited. I didn't get a confirmation # or a copy of the chat, but I am suppose to get an email. Hopefully, this will have gone correctly!

how long did it take you to get credit from this from SR?

QR realtystore.com is another cancel online it's $1 to sign up (yes they only charged my prepaid $1) you get paid $7 just cancel online through my account. I also rec'd credit right away.

Same here......from the time I connected to a cust. serv. rep. I was able to unload the dishwasher, load the dishwasher, wipe off counters, empty and clean coffee pot out, microwave lunch, eat lunch, check and clean out email and surf the Dis. Unbelievable how long that took!

QR realtystore.com is another cancel online it's $1 to sign up (yes they only charged my prepaid $1) you get paid $7 just cancel online through my account. I also rec'd credit right away.

Hey thanks, i will have to try that one!!

Well I signed up for realtystore this morning. We'll see how this one goes for me. This is the firt CC offer in a long time that I have done. :) But I like the easy cancel ones

Bumping, any new ones. If you are new to this thread check out the first post as it has 16 offers. Some may be old but I added the realystore to it today. Looking for new ones to add.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter