Odd Point Sitiation

The Prophet

Mouseketeer
Hi -- We just returned from a 5 day stay that was booked using regular points.

Once our room was ready, we started to unpack and found a "room malfunction", which should have been apparent to housekeeping
We could not stay in the room and firmly requested the front desk to move us to a different room. The room was taken out-of-service and we moved to a different room

We checked out as scheduled yesterday and when I checked my dashboard this morning, the points that were supposed to be used for this stay are now in holding
The stay shows "completed" on our trips

My guess is a computer "glitch" or human error put these points into holding, when they are supposed to be used.

I will wait this out a few days to see if the situation will correct itself before contacting MS

Has this happened to anyone else?

The Prophet

Any chance they refunded the points? I have not had a similar situation and would be surprised if they refunded your points that they would “hamstring” them. But ya never know. Any clue from the detailed points use breakdown?

We got a dining credit for our inconvenience
If the points were refunded, I would suspect they would be back as regular points and not in holding

We got a dining credit for our inconvenience
If the points were refunded, I would suspect they would be back as regular points and not in holding
Yeah I agree. Just spitballing. Take a look at your “contract activity summary” on the dashboard.

This happened to us when they upgraded our room st Vero Beach. I was upset and checked with MS and was told the resort did it and they straightened it out for me.

What I was recently told is that what the resorts are supposed to do is cancel and make the move and email MS the information who will make the correction. Of course that's not what they did with us and they used brand new points leaving points in holding but MS did straighten it out. So if the resort followed that procedure then it might be fixed soon. If not then you'd have to call to inquire.

Yeah, resort personnel are not the best with the DVC point system. Wait a few days and see if it straightens out, and make sure they didn't use "new" points and put the cancelled points into holding. Member Services can straighten it out if you call them.

Yeah, resort personnel are not the best with the DVC point system. Wait a few days and see if it straightens out, and make sure they didn't use "new" points and put the cancelled points into holding. Member Services can straighten it out if you call them.

Unless they borrow from 2020, I do not have enough regular points to cover this trip in my account

^^^ Yep, weird as it sounds, it can happen. As I said, resort personnel just are not all that familiar with DVC points rules. They mean well, and fix room problems, you just need to double check when they mess with points.

^^^ Yep, weird as it sounds, it can happen. As I said, resort personnel just are not all that familiar with DVC points rules. They mean well, and fix room problems, you just need to double check when they mess with points.

My 2020 point total is correct. The points for this vacation are still in holding
It is like we cancelled less than 30 days out and the points are moved into holding, except we kept the reservation

Wait a few days and see if it straightens out, and make sure they didn't use "new" points and put the cancelled points into holding. Member Services can straighten it out if you call them.

Yep.

It’s just what they do in that sort of situation, prophet. It’ll get fixed on its own, or you’ll call and have them fix it. It’s truly not a big deal. You have nothing to worry about.

Wow ,
due to weather I showed up a day early and they took those days at the counter .
My kids where coming down in a few days and where booked in a theme park view but when i asked
they said they could be switched to standard -
I never checked until a few days ago -but o my o my there is so much
going on in my points balance thing including this
thing for 55 transferred points I have no clue what that is
but after reading this it reminds me to call and ask

In my opinion there is one of two things going on, they refunded the points to you because of the issue with the villa or they canceled the reservation and re-booked you in another villa. In the second scenario the points have not been removed, though should have been.

I had a situation where I had to be moved and I received a credit and the points back. The refund of the points was a surprise, so you never know. I would call Member Services in case they are points that you can use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter