• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Odd and Loved Pet Names ?

I haven't thought about Clarence in years! That was one goofy dog.

Duke was really mean. I remember taking him to a market once and he crapped all over the place. I got out of there really fast. Fezers Deb! :lmao:

Yeah - remember poor Clarence got distemper from the dog next door. That was sad. Remember how he also chased all of poor Grandpa Weiner's dairy cows into the creek - where they would get stuck and had to be pulled out with the tractor?? :lmao: :rotfl2:

IIRC - Dad tied Duke to some sort of pipe outside of Fezer's Market & he pulled it off the side of the building and dragged it all the way home - down Payne Ave & Wheatfield St!!! I also seem to remember Duke being locked in mom & dad's bedroom one evening when they went out - and no babysitter would come to the house if Duke was loose. I recall when the bedroom door was opened - it looked like a blizzard because Duke chewed the crap outta the down feather pillows!!!

My wife and I had a golden retetriver for 13 1/2 years. We had to put him down 10/12/06 because of bone cancer. He was the best dog in the world. He was our kid since we don't have any human kids. His name was Drag. We named him that because we were really big into drag racing in 1993 when he born. We now have a retired racing greyhound. His racing name is Dandy Dundee. We just call him Dundee. They are both in my sig. Drag is also in my avatar.

My pets as a kid:
Red- Mutt....Pete calls him St. Red, cause when my parents talk about him it was like he could do no wrong, but he bit a few people, chewed everything, etc.
Jolene, Sassy, and George- our poodles.
Freeway-another poodle my dad found on the NJ Turnpike
Morris- my orange cat, poor thing got run over by a car in front of my house

Our Former Pets:
Newton- Dobie
Missy- English Springer Spaniel -- the best dog ever!
Sable and Mittens- ferrets

Our current Pets:
Pooh Bear (named by DD) our crazy Airedale Terrier
Munson and Tebow our 1 year old Ragdoll cats
Molly and Babydoll- our Maine Coon cats
Tinkerbell- our calico kitten
that's it, no more pets!!!!!

The worse thing to happen is that they put a Petsmart near our house that has a cat adoption inside. My daughter wants to save them all and keeps talking me into adopting. She loves to go there and visit them. They said when she is 12 she can volunteer after school. I call her St. Francis.:cutie:

The worse thing to happen is that they put a Petsmart near our house that has a cat adoption inside. My daughter wants to save them all and keeps talking me into adopting. She loves to go there and visit them. They said when she is 12 she can volunteer after school. I call her St. Francis.:cutie:

I just KNEW there had to be another reason why I'm so partial to your DD. She's a cat lover!! One can never have: too much money, too many shoes & clothes, too many books, and too many cats!!! Give her a BIG :hug: from her ol' Aunt Debbie, will ya???

We currently have 4 cats...
Babycat's a male
Orange is our old female(she watches over us and sleeps with who ever may br sick, or injured or just in a crappy mood and needs a friend.
Arista is a female who is the momma to Babycat, but she hates him
and our newest is Grey....4month old grey kitten.

My favorite cat, and the ONLY cat we've ever gotten on purpose was a Russian Blue Persian with one eye (she had 2 when we got her). Her name was Sweet Madam Blue(song from Styx) and was the mother of Arista....she was the perfect cat.....wanted NOTHING to do with anyone, needed no one, liked nobody. But occassionally, she would come to me and sit by me...as if she knew we shared the same attitude sometimes.
She was just recently hit by a car that was coming down the street as she was crossing....the car was on her blindside. Stupid cat.

Our one cat Babydoll was actually my moms, but she didn't get along with my mom's cat. So Pete suggested we take her. (Remember, he hates cats, just as much as Disney). Well the two of them bonded immediately. We've had her for months,and she still hides from the others and spits at them. I said the reason why Pete and Babydoll both get along is they both hate cats! She always comes up to Pete and sleeps on his nightstand. I call her his girlfriend.

You didn't see the show where the lady had 138 cats or so did you. That was too many.

I'd have to agree on that. The most cats we had at one time were 4. We always said the reason we had 4 is because we didn't want 5!:rotfl:

Our first 5 cats were Heinz 57. Our current fur-babies are Blue Burmese. I know I've bored you with their picture before....but I think they are beautiful!!

Cassie (L) Nicky (R)
NickCassieMotorhome.jpg

The Ragdolls

021-1.jpg

Pooh Bear

007.jpg

Molly

020-1.jpg

Babydoll

babydoll.jpg

The new kitten Tink with Munson

003.jpg

I just KNEW there had to be another reason why I'm so partial to your DD. She's a cat lover!! One can never have: too much money, too many shoes & clothes, too many books, and too many cats!!! Give her a BIG :hug: from her ol' Aunt Debbie, will ya???

I will Deb!

I'd have to agree on that. The most cats we had at one time were 4. We always said the reason we had 4 is because we didn't want 5!:rotfl:

Our first 5 cats were Heinz 57. Our current fur-babies are Blue Burmese. I know I've bored you with their picture before....but I think they are beautiful!!

Cassie (L) Nicky (R)
NickCassieMotorhome.jpg

Deb, they are gorgeous!! I'll have to show Megan.

I kid around with Megan that's she is going to be the crazy old lady with 199 cats in her house. And today lil Pete told me he wanted a Pig. He is obsessed with Pigs.

g8trmom1,
Is your cat, Munson named after Thurman Munson, the Yankees catcher?

Deb, they are gorgeous!! I'll have to show Megan.

I kid around with Megan that's she is going to be the crazy old lady with 199 cats in her house. And today lil Pete told me he wanted a Pig. He is obsessed with Pigs.

Thanks! I'm just a little biased about my babies!!

Too bad there's not a pig farm near you. If he were able to see a bunch of pigs in a sty... that would squelch his desire! They are not the cute little guys you see racing at the Strawberry Festival. Pigs can be very mean and very dangerous, too. I'm referring to domestic pigs. I don't know anything about the Pot-Bellied pigs.

I'm in love with all yer critters!!! Pooh Bear looks like a feisty lil' dude!!
BTW - your floor tile looks exactly like the tile we had in our home in Bradenton!! Good taste!!

021-1.jpg

Kan I Haz Ma Belly Scritched Now???

You're REEFER and my BLACK MOLLY were counter parts!!

Man, those were the dayz. At least what I can remember bout them.

When I was bout 20, one day this medium size short haired brown and white dog with kinda black hair around one eye wandered up to my door and decided that he was home, so I let him stay. I called him Bandit because he was blind in the one eye,,,and he was a thief. Any time neighbors had items turn up missing from their yard or garage they would just sort thru all the stuff in my yard and take back what was theirs.
I was sitt'n on the front porch and runn'n toward the house was Bandit carring what was a 6-pack Miller cans,,there were 4 cans still in the plastic ring.:cool1:

One day, just like he walked up and stayed,,he walked away and I never saw him again.

We currently have 4 cats...
Babycat's a male
Orange is our old female(she watches over us and sleeps with who ever may br sick, or injured or just in a crappy mood and needs a friend.
Arista is a female who is the momma to Babycat, but she hates him
and our newest is Grey....4month old grey kitten.

My favorite cat, and the ONLY cat we've ever gotten on purpose was a Russian Blue Persian with one eye (she had 2 when we got her). Her name was Sweet Madam Blue(song from Styx) and was the mother of Arista....she was the perfect cat.....wanted NOTHING to do with anyone, needed no one, liked nobody. But occassionally, she would come to me and sit by me...as if she knew we shared the same attitude sometimes.
She was just recently hit by a car that was coming down the street as she was crossing....the car was on her blindside. Stupid cat.

Rog, Do you still have your beautiful dog?

I have 3 dogs...Louie "heterosexually challenged Chihuahua", Sally "balding Scottish Terrier", and the puppy Remus "Cat Slaying Siberian Husky":sad2:

Those of you who have cats will love these...the 3rd one is brand new...

Simon's cat "CatManDo"

Simon 's cat "Let Me In"

Simon's cat "TV Dinner"

These are great. They are so true. I remember getting the first one in an email one time and I thought I would die laughing.
Thanks for posting.

Our pets are:
Sparky- part Maine Coon Cat. He is a little over 15 now. Reminds me of the cat in those links. He is so meowy. The older he gets the more vocal he is.
Savannah- yellow lab. She will be 8 in October
Butch- Terrier Mix. He is 9.
We lost our kitty Tiger this past March. He was almost 13.
They are our kids.

Growing up we had loads of animals. Mostly kitties. I have never been without one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter