October. Y'all are freaking me out.

Neither is worse. You are in Disney World. Lol
I’m in the camp of: I don’t care what day I’m there. Don’t care if it’s a 10 or a 1 for crowds. Don’t care if it’s 30 degrees or 120 degrees. Don’t care if I’m at All-Stars or Poly. Don’t care if I ride the best rides or I end up rope dropping Swiss Family Tree House. I’m in Disney world. And I am so very thankful that I am able to be in my happy place.
(That wasn’t intended to be an argumentative point. So apologies if it came out that way! )

We have similar positive attitudes! I think that truly makes all the difference in having a poor trip or an excellent trip.

Last week of October is far worse than Thanksgiving week, which doesn't get crowded until Black Friday.

When you talk about last week of october: Do you mean the week from 24. to 30. or the week after from 31.? We will be arriving on the 30th for 6 days.

Yikes, now I'm rethinking when we should go. How is mid-November? Like, the calendar week before Thanksgiving? (We're flexible, aren't interested in Halloween stuff, and just want the lowest crowds possible.)

Yikes, now I'm rethinking when we should go. How is mid-November? Like, the calendar week before Thanksgiving? (We're flexible, aren't interested in Halloween stuff, and just want the lowest crowds possible.)
If you want lower crowds I recommend the week after Halloween and before Veterans Day or January after schools go back in session.

Then go in January. I'd rather deal with some crowds and enjoy the holiday festivities.

I think this largely the reason I think that website is mostly bull. They claim that their days is based on historical patterns. What historical data changed that has changed their predictions? Perhaps they have some insider info? Maybe they look at hotel booking availability? Maybe they read this thread?
I expect the parks to be a lot more crowded than last year maybe even more than 2019. This year is the first time they've had all the holiday hoopla since 2019. We went the second week of December last year and experienced pretty low to moderate crowds. I haven't decided between October and December yet, but I'm expecting higher crowds even if I do choose December.

I expect the parks to be a lot more crowded than last year maybe even more than 2019. This year is the first time they've had all the holiday hoopla since 2019. We went the second week of December last year and experienced pretty low to moderate crowds. I haven't decided between October and December yet, but I'm expecting higher crowds even if I do choose December.
They had all the holiday stuff last year.

They had all the holiday stuff last year.
No, they didn't. They had some, but not all, and there were no special ticketed parties, and there was no Fantasmic. Disney's even advertising that everything is returning in 2022.

No, they didn't. They had some, but not all, and there were no special ticketed parties, and there was no Fantasmic. Disney's even advertising that everything is returning in 2022.
Fantasmic isn't a holiday offering. There also isn't a Christmas party here. And they DID do Oogie Boohgie Bash last year.

Nothing is different this year compared to last year. All the same things will be offered.

Fantasmic isn't a holiday offering. There also isn't a Christmas party here. And they DID do Oogie Boohgie Bash last year.

Nothing is different this year compared to last year. All the same things will be offered.
Hmm...ok? I'm aware Fantasmic is not a holiday thing, but it's been gone for a couple of years.

Well, obviously. The parks only reopened in April 2021.
So what's your argument. You've been telling everyone how miserable October is... just one more thing to make it more miserable.

So what's your argument. You've been telling everyone how miserable October is... just one more thing to make it more miserable.
My argument is that YOU claimed this year would be busier than last year because they were bringing back all the holiday offerings, but the holiday offerings were already back last year.

It will be busier because they stopped capping attendance, basically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter