October trip reports 😊

After hoofing it back to MK via a boat from Poly (took FOREVER to come) we boated back to the Fort, crashed hard for a nap, then packed up the EZ Up and stuff into the truck for an early departure the next day. We went to the campfire singalong not knowing that Chip & Dale and the show were only Wed-Sun and today was Tues (although the campfire was still lit and cartoons played until the movie time started).

We did have a well lit cloud high up in the sky while it was getting dark down on the ground.

I wanted to finish this Halloween trip in the October Trip Report thread. We'll be back in about 10 days for a Thanksgiving visit with the grown kids (this was a quick, light trip) and I'll post in the November Trip Report thread.

Good to be home.

Will sleep like a stump tonight. 💤 Thanks for reading along.

Bama Ed

PS - having the usual back-home-from-camping dinner of Domino's pizza and a Cabernet Sauvignon.

Last edited:
One thing I had notice on the walk from the MK dock to the Contemp for lunch was the number of people with these lumpy Mr Toad things around their neck or in bags. As we left Steakhouse 71 I asked someone with the lumpy object what it was.

Apparently it's the "must have de jour" a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Popcorn Bucket - limited edition 4 days only - limit two per customer around $30 each. Honestly, it didn't look like it would hold much popcorn but the back of the car popped open and the wheels did actually roll. Look for them on Ebay. They do have a neck strap. If they made a Country Bears version popcorn bucket I would "REEEEE" and buy it.

Sure enough. Here it is on eBay.

1667480572353.png

Ah! Capitalism.

Bama Ed

The walking path to the Poly is a circuitous route along the GF shoreline.

However, it does have beautiful views in places.

More curves. We're headed past the GF DVC villas towards the Wedding Pavilion area.

This is the Wedding Pavilion center, bathrooms, etc. The chapel itself is the steepled building by the water in the previous pic.

At this point the walking trail to the Poly is like a puzzle. Construction for the Poly DVC tower has torn up the established walking path but a temporary path is available if you follow the brown signs.

Yep the Spirit of Aloha building is gone and the land movers are "sculpting" the new beach shoreline and land.

Just follow the signs.

We make it to the Poly in the next post.

Bama Ed
I love making the walk from the CR to GF to Poly.
Was crossing that main roadway feel like you were playing Frogger?

I love making the walk from the CR to GF to Poly.
Was crossing that main roadway feel like you were playing Frogger?

Ha! It was busy for sure. But we were just patient and waited it out for a gap.

I took pictures of EVERY brown sign (DW thought I was crazy) but to me it was like building a puzzle by stringing all the signs together to make a path.

I wanted to push on from the Poly to the TTC (not far away) and take the ferry to MK but once DW had her Dole Whip in the shade, she was done. But I agree with you, it was a very pleasant walk. Makes we wish we still had the boat from the Fort to the Contemp so we could ride there, then do a jog/walk around to TTC then dash across World Drive to the Wilderness Lodge entrance and then back on foot along the Walking Trail back to the Fort.

But the way we did it on Tuesday was still fun.

Bama Ed

Ha! It was busy for sure. But we were just patient and waited it out for a gap.

I took pictures of EVERY brown sign (DW thought I was crazy) but to me it was like building a puzzle by stringing all the signs together to make a path.

I wanted to push on from the Poly to the TTC (not far away) and take the ferry to MK but once DW had her Dole Whip in the shade, she was done. But I agree with you, it was a very pleasant walk. Makes we wish we still had the boat from the Fort to the Contemp so we could ride there, then do a jog/walk around to TTC then dash across World Drive to the Wilderness Lodge entrance and then back on foot along the Walking Trail back to the Fort.

But the way we did it on Tuesday was still fun.

Bama Ed
Hey Ed, Guess we missed you. I had to cancel my Long Halloween trip this year due to my new job with Airbus. But as Steve mentioned I did sneak in for a quick tent camping weekend before Halloween. I snagged a spot in the 300 loop so we loaded up my new golf cart and the tent and drove down. We will be back for a full week next year and hope to see more people then.

How can you start a Disney Fort Wilderness vacation any better? I had no idea about the sign until after the picture. Teresa and I are blessed.View attachment 713970
That is an awesome way to announce it. Congratulations to everyone. Grandbabies are the best. Glad we got to see you for a little while and happy we found that leak quickly. Hope to see you again soon but if not defiantely next Halloween.

Hey Ed, Guess we missed you. I had to cancel my Long Halloween trip this year due to my new job with Airbus. But as Steve mentioned I did sneak in for a quick tent camping weekend before Halloween. I snagged a spot in the 300 loop so we loaded up my new golf cart and the tent and drove down. We will be back for a full week next year and hope to see more people then.

Joe,

Steve/@JETS70 had said that you were at the Fort early in the H week but had to go home because of the limited vacation days on your new job/employer.

I HATE that I missed being there with you but have comfort that you were in the same 300 loop I was (about 75% of the way around the loop). Not that I like the 300 loop at all. :sad2:

I'm glad you're working up your career path but sad that I missed you this year (I know H is your THING). I bet Airbus is a better long-term job for you so I understand it may not offer lots of vacation early in your timeline.

Joe, I'm happy to hear from you and hope that you continue to be blessed with success. I'll be back at Gulf SP in April 2023 and hope I can find a time to cook dinner for you. I hope you are in good health as well.

So take care and do what you need to do. This year was a one-off for us so don't look for us any time during the H season in the years to come. You are one of my core DIS buds so it was great to hear from you.

Ed

PS - I kept yammering to my DW this past week about how 5 years ago when I came with my Dad to Halloween at the Fort that @Flametamr and his DD rode in the back of my golf cart in the Parade. I felt special being your chauffeur. I'm ready if you ever need me again. :drive:

Last edited:
Bama Ed, Thank for such a great trip (like always)! Our last trip was H 2019. We rode in the GC parade & had a blast. We were the 2nd GC with the Dragon on top. We also handed out approx 1000 piece of candy. I was shocked how polite the kids were. I am not a halloween person but Grumpy Aggie loved Halloween. Can't wait for your Christmas trip!

Holy moly time flies! Can’t believe I got my magnet so long ago 😳

Honestly, @4077, I kept looking over my shoulder all the days we were at the Fort last month expecting you to step out from behind a tree (again) and just "show up for Halloween" as you did back then.

Good times they were! :drive: Ed

Honestly, @4077, I kept looking over my shoulder all the days we were at the Fort last month expecting you to step out from behind a tree (again) and just "show up for Halloween" as you did back then.

Good times they were! :drive: Ed

If only it could have been…

I won’t give up hope of making it to some meet somewhere again someday…..(I REALLY want to make it to GSP, meet or not, someday thanks to all the visits - both yours and others - that I have watched on here). Best wishes for your current/upcoming trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter