October trip reports 😊

This lady was touching up her chalk art in 100 loop.

Fiber cable splicing hand hole being installed along Fort Wilderness Trail (several of them) most likely to support the video/wifi backhaul/distribution.

No seasonal decorations outside the Meadow TP.

Glad to see inside the TP that the Fort is considered a 50th anniversary partner along with the Poly and Contemp (the Fort opened a month after MK did - of course the Poly and Contemp were ready opening day).

TP price check.

We went back to our camper in the overflow lot (had gotten the only open spot this morning) waiting for our site text.

About 1115am our text came. #344 was ours. 300 loop is not my fave in Preferred but given the circumstances I took it.

Turkeys are out and about between 300 loop and 100 loop.

Relaxing after lunch now before the golf cart parade at 5pm. Will share something interesting about the WIFI in the next post.

Bama Ed

We often get questions, don't we, about the WIFI at the Fort. I checked my dusty memory and confirmed what was rattling around in my head.

There are in fact TWO 2️⃣ networks at the Fort. "Disney-Guest" and "Guest WIFI-Disney".

"Guest WIFI-Disney" is in the camper loops. It is the slower one we are all familiar with. Here are its Speedtest.net results.

"Disney-Guest" is in the public spaces of the Fort. Trails End and porch, Meadow Trading Post, and probably the Outpost Lobby as well. It has MUCH higher speeds.

The screen grab above showing both network names was taken in the grass between the Meadow TP and 600 loop where both networks were visible. But if all the way in one location or the other, only one network showed up.

So now you know where to go if you don't want to go too far for a fast connection.

Bama Ed

PS - golf cart parade, some dinner, then go looping via bus/foot at decorations.

Did y’all know the Fort’s general manager has his own spiffy golf cart? I’m waiting for the parade and he rolled past me. Much nicer cart than the regular ones either the guest rentals or the staff carts. I know it was him because it said so in big letters on the side of the cart.

I'll pick up my side of the parade with the pre-activity.

Chip & Dale came out to entertain and view the parade down at the 3way stop across the road from us so that was an added bonus.

There were lots of Cast Members working that intersection since internal buses were still going up/down Big Pine Road (next to the Dog Park) and had to get through the intersection to the Settlement Bus Depot and back.

The Stars & Stripes on a horse started the parade trailed by his loyal followers.

I'll get the YouTube of the parade when it's ready in a few days and post it here. We also saw, waved at, and laughed at the trailer guy who got into the middle of the parade.

After some supper, I took off close to sunset to walk some loops and take some pix. There are a couple things I look for (or rather, don't look for). I'm going to say what I'm about to say so I'll just say it.

I don't care about "inflatables". :sad2:

Now that's just me. :scared:

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. :duck:Of course, it's worth what you paid for it.

Now that THAT is out of the way, I look for creativity and fresh ideas. I started with the full loops 1600-1900.

Let's roll to the next post.

Bama Ed

While still in 1700, I will add that skeletons are quite common (EVERY body has one) so they get a click if they are doing something unique or are a minor portion of the display.

Not much happening IMO in 1900.

They were making and handing out REAL cotton candy in the last pic above. :thumbsup2

Some good displays in 1600.

Let's roll on.

Bama Ed

I even managed a selfie with Blockbuster.

My best-of-the-night was the multi-site display of Haunted Mansion with several of the HM rooms/scenes recreated in pretty good detail.

I went to my favorite loop in the Fort which had an honorable mention.

And an example of skeletons doing something unique: the limbo.

The last bit of the sun was setting over the tennis courts and Meadow Pool.

Next on foot was 1400.

Let's roll on.

Bama Ed

There was an electrical outage on part of the loop.

Not as much good stuff as I remember it having.

Let's keep going.

On to my favorite Preferred loops.

Let's move on.

Bama Ed

Also in 100, a Jack Skelington site.

The food truck circle down by the Settlement Trading Post was hoppin'.

The Beach Bash with DJ was going strong.

Next the pumpkins being judged. They had run out of paper ballots for people to vote with. :rolleyes:

Let's look at the carts being voted on then head for the home loop and check that out.

Bama Ed

A brief explanation for @4077.

In August I pieced together this quick trip for DW and me in 3 1-night reservations (10/30, 10/31, 11/1 nights). Would like to have come in a day earlier but could never get it despite many tries. So that night was at Lake Louisa State Park. No theme park days, only one ADR on 11/1. Fast and light, this trip is, because we'll be back in 2.5 weeks for Thanksgiving with our adult kids. So my decorations were very basic.

My Mickey globe with an orange bulb and a mask.

My Christmas string of Mickey globe lights with a close-up.

and a Mickey pumpkin.

Thus I was true to my word: no inflatables for me, either. Time to turn in.

Bama Ed

A brief mid-day update now because tonight will be busy with Trick or Treating.

We got to sleep in today and went off on a monorail ride to Epcot. Boat to MK, monorail to Epcot, return in reverse. Luckily we had nearly zero wait time on every transportation leg.

Our boat rolled in as we approached the dock on this lovely day.

The Fort shoreline looked very nice.

Lovely sights along the way.

Magic Kingdom looking good.

We eased up the monorail station ramp and waited in the shade.

The Express monorail line was not running at the moment so we were on the Resort line which meant a stop at the Contemporary.

More in the next post.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
At the Transportation & Ticket Center, you go down, around, and up to change to the Epcot monorail line.

The car was crowded and I was not on the correct side to get many good pix. But GoG is a BIG building.

I guess they leave the Epcot night show barges in the lake all day long? :confused3

Stepped out at the Epcot station to snap a pic of Spaceship Earth and our green monorail.

Sights along the way to TTC.

You know the routine next. Down, around, up.

Next post.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter