October 25, 2008 Halloween on the High Seas (2)

Well since I do not know how to multi quote, for those of you that have asked...yes the military rates are great even with transfers I am paying less for the 04/25 cruise than I did for this one actually even less than the cruise I booked onboard for Oct 23, 2010 with the 10% discount. We only booked for Mike and I (no kids this time) but still a little leery about going, without all of you there!

Alright now to Palo!

My appetizer:This was so good!
Cruise217.jpg

Mike's appetizer: Something with Mushrooms
Cruise219.jpg

Shared Appetizer: Calamari
Cruise218.jpg

Mike's Dinner: Filet w/gorgonzola
Cruise224.jpg

My Dinner: Grouper
Cruise222.jpg

Shared Lobster ravoli
Cruise223.jpg

Dessert: we each had a souffle and also a panna cotta (which I actually liked better with the berries Yum!)
Cruise226.jpg

Here is Mike enjoying his dinner:
Cruise220.jpg

And Me...

Cruise221.jpg

And look who else we ran into....
Cruise225.jpg

Sorry, won't be on chat tonight. Sick with a cold and sinus infection. No wonder I feel lousy. Fever and chills so going to bed right now. 7:00 pm.....party animal here.....

sorry you are so :sick: :sick: :sick: Suzie - sending you lots of :hug: :hug: and hope you are feeling much better soon!

Looking at the pictures!!! Where do I start...we had one of those little yellow birds fly into our room--too busy helping it out to take a picture. We thought that it was a fluke and worried about the little guy, until we chatted with others and realized the Magic was apparently acting as a convenient rest stop for the migrating flock.
Looking at the tot photos-love the different angles--dodging kiddos running full speed out you, while snapping pics, can not be for the faint of heart. The pictures also reminded me of how giving people are in general. Under the leadership of Suzie (Disney should hire you!-free lifetime cruises for your creativity and hardwork sounds fair to me), people from literally all over the world proved that hardwork, combined with teamwork, mixed with the ability to improvise (line up here, no there, no, in front of that porthole) worked to make something special for the children. Anyway these pictures not only reminded me of the fun, but also of the giving spirit of everyone. This is the Halloween my kids remember. I am not knocking Disney--just commending everyone on this forum who were generous enough to let my family join and participate--at the last minute no less! :cheer2:

Photo of the Day

Photos of Dis friends we seen

USAOct081123.jpg

Sorry not a great photos

I STILL have to upload pics ... we have a lot of food ones -- but none of Jenn and Nelson (although I have a funny one of Adam reading my Cosmo magazine on Serenity Bay).

So good to see Sandy and Tony and Chipmunk (Shirley) and Doug at the Smokiest Place on Earth last weekend. (We did the B11 dance, too).

Please e-mail/PM if anyone has plans to get to Disneyland (us West Coasters need love, too).

My job at the Mouse is going great. The people are wonderful and I'm learning a lot.... to see some of what I do, you can check this out. And they've put me in charge of the Family Cruise Planning guide -- so I might be asking for planning tips. :cutie:

This is off topic but I'm sooo excited I had to post the news. Carrie's cheer team won first place in mini's level 1 and took Grand Champion in all level 1. The gym brought home 3 first, 2 Grand Champion and Overall Spirit Award. Momma is so proud.

(really, does everything need cheese??)

YES! :lmao:

Jenn, you are a bad influence

Awww.... So sweet.... :cutie: How did you know that was my favorite thing to be? :laughing:

sorry you are so :sick: :sick: :sick: Suzie - sending you lots of :hug: :hug: and hope you are feeling much better soon!

Yes Suzie! Hope you are feeling much much better! :goodvibes

This is off topic but I'm sooo excited I had to post the news. Carrie's cheer team won first place in mini's level 1 and took Grand Champion in all level 1. The gym brought home 3 first, 2 Grand Champion and Overall Spirit Award. Momma is so proud.

:cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2:
:cheer2: Congratulations!:cheer2:
:cheer2: :cheer2:
:cheer2:

Well since I do not know how to multi quote

Tara... you see those three "buttons" at the bottom right hand corner of every post? Click on the middle one (I think it is a quotation mark and a plus sign)... Click on as many of those as you want to quote in one post then click "Post Reply" just like you are going to post, well... a reply. :laughing: Once you get to the box where you type in what you want to type you will see all the quotes there.... (you can edit them too ~ like if it is too long, etc) Simply place your cursor in between the quotes and respond away! HTH!

Oh! I got a chuckle out of the "everyone post their pics of Jenn and Nelson ~ very cute - THANKS!

I do have a boarding pic but do not have my pics here at work to scan... :sad2:

Soo.... How was everyones weekend? Getting ready for thanksgiving?pirate:

sc001b28bd.jpg

(aunt) Lynne, Julie, Karen, Linda, Ann

sc001b1614.jpg
Love the matching T Shirts
most scan in our photos

We got our postcard from Castaway Cay today
posted it on the second CC day
just over 3 weeks not bad

Doing this early so I don't forget but

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

And unfortunately, I am STILL sick. I think it's the end of my wicked bad sinus infection with a cold and allergies. Or at least I hope. Don't want my taste buds being affected with all the turkey and pies and stuff to enjoy! Not as good if you can't taste it....:sad2:

Maybe one of these days I'll get my pictures scanned and post them.....maybe that can be my New Year's resolution.....

Great pics Lynn! Love the matching t-shirts.

Hope you're feeling better Suzie!

And I'm in chat if anyone is around??

Valerie

Happy Anniversary fellow HOTHSer's!!! :cool1: One month ago tonight we were on board :cheer2:

Hard to believe it's already been a month!

Valerie

Happy Anniversary fellow HOTHSer's!!! :cool1: One month ago tonight we were on board :cheer2:

Hard to believe it's already been a month!

Valerie
Ds was on about that today too

seems we have been back for ages

Oh no - that means I have been home 3 weeks and still have costumes and summer clothing lying about in the dining room - plus so much cruise memorabilia sitting on one end of my dining table. Sometimes I feel as though I have never been on the holiday and it was just a dream! It certainly is a depressing anticlimax when you are home.

Oh no - that means I have been home 3 weeks and still have costumes and summer clothing lying about in the dining room - plus so much cruise memorabilia sitting on one end of my dining table. Sometimes I feel as though I have never been on the holiday and it was just a dream! It certainly is a depressing anticlimax when you are home.

My suitcases are still out with cruise stuff in them. Wonder if they'd get in the way until my next scheduled :rolleyes1 cruise - 661 days from now? Or if another cruise will intervene?

Happy Thanksgiving :grouphug:

:tinker: :stitch: :dumbo: :goofy: :tigger: :donald: Lynne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter