October 25, 2008 Halloween on the High Seas (2)

Hello everyone!

We had such a wonderful, amazing time. I cannot believe all the negative comments about our cruise, I must have been oblivious to what others were seeing? I was making the most of my vacation that I had been planning for such a long time.

What thread are you referring to specifically? I hadn't been able to find the one someone mentioned earlier.

If we thought the weather was bad on our trip i can just imagine the current cruise passengers with hurricane paloma....we got lucky we just missed this storm. i wonder, did the ships even go out this week or divert somewhere? anyone know?

I think they announced yesterday that the Eastern due to leave today was being changed to a Western. Costa Maya (yep), Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and CC. Imagine getting that last minute news.

Sean and Christine, keep meaning to ask how you liked Castaway Cay since these were your first two sucessful stops there?!

We loved it!!! I could stay just there for a whole week! So much fun - but then again it was more because of the company we had.....thanks, everyone! You made it very MAGICal!:goodvibes

Well, now we've made CC. And, we got to play with the stingrays, something Christine ESPECIALLY enjoyed. Her eyes lit right up tonight when we were talking about it. Someday, we'll have the added bonus of good weather, and full health. But, we made it, and that's what matters.
Our kayak excursion, like the one on Sunday, was cancelled. We got off the ship around 0930, and walked. And walked. And laid in hammocks by the Conched Out bar for 15-20 minutes in the rain. Then decided to head back to the ship. Then changed our minds, and set out for the observation tower. Should've rented bikes: we walked from the Bar all the way to the loop, and the full loop (5000 feet worth). I'd say we put in 3-4 miles of CC walking that 2nd day. Got back on the ship before the weather improved. The ship was fairly empty that afternoon, and we enjoyed lots of space and comfy chairs by the Quiet Cove pool.

All in all, we enjoyed it. Hope to get back soon. Chris must turn all 2009 vacation requests in <2 weeks, so I need to go see if she wants to talk plans tonight. The pay for 4, stay for 7 WDW offer right now seems rather good. Don't normally go in the first half of the year. Might have to change.

HEY GUYS>>>>>>

We arre looking for 101dalmationfan...... i think that is here handle......

She made some FEs on our halloween Cruise last year.....

Was she on the cruise with you guys tis year>>.

If so would someone beable to get ahold of her and ask her to PM me, womndering if she is still making the FEs??????

I know she had a very large thread about it but i ccant seem to find it.

THANKS YA'LL

HEY GUYS>>>>>>

We arre looking for 101dalmationfan...... i think that is here handle......

She made some FEs on our halloween Cruise last year.....

Was she on the cruise with you guys tis year>>.

If so would someone beable to get ahold of her and ask her to PM me, womndering if she is still making the FEs??????

I know she had a very large thread about it but i ccant seem to find it.

THANKS YA'LL
You should be able to PM her at: 101DalmFan. And yep, they were part of our cruise. Don't know about making FEs, though. Good luck and Bon Voyage.

Totally missed chat last night - I fell asleep at 8:00!!! Haven't been able to keep my eyes open since we came home! Too tired! Or maybe it's after-cruise depression! Anyway, sorry I missed everyone! Will have to get a nap Monday to make it that night!!!!

Totally missed chat last night - I fell asleep at 8:00!!! Haven't been able to keep my eyes open since we came home! Too tired! Or maybe it's after-cruise depression! Anyway, sorry I missed everyone! Will have to get a nap Monday to make it that night!!!!

Hi suzie,

My wife and i enjoyed meeting you that night we dropped off the candy. i wish we would have had more opportunity to hang out, saw you guys at rockin bar d but your table was already full and that place was packed every time.

anyway, just wanted to say thanks for organizing the TOT. our kids loved it and the group we were in enjoyed it too. thanks again for the added fun!!

it was a blast!

I too am lamenting about the high seas; seems like a lot of us came home to adverse weather conditions. We even have rain in California. I too have a cold and need the Nyquil.

We are heading to Disneyland on Friday night. This trip was planned a long time ago. Shirley (Chipmunk) got us in to lunch at Club 33 so we gotta go. I am glad I will get to see all the Christmas decoraltions even if the parade will not have started. There are never enough Disney pictures.:rotfl2: Lynne will miss you at our table!!!!!

Suzie, glad to have met you and thank you for the Cmas cards.

Still unpacking and doing laundry and finding all my FE treasures. Again to all, thanks so very much! Don't know when I will get this trip scrapbooked, but it will be fun looking back at pictures and momentos.

Lynne, how do I get that picture at the bottom of your post with the WB logo? I know you're not a pirate and that seems like the only thing I can find. Non-tech person here in need of help.

Take care everyone.

Sandra

I too am lamenting about the high seas; seems like a lot of us came home to adverse weather conditions. We even have rain in California. I too have a cold and need the Nyquil.

We are heading to Disneyland on Friday night. This trip was planned a long time ago. Shirley (Chipmunk) got us in to lunch at Club 33 so we gotta go. I am glad I will get to see all the Christmas decoraltions even if the parade will not have started. There are never enough Disney pictures.:rotfl2: Lynne will miss you at our table!!!!!

Suzie, glad to have met you and thank you for the Cmas cards.

Still unpacking and doing laundry and finding all my FE treasures. Again to all, thanks so very much! Don't know when I will get this trip scrapbooked, but it will be fun looking back at pictures and momentos.

Lynne, how do I get that picture at the bottom of your post with the WB logo? I know you're not a pirate and that seems like the only thing I can find. Non-tech person here in need of help.

Take care everyone.

Sandra

Sandra,

First you need to get the url of the picture, you can right-click on the picture and then select properties.

this will load up a dialog box where you can copy the Address / url (the web location where the picture resides) select the entire text of the link and copy it

then go into edit your signature and add it as a pic/image link

that should do it, hope this helps

We are heading to Disneyland on Friday night. This trip was planned a long time ago. Shirley (Chipmunk) got us in to lunch at Club 33 so we gotta go.

Look for Adam and I at Paradise Pier Sunday morning, we're crewing MouseAdventure starting at 8 a.m. (already filled Chipmunk in on that).

And that goes for anyone else who will be at DLR next weekend!:cutie:

Anyone else have a desire to put an FE up outisde their door at home? ;)

Ivan, was really great talking to you and your wife too! I really wish we could have had more time together! You could have crashed our party! There was always room for more and you know I can't say no!!!

Sandra, I wish I could take credit for those great Stampin' Up cards but alas, not by my hand. Wish I knew because they take so much time and did so many! WOW! I did that one Christmas and must say, Never again! Too much time!!

Shoshie, I keep looking at my FE and wonder, now where can I put that and will I get presents everyday?!?!?!??!!! LOL!

I miss you all so much.

Okay - have finally downloaded ....er....okay.... will admit......Brian downloaded (thanks hubby :lovestruc ) ...all 800+ pics :rolleyes1 we took :scared1: . Shoot - thought it was much more than that :lmao: Also scanned our professional ones, which of course came out beautifully. Shutters took a chunk of my spending money again this trip - but hey, they had such beautiful subjects :rolleyes: to work with :rotfl: . Seriously - anyone who manages to take pics of this gal without them coming out with my eyes closed or half closed (I always look half souzed - what's up with that :confused3 ) they deserve to take my money!

Anyway - one unexpected treat of sorting through all the photos at Shutters was spotting those of fellow dissers! I think I was almost as excited to find pics of everyone else's family as I was my own!

So now I need to start loading some onto Photobucket so I can start posting them here. I haven't even been able to get through looking at all 800+ myself yet :rotfl2: .

Valerie

Sandra, I wish I could take credit for those great Stampin' Up cards but alas, not by my hand. Wish I knew because they take so much time and did so many! WOW! I did that one Christmas and must say, Never again! Too much time!!

Shoshie, I keep looking at my FE and wonder, now where can I put that and will I get presents everyday?!?!?!??!!! LOL!

I miss you all so much.

My sister gave out Stampin' Up cards the last night or morning? we had FEs up. I had asked her if she could so she would also be participating (since we had two FEs). She used a new kit that came out for this year. Don't know if these are the ones to which you refer - I didn't get any in my FE, since she didn't make me any.

I have both cabins' FEs hanging up in the family room. And magnets on the refrigerator. I think it makes my dad's blood boil every time he thinks about it. He doesn't get the hold DCL has on some of us; he does seem to think they have great marketing - offer you a discount while on board, when you are in a great vacation mood... They think I've been on several cruises this year - I kept telling them that I booked this one 13 months ago on the last cruise. That's over a year folks, I say.

I made this one on MS Word on my Mac. I so much prefer Mickey to pirates; especially when you think there are still pirates out terrorizing even today. Not a savory bunch on the whole; amazing how Disney has milked them for so many years in a positive way.

If you couldn't get the Steelers' fans instructions to work for you, and you want to use it,
1. Paste this in your signature block:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp321/auntlynne61/sc0165e296-1.jpg

2. and add at the end (without leaving a space)

The EB transatlantic has a very classy logo; someone took the brown and gold Disney paper that cruise documents come in and modified it for their info. I really like it. I wouldn't mind using it with the necessary changes for our specific stops. Funny that whoever gets on the thread early gets to dictate the direction it takes. But ultimately there is a bunch of people who are totally not affected by any of this as they are unaware of the covert operations of the addicted on the DISboard.

Have you gotten any sleep in the last six years?

My sister gave out Stampin' Up cards the last night or morning? we had FEs up. I had asked her if she could so she would also be participating (since we had two FEs). She used a new kit that came out for this year. Don't know if these are the ones to which you refer - I didn't get any in my FE, since she didn't make me any.

I have both cabins' FEs hanging up in the family room. And magnets on the refrigerator. I think it makes my dad's blood boil every time he thinks about it. He doesn't get the hold DCL has on some of us; he does seem to think they have great marketing - offer you a discount while on board, when you are in a great vacation mood... They think I've been on several cruises this year - I kept telling them that I booked this one 13 months ago on the last cruise. That's over a year folks, I say.

What are Stampin' Up cards? I didn't get any either and never heard of them.

Michelle

If you couldn't get the Steelers' fans instructions to work for you, and you want to use it,
1. Paste this in your signature block:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp321/auntlynne61/sc0165e296-1.jpg

2. and add at the end (without leaving a space)

oops, yeah i blew that one, i meant to say add an image link, NOT a web link - I fixed the instructions above

that should allow you to discover the source of any image you want to use

alternatively, you can always right click on any image and do a "Save Picture As..." and then save it locally to your computer.

then you can utilize any online picture site such as Photobucket to save all your misc images that you can use - this way you guarantee that they will always be available. if you link to someone else's image or remote website you run the risk of losing it should that site go down or the user changes something

hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter