**October 2016 Check-in!**

I have a Café Orleans ADR for 4:50 on Fri. Oct 28th that I need to cancel. Does anyone want it? IM me if you do and we can arrange the time so you can grab it right after. I don't think there's any more early dinner ressies available there that evening.

How do you make your shirts? They must be iron-ons, but do you create your own designs or do you buy them? They are all really cute!
I create them on the Silhouette Cameo, with which I cut them out of heat transfer vinyl and iron them on. I find images I like on Google and put them together to create a design, or create the images myself. It's a lot of fun!

I'm not going to be able to do any more before our trip, though. I was diagnosed with a shoulder injury today with a minimum of a six week recovery.

I create them on the Silhouette Cameo, with which I cut them out of heat transfer vinyl and iron them on. I find images I like on Google and put them together to create a design, or create the images myself. It's a lot of fun!

I'm not going to be able to do any more before our trip, though. I was diagnosed with a shoulder injury today with a minimum of a six week recovery.
Thanks for that info! I'm interested, but I checked out the Silhouette Cameo online and they are not cheap!

Sorry to hear about your shoulder! I hope it doesn't affect your trip too much.

you poor thing you are just falling apart lately-you should have been sally for Halloween

Sally-Nightmare-Before-Christmas-Burton-h1.jpg

-then you could have done this
305ca080fda3485836afb68315d8647e.jpg

Thanks for that info! I'm interested, but I checked out the Silhouette Cameo online and they are not cheap!

Sorry to hear about your shoulder! I hope it doesn't affect your trip too much.
Yes, they are pricey. Around Christmas time they are often on sale. I was lucky... my mom bought it. She creates our Kids Kamp VBS program at church and the cutter makes a HUGE difference in cutting all the pieces for the craft projects for the kids.

I just checked touring plans and it said Tuesday and Thursday this week were 10s. The poor CMs were completely baffled. They were not prepared at all for the crowd levels this week. They had no answer as to why. Even with some random fall school closures, it just seems strange that it would compare to the crowds during winter and spring break. We had a great time despite crowds and took advantage of EMM, but the crowds were crazy. Any other time we go will probably feel like a ghost town! We had a great experience with WOC Dessert Party last night! It was such a treat!

Thanks for everyone's updates on their trips! We are headed out first thing in the morning for our 7am flight. The weather in the PNW is crazy right now. Fingers crossed that our flight is early enough that we make it to California before it gets too rough. These last few days have been so busy! Cheers to it FINALLY being vacation!!!

We don't go to DLR until tomorrow, but we are having a great time in SoCal. We went to Huntington Beach pier, and enjoyed the California coast for the first time. We also went to medieval times, and it was so much fun!! I've been keeping my eye on the weather, and it looks like me melting is in the forecast for Disneyland.

Yikes its supposed to get back up near 100 again. Put lots of ice in your water bottle and enjoy a frozen lemonade or an ice cream. keep sunscreen in your park bag and if you can get one those frogs togs towel things or a water bottle fan from anywhere but disneyland can be really helpful. Make use of you mid day break and Great Moments with Mr.Lincoln is a good cool down spot (I still really miss innoventions for this, we could play around up there for an hour and cool off, it was the best).

I am glad you are enjoying California. Did you feel like the cost of Medieval Times was worth it? I started looking at the price and while it was decent enough if your sitting in back it was a lot more to sit up close and that had me thinking-maybe its only good if you sit up close and we wont be happy in the back?

I am glad you are enjoying California. Did you feel like the cost of Medieval Times was worth it? I started looking at the price and while it was decent enough if your sitting in back it was a lot more to sit up close and that had me thinking-maybe its only good if you sit up close and we wont be happy in the back?

There is almost always a coupon for Medieval Times, sometimes even a BOGO. https://www.retailmenot.com/view/medievaltimes.com

I am so excited, only 4 more sleeps until we leave! I still have 3 days left of work, but hopefully they fly by! We are driving to Seattle on Friday, then flying out first thing Saturday morning! I have to start packing or at least figure out what will fit into my carry on!

Here now. For some reason, the crowds yesterday and last night were something shocking to me. I'm never here on Sundays, so I didn't know to expect such crowds! I live in a tiny town, and the sidewalks roll up Sunday evenings, so this was quite a change for me :)

I'm hanging around the resort this morning. It's my party day, and I was dragging by the time I left at 11pm yesterday. And, I didn't want to waste a park day on like 6 hours when I could sleep in, and then use that park day on my exit day, when my flight isn't until evening time.

Excited to experience the party tonight! Looks like the forecasted rain may have been scared away for the day.

Crowds were BRUTAL last week. Touring Plans had estimates ranging from 3 to 6 for Mon-Thurs.
Here's what we captured the day before we left (crowd estimates are per park DL/DCA):
  • Mon 4/6
  • Tue 5/3
  • Wed 3/4
  • Thu 6/6
Here's what really happened:

Attachments

• ActualCrowds.JPG
    ActualCrowds.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 28
Crowds were BRUTAL last week. Touring Plans had estimates ranging from 3 to 6 for Mon-Thurs.
Here's what we captured the day before we left (crowd estimates are per park DL/DCA):
  • Mon 4/6
  • Tue 5/3
  • Wed 3/4
  • Thu 6/6
Here's what really happened:

Sadly, this has happened the last 4 times we've tried to use them to predict crowds. They have been wildly off. Two of those trips have fallen on the same week in October, which is a fall break for our school system in Indiana (although not all schools around here are off that week). Perhaps the Touring Plans folks need to expand the number of schools they poll.

Anyway, using TouringPlans.com is supposed to help set expectations for planning, but all they've given lately is false hope.

By the way... we DID have a great time, though! It just ended up being a very different type of trip than we were expecting.

I think I need a pep talk! We leave first thing tomorrow morning and this is the first trip I am kind of dreading. I'm excited, but at the same time not looking forward to the heat and the crowds. Being on a scooter and in an arm sling just adds to the worry. Three of the four in our party are disabled and on scooters. I feel bad for my daughter. There will be a lot on her shoulders for this trip. She is turning 10 while we are there. My mom does not handle crowds well at all. Her health has gone way down hill since we started planing this trip. Getting everyone through the airport is going to be interesting to say the least. I hoping it's just the intense pain I am in right now that is putting me in this down mood. I definitely need some Mickey right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter