**October 2016 Check-in!**

gsrieff

Mouseketeer
A thread for people going in October for Halloweentime...!!! :teeth:

Feel free to add yourself in to chat about events or plans you may have during your trip to Disneyland in October!!!

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

-707MickeyGirl: Sept 28th-Oct 3rd: DI&S
-oktracy:Sept 30th-Oct 2nd

-kabbie: Sept 30th-Oct 4th: Hilton Anaheim
-Angrose: 1st-4th: DLH
-
kyrkea333: 1st-4th: Clarion Hotel
-Tinker1972: 1st-8th: GCH
-dcraythorn: 1st-15th: Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort
-JABRacingOne: 2nd-5th: Sheraton
-CassieScraps: 2nd-7th: Grand Legacy
-jammyjam25: 2nd-7th: DLH
-TamaraH: 2nd-7th: GCH
-scrapperkimmydee: 2nd-7th:Worldmark Wyndham
-Derek Colling: 2nd-8th: GCH
-goofyfan13: 2nd-8th: Courtyard Anaheim
-luvz2cruise: 3rd-6th
-Kindermouse: 3rd-7th: Desert Inn & Suites
-bbarens: 4th-7th
-Meldev: 4th-8th
-spokanemom: 4th-8th: BWPPI
-AussieCaribou: 4th-8th
-redkop1969: 4th-9th: Camelot Inn & Suites
-GlitteryOtters: 4th-12th
-Minerva Mouse: 4th-10th
-Rescue Pooh: 5th
-DisFan84:5th-6th: Knotts Berry Farm Hotel
-heybets30: 5th-7th
-Belleoftheball: 5th-11th
-princesszelda: 6th-9th: BWPPI
-goofymom66: 6th-10th
-dusti95: 7th-10th & 13th-14th: Days Inn Anaheim West
-MikeRx: 8th-14th: GCH
-dec2009mama:
8th-15th: BW Stovalls
-n2theluz: 9th-13th: Grand Legacy
-Manapua: 9th-14th: Marriott Courtyard
-Cloei_13: 9th-15th: GCV
-Alacrity: 9th-15th: DLH
-minnieralyks: 9th-15th
-CrazyaboutGoofy: 9th-16th: BWPPI

-LoveMyTwoGIrls: 9th-16th
-Vala: 9th-23rd: Desert Inn & Suites
-live4christp1: 10th-12th
-mwrogers: 10th-14th: Holiday Inn Express
-whoopsiedoodle: 10th-15th
-WestMo
m2two: 10th-15th: DLH
-TangledMama: 11th-15th
-aidensmother:
12th-16th
-Fire14: 12th-18th: PPH
-iheartjilly: 13th-15th
-TehGhostHost: 13th-16th: DLH
-PJHuntleyCO: 13th-16th: DLH
-Canadian Harmony: 13th-17th: Desert Inn & Suites
-NovemberMom: 14th-15th
-SnowBelleAlice: 14th-15th: Motel 6
-Sandan77: 14th-16th: Grand Legacy
-bfost87: 14th-17th: Stovall's Inn
-julesann: 14th-18th: Anabella
-Lebestiole: 14th-20th: Castle Inn & Suites
-dreamerkath: 15th-19th: Desert Inn & Suites/DLH
-lalasmama: 16th-18th
-karen1987: 16th-21st: Park Vue Inn
-PixieT78: 16th-21st: Tropicana
-akmomesq: 16th-22nd: VGC
-dreamerbaby98: 17th-21st: CCI
-anniebean: 17th-21st
-gsrieff: 18th-22nd: Tropicana

-lorijohnhill: 18th-22nd: GCH/Camelot Inn
-tinkerbelletreasure: 19th-22nd
-GenGen22: 19th-23rd
-MrsPinup: 20th-22nd: HOJO
-wildflower329: 20th-25th: PVI
-krispin41: 21st-23rd
-Howry: 21st-29th: Dolphin Cove
-AlohaNow: 22nd-27th: FFI
-tzeitel: 22nd-27th: Stovall's
-Alice's Yaya:
22nd-29th: GCH
-Meglet76: Oct 22nd-Nov 1st Desert Inn & Suites
-nikerbokers:23rd-25th: Desert Inn & Suites
-Angel141925: 24th-26th
-PeachMom: 24th-27th: Desert Inn & Suites
-xipetotec: 24th-29th
-loveswdw: 24th-29th GCV

-BatBunny: Oct 24th-Nov 2nd
-jaykay: 25th-30th: GCH
-Mrs.George: 26th
-KOUKLI: 26th-31st
-klacy1: 28th-29th
-DisneyPhans: 28th-31st: StayBridge Suites/Holiday Inn
-Kelsanna: Oct 28th- Nov 2nd
-smartlabelprint: Oct 29th- Nov 5th: Homewood Suites
-Corpsebride: 31st
-disneylarks: Oct 31st- Nov 3rd

Current number of members: 91

Here's a quick link to the most up to date information on Halloweentime as it comes in.
We can look through past years. Helpful in planning and getting excited:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ha...ad-5-2016-details-due-any-minute-now.3526615/

Last edited:
We have been planning on going for about 6 months now...but i finally booked it today!! We are staying at the Tropicana mostly due to the proximity to the entrance. I stayed at the HOJO before and after a long day..that walk down harbor felt like it never ended lol
We had hoped to stay at DLH but financially it just made more sense to save that extra money for inside the parks!....like going to the Blue Bayou for the first time. :love:

I am watching the Halloweentime superthread waiting for any bit of info that gets released!!

To say i'm excited is an understatement. Its 6 months away, and I will probably lie awake thinking about it until then! :rotfl2:

I also bought my first pair of chacos in preparation for disney because of all the good things i saw about them through this forum! ...they are going to take some getting used to, but ive got all summer :) anyone who sees this and has them...how long did it take for them to be comfy for you? lol

We'll be there Oct. 24-Nov. 2.; just waiting for the MHP dates release so we can buy our tix. We started planning this trip right before we ended our last Disney visit. Also hoping to get in a Ducks hockey game this time (we tried back in 2012 but because of the lockout...).

We'll be there Oct. 24-Nov. 2.; just waiting for the MHP dates release so we can buy our tix. We started planning this trip right before we ended our last Disney visit. Also hoping to get in a Ducks hockey game this time (we tried back in 2012 but because of the lockout...).

have you ever been there around Halloween before? We are totally planning on getting party tickets, and our son is already trying to decide on his costume. im excited to cross it off the bucket list. We are going for my 30th birthday. I'm bummed about the closure of the train, but i know its worth going before star wars land opens..im sure ticket prices are going to make a major jump.

have you ever been there around Halloween before? We are totally planning on getting party tickets, and our son is already trying to decide on his costume. im excited to cross it off the bucket list. We are going for my 30th birthday. I'm bummed about the closure of the train, but i know its worth going before star wars land opens..im sure ticket prices are going to make a major jump.
This will be our 1st time going around Halloween. We've been there around Christmastime (belated honeymoon/anniversary trip) and last trip was just after Labor day (wife's B-day). We're super excited for the parties as well; the wife's making our costumes. This will probably be our last trip for a while as we're looking to move and with our business just starting up funds will be focused towards those goals. I'll miss the train, Mark Twain, and Columbia but glad to know it's only temporary. Almost afraid to think what will happen post-Star Wars land, crowd-wise and price-wise.

My DD (17) and I are on our way to Disneyland 4-8 Oct. Still waiting on the dates to open at our preferred place to stay...and waiting...and waiting.

We are looking at doing tours this year (Welcome to Disneyland for sure, maybe Walk in Walt's Footsteps...). Not sure if we will do the party or not. It will depend on the costume rules. If DD can dress, we will be going. If not, we will be in DCA on those nights. Lol

I'm wondering how the party is going to run this year with the loss of the ranch. Should be interesting.

I'm in! It's an adults-only trip with some buddies of mine.

My flight is booked for the 13-17 but I'm going to splurge and add an extra day at the beginning as the 13th is my birthday and I can get an early morning that day before I switch my 5 Day PH over to an AP. I have the PH and the flights through Airmiles and I just have to book a hotel room at Desert Inn & Suites this summer.

Just have to save up for the Halloween Party (probably the 14th), souvies and food.

So. Freaking. Excited!

We will be at Disneyland October 15th - 19th! We will be staying at the Desert Inn & Suites for 3 nights, and the last night we will stay at the Disneyland Hotel. If a good deal comes up, we may try to do 2 nights Desert Inn and 2 nights Disneyland Hotel.

It will be my first trip to Disneyland and I am so excited! DBF has already been multiple times, but I've only been to WDW. We will be doing a Halloween Party (just waiting for the dates to be released!) and the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. We will possibly be bringing his DD along (depending on the school/teacher), and it would be her first Disneyland trip too. If she does come, we would love to have a meal at Ariel's Grotto for her birthday.

193 days to go! :goodvibes

@BatBunny your wife is MAKING your costumes?! awesome! what are you planning to be?! i dont think i could go full costume...but i will definitely plan some sort of very obvious disneybound outfit lol Our son is already trying to decide what hes going to be...im hoping he picks peter pan because the Peter costume at the disney store is ridiculously cute!!

@AussieCaribou where is your preferred place to stay? how much longer do you expect to be waiting? and im jealous of you possibly doing the tours! I think when my son is old enough to appreciate them, him and i will go together. My husband would look at the price and say...yeah, no im just going to get in line for a rollercoaster now hahah he is more about the thrills.

@Canadian Harmony glad you joined in!! I would love to get an AP...if only i could be guaranteed that flights would stay as cheap as they are now! my mouth dropped when i recently looked at the prices and figured i shouldn't wait anymore.

@dreamerkath our dates are very similar! we are flying into socal on the 15th but we will be with family for the first couple days. They will drop us off at the parks on the 18th and we will be there through the 22nd! Ive never been to WDW but i know you will enjoy your time at DL. we might end up at the same halloween party! I wish i had a daughter..when i asked my son if he wanted to go to ariels grotto he gave me the most disgusted look lol so i know i will be watching the jedi training academy instead :lmao:

our family is planning a trip for Halloween time at DL -- not sure of dates yet and no hotel picked out! several factors will decide when we go and where we stay and I can't even think about planning it until we get back from our May adventure at DL!

@Canadian Harmony glad you joined in!! I would love to get an AP...if only i could be guaranteed that flights would stay as cheap as they are now! my mouth dropped when i recently looked at the prices and figured i shouldn't wait anymore.

I used Airmiles because I don't trust the prices.

@BatBunny your wife is MAKING your costumes?! awesome! what are you planning to be?! i dont think i could go full costume...but i will definitely plan some sort of very obvious disneybound outfit lol Our son is already trying to decide what hes going to be...im hoping he picks peter pan because the Peter costume at the disney store is ridiculously cute!!
We're going as a Medieval Knight and Lady. We're HUGE fans of that time period and we love dressing up as such (we've actually done it last 2 trips there when we had dinner at Medieval Times plus we like to attend Ren-faires). She loves making clothes so this makes her happy. Thinking of starting a costume thread closer to Halloween time to see what others are doing/wearing (gotta have pics). The Peter Pan costume sounds adorable; would love to see that.

I’ll be there with my BFF October 2-October 7, staying at the DLH!!

We went last year during the same time period and had a blast! The Halloweentime decorations are super cute, loved the HM and Space Mountain overlays, and we really enjoyed the Halloween party. Can’t wait to do it all again!

@dec2009mama two times in a year would be a dream for me!! I hope your May trip goes smoothly, and i look forward to your posts about your october plans whenever they start to form!

@BatBunny your costumes sound super cool..i hope you do start a thread about costumes when it gets closer... it would be fun to post pictures here if they get done sooner than you make the official thread :) :)

@jammyjam25 thanks for joining in! especially because you have previous experience...tips are always welcome :)

@gsrieff -- if we do go in October it will be our 3rd trip to DL in 2016! after that we will continue just to do an annual trip every May so I can run tinkerbell since DS is getting older and we don't want to pull him out of school so much!

I'm in! It's an adults-only trip with some buddies of mine.

My flight is booked for the 13-17 but I'm going to splurge and add an extra day at the beginning as the 13th is my birthday and I can get an early morning that day before I switch my 5 Day PH over to an AP. I have the PH and the flights through Airmiles and I just have to book a hotel room at Desert Inn & Suites this summer.

Just have to save up for the Halloween Party (probably the 14th), souvies and food.

So. Freaking. Excited!

:bday:

NO WAY!! The 13th is MY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!! We'll be in the Park the 10th to the 15th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter