**October 2016 Check-in!**

I miss the chatter on here now that we are getting to late October. It's nice to hear that people are still excited for upcoming trips and I've loved getting reports from people who have already been! We leave Sunday night for my mom's house and then fly out early Monday. I haven't packed anything yet and we have a busy weekend ahead of us! I have so much to do before I can go that it's stressing me out a bit. I have been planning and daydreaming about this trip for so long I want to make sure that everything is in place and I can relax and enjoy every minute!
We are flying into LGB and don't have transportation to Disneyland figured out yet. The shuttles all seem really pricey and I didn't love the idea of having to make multiple stops. Regular taxi is also more than I want to spend so... I think we will try Uber. Has anyone done that? From what I've read we have to get a little bit away from the airport because they can't technically pick up there but it's just my husband and me so we don't mind walking a little bit. Does anyone have any experience with this?

The weather for those of us going this upcoming week seems lovely! We are going 22-27 and the high temps are low 80's-high 70's. Saturday was scaring me a bit when I checked a couple of days ago (90's) but it has been going down ever since. Now it is at a high of 85 :mickeybar

Now if they can just get rid of the rain on Friday...... at least it's gone for now on Monday. I was afraid for our Party for a few days.

Just a short trip for me as I am down there for a conference. I will be at DL this Sunday the 23rd starting in the afternoon (flying in from Oregon in the morning) and at CA on Monday the 24th from rope drop to closing.

Forgot to say where I'm staying - looks like I picked a popular one as I am staying at the Desert Inn & Suites from the 23rd to the 28th along with Meglet76, nikerbokers, & PeachMom. For any of the three of you - have you stayed there before?

Forgot to say where I'm staying - looks like I picked a popular one as I am staying at the Desert Inn & Suites from the 23rd to the 28th along with Meglet76, nikerbokers, & PeachMom. For any of the three of you - have you stayed there before?
We stayed there a couple years ago with another family - our suite was perfect because it had two separate rooms each with bathrooms and then a little common living room area. Cheap but totally fine. We don't spend much time at our hotel and it as close as you can possibly get to Disneyland - right at the crosswalk! :)
And they have basic continental breakfast type stuff so it's easy to grab a quick bite on your way out in the morning.

14713739_1290311121013741_6272205053968922424_n.jpg

Here is a group photo of our costumes! We were at the 10/21 party. I plan on writing a TR, and look forward to reading the couple others that posted links on here. We returned late last night, and are recovering. My fitbit says I walked 47 miles while i was there!! So tired.

14713739_1290311121013741_6272205053968922424_n.jpg

Here is a group photo of our costumes! We were at the 10/21 party. I plan on writing a TR, and look forward to reading the couple others that posted links on here. We returned late last night, and are recovering. My fitbit says I walked 47 miles while i was there!! So tired.
That is a GREAT picture! Heard you guys had better crowds than we did the week prior! I looked forward to reading your TR!

We stayed there a couple years ago with another family - our suite was perfect because it had two separate rooms each with bathrooms and then a little common living room area. Cheap but totally fine. We don't spend much time at our hotel and it as close as you can possibly get to Disneyland - right at the crosswalk! :)
And they have basic continental breakfast type stuff so it's easy to grab a quick bite on your way out in the morning.

Thank you very much! They let me do early check in and my room is great. Got a king mini suite which seems to be very pretty comfortable. Great location too.

Flying in tomorrow to LGB!! Hoping to grab lunch at DTD after I address a few work things!!!!! Cannot WAIT for Friday and Saturday at the parks!

Just posted our first Disney day!! whewwwww that took forever! I had no idea TR's took so long!!!

Right! I always wondered why people one posted 1 section per week-it seemed like a long wait to find out what happened next. Well when you work all day and it takes that long to write it out I now know why the next installment has to wait for a weekend.

Here's mine but its still a work in progress:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/are-you-scared-yet-my-october-2016-trip-updated-10-23.3509771/

Just checked into the Hilton Anaheim today! My boyfriend has a partial park view. ToT looks close enough to touch, and he has a great view of the Grand Californian. I can see glimpses of Cali Screamin, the Fun Wheel and what I THINK are the rock peaks of Radiator Springs. I don't know how I'm going to get through two days of work before DL!!

Back from our trip.....what an exhausting whirlwind! The cons were the not-in-the-forecast rains and *no* Mickey bars throughout the whole park. (I mean really, why even go?)

The pros were RSR, WOC, Chase card private meet and greet with Darth Vader (blew all of our minds), and dinner at Blue Bayou. Firsts for all of us. And a beautiful beach day at Crystal Cove upon arrival. And sunset over LA the last night from Griffith Observatory.

Chase card private meet and greet with Darth Vader (blew all of our minds)
Did he actually interact with you? My daughter was so upset after seeing him (she had just turned 10). He stood like a statue for two really quick photos (they are identical) and then when she turned and asked him, "So, how are you doing?" he just pointed to the door. She was crushed. I know he's a villain and all, but I thought it was really rude. He acted like she wasn't even there.

That is such a bummer that your Darth Vader was a dud. Ours was fantastic and very interactive (and intimidating)! He was up in each of our faces talking to us at least once, even more for the kids. I just loved that he started off by greeting us by coming around the corner, looking us up and down, and saying, “Join me!” They took lots of photos and we all walked out of there going, “That was so great!”

Here at DL now! Some sprinkles this morning, but nothing bad in terms of rain. Lines have been decently manageable. Probably the oddest phenomenon to this WDW vet is how long the Star Tours line is! On our coast, I've never seen it more than 15 minutes long. Here, the highest I saw today was 75 minutes! Crazy.

That is such a bummer that your Darth Vader was a dud. Ours was fantastic and very interactive (and intimidating)! He was up in each of our faces talking to us at least once, even more for the kids. I just loved that he started off by greeting us by coming around the corner, looking us up and down, and saying, “Join me!” They took lots of photos and we all walked out of there going, “That was so great!”
Maybe I'll be able to convince her to give it another try when we go back. I didn't even realize he could speak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter