~ October 2010 Brides ~

It is going great! Our outfits are ready. We just need the final fitting. I have an appointment to talk to Rosie over the phone next week.

We had a formal wedding planned and x-ed that because it was too hard for me going to school full time and him working full time to plan. So we went back to our original idea to get married at disney! So much easier! And everyone is super nice!
My only thing now that I am pondering over is what song I want for the groom :rolleyes:

Congrats! I met with Rosie Tuesday this week and she is AWESOME!!!!!! She had so many great suggestions too!

When are you doing your final fitting? I have been dieting like mad and am down 5lbs from when I bought the dress, hoping to tone up another 5lbs by September. David's Bridal said I could do a fitting a month out and be ok. I hope they let me wear my Spanx under the dress, I am not going to stop the workouts until the day we leave!! :banana:

We stuck to the list of music given to us in our planning packet but I see on here many people requested music off the list. You might be able to get some ideas from them. Good luck! :wizard:

My alterations girl said to come back a month out. So that is what we are planning on doing. Congrats on loosing the weight! It is very difficult to do :)

I am sooo excited! Just got off the phone with Rosie to discuss the flowers and photography! I got goosebumps! We discussed the flowers and the bouquet that I finally decided on that I liked was more than the standard escape bouquet but she was so nice at helping me make what i want but without paying more!

I can't wait! :lovestruc

Isn't Rosie great? So cool that she helped you create the bouquet you want within your budget!!

We just got back our quote for the floral and, I know some people have said Disney Floral is expensive, but I feel it is really reasonable. We met with Kathleen today and I am getting sooooo excited!!! :banana:

Hey October brides - October room discounts are available!!! We split our stay to take advantage of the HUGE savings and are going to be at Bay Lake the first two days (before the wedding) and then move to the Contemporary the day after our wedding, for nine days. Our discount on Bay Lake is 40%!!

Thought I would give you guys a heads up - I know we could stand to save the $$ after our MK/Epcot photo shoot splurge!! ;)

Thanks for the heads up!

We have less than 2 months now until we leave!! I am getting excited!! Anyone else? :cutie:

Sooooo excited!!!

And I am with you guys, Rosie is amazing!!!
I've been really restrained up until I had my call with Rosie and then I wanted to order EVERYTHING she suggested!!! It all sounded amazing!!
She made everything so easy!

Counting down the days!!! :yay:

Hey everyone! I've been MIA from the boards, and trying to get back into it. I'm so excited, but does anyone else feel a little overwhelmed. I feel like there are 100s of things that need to get down and I'm going crazy. My nice easy summer turned into a total @*@* storm of craziness and I've gotten very little wedding stuff done. I feel like I'm totally forgetting the things I need to do and it's ridiculous. Am I totally alone in this?

Sam

Hey everyone! I've been MIA from the boards, and trying to get back into it. I'm so excited, but does anyone else feel a little overwhelmed. I feel like there are 100s of things that need to get down and I'm going crazy. My nice easy summer turned into a total @*@* storm of craziness and I've gotten very little wedding stuff done. I feel like I'm totally forgetting the things I need to do and it's ridiculous. Am I totally alone in this?

Sam

Oh no! I know what you mean, I was going crazy with just school and work - before we decided to get married! Have you talked to Rosie and your coordinator? They might be able to help you out with some things, take them off your plate. Also, I found that using a checklist to make sure everything is written down in one place is super helpful. Every time I think of something new, I logon and add it to my list!

Good luck! :wizard: :goodvibes

Pirate's Princess

I was feeling over whelmed too. So I added a "To Do" app on my iphone. That way no matter where I was I new what needed to be done, plus I could easily add stuff too.

Talking with Rosie and with my coordinator has helped! Hang in there! :thumbsup2

Pirate's Princess

I was feeling over whelmed too. So I added a "To Do" app on my iphone. That way no matter where I was I new what needed to be done, plus I could easily add stuff too.

Talking with Rosie and with my coordinator has helped! Hang in there! :thumbsup2

Ohhhhh, great idea and I get an iPhone next week!! So excited!! :banana:

Oh no! I know what you mean, I was going crazy with just school and work - before we decided to get married! Have you talked to Rosie and your coordinator? They might be able to help you out with some things, take them off your plate. Also, I found that using a checklist to make sure everything is written down in one place is super helpful. Every time I think of something new, I logon and add it to my list!

Good luck! :wizard: :goodvibes

I did my planning session at the end of June (and the start of this craziness) and I have my BEOs from Carol (my planner) and Laura from floral. It's more like the craziness I have to do on my end, than Disneys. I did sit down yesterday and compile a list. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting but at least it's a start.

Pirate's Princess

That's a great idea. I love my iphone! Is there a specific app you recommend?

Ohhhhh, great idea and I get an iPhone next week!! So excited!! :banana:

Congrats on the phone. I don't know what I did without it! There are so many times I sit there laughing at myself for the ridiculousness of the phone, but I love it. Of course, I spend way too much time using it, but it's been a lifesaver at times.

And I'm starting to get more excited than nervous. I don't have my invitations done, but everyone who is going to the wedding received their save the dates and newsletters and made their reservations. I hope its ok. And I still need to schedule my dress fittings...oh and write the ceremony! :eek: I hope I'm not the only procrastinating bride out there!

I really like the "Honey do" on the iphone. It allows you to share your to do's with other people. My DF and I both have it and that way I can remind him of things he needs to do and vise versa. It has really helped!

Here is the link!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/honeydo/id367164034?mt=8

I am with you! I love my iphone! My DF surprised me with it for Valentine's Day this year and I don't know what I ever did with out it!!

I wouldn't worry about your dress fitting. My girl said that really there was no need to come in until about a month out. :) And she said that this is a crazy busy time of the year for them so waiting would be better!

Hey October brides - October room discounts are available!!! We split our stay to take advantage of the HUGE savings and are going to be at Bay Lake the first two days (before the wedding) and then move to the Contemporary the day after our wedding, for nine days. Our discount on Bay Lake is 40%!!

Thought I would give you guys a heads up - I know we could stand to save the $$ after our MK/Epcot photo shoot splurge!! ;)

Woohoo! Thanks for the update. I have been trying to check daily deals :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter