Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean

Mindi, we aren't doing any excurssions since we are doing MNSSHP before the cruise and one of the water parks after the cruise. I don't have any excurssion recomendations for your family, but I can reccomend a really good place to eat in Cozumel...It's called Ponchos Backyard. Anybody been there before? It has a really neat eating area with live music and really good margaritas :thumbsup2 There is also a really neat shop attached to eat with lots of local stuff.
Well, I can now say we are leaving
2 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!

I had a hair appointment this evening and Ryan had to switch cars with me and he walked into the salon and said, "I thought you were going to get your hair done right before we go on the cruise." To which I replied, "THIS IS RIGHT BEFORE WE GO ON THE CRUISE!" Men, sheesh! :rolleyes:

Andrea
:rotfl2: My appointment is tomorrow! They just don't understand that we need 2 weeks to get used to the new 'do, even if it's just a trim...just in case!

Hair gets done early and we wait until the last possible second to do pedicures and manicures. I'm not doing the fingers this time (I don't want acrylics and polish doesn't stay on my nails), but I'm getting my tootsies done the afternoon before we leave. Oy! That's going to be a busy day - we don't want to skip any of the kids' stuff, so I'll have my pedicure, then pick the kids up and take DS to gymnastics, then we eat a quick bite and DH will take DS to soccer and I'll take DD to swimming. DH is so ready for this vacation that he readily agreed to take that day off, so we'll be able to do a lot of packing during the day.:thumbsup2 (Most of our stuff will get set aside over the weekend, once laundry is done, but we won't put it in suitcases until Wednesday).

Heather, that is so funny. I think we have the same schedule. I am getting a pedicure the morning we leave and I'm not doing a manicure because it's not worth it, the paint wont stay on my fingernails either. I'm starting to set stuff aside, but I haven't "officially" started packing yet. We are still wearing all of the clothes we are going to be packing.
Well, I'm pretty proud of myself, I made it to the gym at 5:45 this morning for a step class. It was a pretty hard one too. :scared: I'm convinced I can loose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. :lmao:Ok, maybe two pounds. I've been working out at least three times a week for the last three weeks and I haven't lost any weight! I'm not giving up though.
I have finished my tags for my FE, so no more room switching! Well, off to run errands. Chat with you all later...
Andrea

Corinna.....do you get charged anything to ur cell for premium messaging and getting those ringtones??? Some do charge even though they say no fees....just wanted to know before I send them to my phone? Thanks

I did not get charged anything, but I have an iPhone. For iPhones you do not get a message to your cell phone. I just downloaded the ringtone onto my desktop, dragged it into iTunes and then synchronized my iPhone.

Corrina, I ordered my pillow cases either the day she came back, or day after. I know she has gotten quite a few orders from our cruise. Terri (Minfan55) is also waiting for a FE and a pillow case and Tiffany said she should have them to her sometime this week, and she ordered the same day I did.

I had a hair appointment this evening and Ryan had to switch cars with me and he walked into the salon and said, "I thought you were going to get your hair done right before we go on the cruise." To which I replied, "THIS IS RIGHT BEFORE WE GO ON THE CRUISE!" Men, sheesh! :rolleyes:

Well, I'm still waiting for the rest of my FE stuff to get her so I can finish that off. However, I did buy something today for the little kids (under 2 years) since what I'm giving to the rest of the kids isn't that great for babies. I actually found exactly what I was looking for, so that was a success.

OK, off to bed for me. Chat with you all tomorrow...
Andrea

The first half of my order arrived today and that is the more important part as I actually need this for the upcoming cruise. The envelope was marked 2 of 2, so I hope the other half will arrive tomorrow. I had ordered the Fish Extender on the day she reappeared and the pillow cases two days later, but it was actually the pillow cases that got here first.

Corinna

I know most of you know each other already, but my family and I are also going on the October 3, 2009 cruise to the Western Caribbean. Myself, my DH, and my 2 DD'S (ages 6 & 19 months). Does anyone have any tips for the first time cruiser? We are all so very excited. I have already received our cruise documents and have even dragged out the suitcases to start packing our swimsuits, etc. since we aren't using them here in chilly Illinois.

Thanks for any help you can me!

Carrie

Hey Carrie, Welcome aboard!! U are gonna love the DCL!! Awesome!! Yes most of us have been chatting at least since Oct 2008 and some even earlier then that! Oh wow it has been along wait!!

Anyhow there are few 5/6 yr old DD's and a couple kids in the 19 month range. My niece is 18 months who is traveling with us!

Hey everyone I just did a trial run with the luggage and 5 med-large pieces fit in the back of my van...woohoo!! SO the carry-ons will have to go in front of the kids...wow!! They will be squished...and I say they cause I am driving so my SIL and I will sit up front and everyone else will be squished.....LMAO

All u guys not packed yet make me twitch......didn't anyone else shop clearance and get new stuff to pack already??? I know I CAN NOT be the only one!!!
Yeah I am not gonna be losing any weight before the cruise cause we have reps bringing in lunch to meet with the doctors.....today Qdoba( i love it) and tomorrow one of my other fav's Olive Garden....the doc must have read my mind when the reps asked and he said those 2 places.....woohoo and something on friday just not sure!! I love REPS!!! LOL

well off to get the kids from the bus and then I am headed to get my dress for formal night from the seamster......ttfn

Hi Carrie! Welcome. You have come to the right place. You are going to LOVE Disney cruise line! First pointer: You wont be able to do it all, so don't kill yourself trying! Next, even though the cruise docs say boarding begins at 1:00 it actually begins between 11:30 and 12, so get there early. The sooner you get there the sooner your vacation begins. Since you have small children I would say bring any kind of medication you think you "might' need. It is very expensive on the ship. If your 6 year old DD likes to dress up as a princess bring her costume. Lots of little girls wear their princess dresses to dinner and now they are doing trick or treating for all October sailings (this is new) Lots of kids also dress up on Pirate night, so if she has any pirate costume stuff, or if you have time to get her some, do so. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If you have any specifice questions let us know! We have lots of first time cruisers on our thread so you're not alone. We also have lots of people with Disney Cruise experience so if you have questions ask away!
Andrea

I almost forgot...are you flying in the night before or the day of?

We now have 2 balcony rooms. New room numbers are 6560 and 6122. I am very excited. Have not been able to reach DH yet had to share with all of you first. Gena Hunter will be upset as he was loooking forward to you guys being our neighbor. Could not pass up a good deal. Michelle if you could change on FE list. Got to try and get back to work.
Kim

Thanks for welcome! We are driving down from Central Illinois. We leave on Thursday, October 1st. We will be staying in Cocoa Beach the night of the 2nd. The hotel has a shuttle that leaves the hotel at 11 a.m. for the Port Canaveral. Our plan is if the shuttle isn't there, DD is paying for a taxi! I want to get there and get checked-in. I have already completed my on-line check-in and have all of the paperwork already packed.

Yes, I too have bought tons from the end-of-summer clearance sales and have started to pack!

My DD heard about the Halloween costumes and instead of taking her Belle dress, she wants to dress up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. lol

kim I am confused....U upgraded to 2 rooms that are on opposite sides of the ship???? Umm dont u need contacting for 5 people!? Help me here!

Carrie we too are staying in PC on the 2nd at the residence inn. Along with a few from here. We are flying down the 1st and doing MNSSHP though.

I know most of you know each other already, but my family and I are also going on the October 3, 2009 cruise to the Western Caribbean. Myself, my DH, and my 2 DD'S (ages 6 & 19 months). Does anyone have any tips for the first time cruiser? We are all so very excited. I have already received our cruise documents and have even dragged out the suitcases to start packing our swimsuits, etc. since we aren't using them here in chilly Illinois.

Carrie

Welcome aboard Carrie!!! I'm a first time cruise as well, although I feel like I'm so experienced after listening to all of you for the past year and a half...

Can't wait 2 weeks!!!! and one day

We now have 2 balcony rooms. New room numbers are 6560 and 6122. I am very excited. Have not been able to reach DH yet had to share with all of you first. Gena Hunter will be upset as he was loooking forward to you guys being our neighbor. Could not pass up a good deal. Michelle if you could change on FE list. Got to try and get back to work.
Kim

I believe we are staying at the Comfort Inn. We hope to be there early enough for the girls to enjoy the beach for a little while. Neither have ever seen the ocean!

Welcome aboard Carrie! :) We're glad you could join us. You're going to love this cruise! :)

My oldest daughter is 7 so your daughter will be in the same club as her. My youngest is 15 months so I'm sure we'll see lots of each other in the pool where the little ones can play. :)

We're planning on going as early as we can and have the girls go directly to the pool. There are other families doing the same. It'll be great to see each other before our group meet. Hope you'll be able to meet up with all of us at 3pm in the Promenade Lounge. If you haven't checked out the fantastic website Michelle (FortheLoveofDCL) created you should do that. Lots of info for you. :)

Well for those of you who are doing hair and nails, I'm sort of in the same boat. LOL Lilli and I are getting our hair done the Tuesday before we leave and the night before we leave she and I (and my BFF Trina a/k/a schmoopiecat) are getting manicures and pedicures. Lilli is so excited because she's getting her first "professional" manicure. LOL My DH even consented to her getting something pretty painted on her two big toes. :) What fun. :)

As for shopping, I've picked up a few items but not enough to pack. Our temperatures are starting to cool down a little so I'm hoping to start this weekend pulling some things and packing them. I figure as long as I leave one or two items for "summer" weather I should be good to go. :) My goal is to only have to pack one or two items the morning we leave. I started my lists but will need to sit down and work on them some more. My goal is to have a diaper bag and carryon bag for the flight down and 3 large suitcases. We'll see just what ends up happening once we've got everything together to pack. LOL I know my husband will have 1 carryon bag and Lilli will probably have 1 carryon bag too (we'll see). The less we take the happier I'll be. :) We are taking our umbrella stroller with us. Not sure yet if the DH will want to check it at the gate or just check it. We'll see. :)

Well, it's a busy night for me. Getting ready to leave to do church stuff. I've got High Praise rehearsal (my ladies ensemble of 5 that have been together for about 9 years) so we can get ready for a singing engagement next week, then I have regular church choir rehearsal. The kiddos are in nursery and missionettes and the DH is in the ManZone. :) Lots of fun! We'll get home about 9:00ish tonight.

Take care all! Chat atcha later! :) Kristi

Michelle. I am very confused at this point. Yes one room is mid ship and other at back by aft elevators. Actually had that room on first Disney cruise. But for the price could not turn it down. There are actually 6 of us now as father in law is joining us. So he will have a room. And we will split the kids. I think with them being older this time it will work out ok with dads help.
Not sure why it double posted last on trying to post from phone who knows.
Kim

Welcome aboard, Carrie! Let us know if you have questions and I'm sure someone here will have the answers....

I had to share my moment of clarity and craftiness with you all! I have been driving myself crazy trying to come up with something for DD(9) now that there will be Halloween stuff onboard. I wanted to basically use her own clothes, so I was leaning toward Hippie:hippie:, since she owns jeans, sandles and a tie-dyed shirt. But, I really felt to complete it, she needed a "suede" vest of some sort (with fringe, natch!). And, of course, 70's inspired fringe vests are not readily available (not even on eBay or in thrift stores).

And at Michael's,:idea: it came to me! I bought a brown shirt and will slice it down the front, cut off the sleeves and there we have it! I bought an iron-on peace symbol for the back and a Have a Nice Day smiley face (just the face:), not the words) for the front and suede-like fringe for the bottom. All she'll need now is some peace jewelry and a headband (have a bandana, may trade it for a braided, beaded leatherish one, instead. OH! Or she could wear a headband with daisies on it:daisy:....hmmmm, I'll have to remember that one to give her the choice.

Anyway, I'm not very crafty that often, so when it happens, I tend to tell everyone how clever I am! At least, since it's over the computer, I can't hear y'all laughing at me right now...

Carrie

:welcome: on board, Carrie and family. You will have a great time. We went on our first ever cruise in September 2008 and now have 4 cruises under our belt (2 on DCL and 2 on NCL). We are seriously hooked.

Kim

Well done on the upgrade.

Corinna

oK kIM...CHANGED YOUR ROOM NUMBERS.....which room do u want ur FE's delivered to?

Feeling somewhat accomplished at this point! After work, went to see my formal and it is SUPPOSED to be done tomorrow. Then went and got my flu shot!! Lastly went and mailed a box to the cruise ship!! It should get there on the 23rd....and then got postcard stamps to pack! I am soooo ready. Took some cash I had and divided it into different envelopes labeled --tips for airline curb check porter, cruise porter(arrival) , cruise porter(leaving =( , food for airport on thurs, tips for driver picking us up sat the 10th, and etc! So much easier to be prepared and hand them money without sitting and counting or fumbling around.....no no not me....dropping luggage and getting in and checking in!! I will so be one of the top 5 ....LOL

I too will be getting a manicure and pedi that tues night before leaving weds!! our plane lands at 11:22am and then grab lunch at airport....then take disney bus to hotel, then MNSSHP!!! I am stoked!!

Carrie like Kristi said check out the link to our web page in my signature. Photos of us, people going and kids ages, and directions to port, etc.

well off to settle the kids and start getting ready for bed.....nice cool night tonight!
TTFN

6560 has me(kim) hunter and michael
6122 has dh(walter) kyle and fatherin law (walter) dfil is not doing fe as he decided to come to late.

Welcome cledmonson. Our 6 year old daughter is on the cruise with us. We are flying from southern Indiana. We have cruised but last one was our honeymoon - 7 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter