• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Obama 'to reverse stem cell ban'

It is to my understanding that stem cell experiments/research/whatever may help find cures for some diseases.
If this is true, then I absolutely can not understand why someone wouldn't be in support of it.

It is to my understanding that stem cell experiments/research/whatever may help find cures for some diseases.
If this is true, then I absolutely can not understand why someone wouldn't be in support of it.

I think because it's embryonic SC research. That goes against people's morals, and I think against those who believe that life begins at conception.

I think people that are ALIVE are more important than something that ISN'T alive! We can get even more developed in medicine. We could get better cures for cancer (which as y'all know is important to me) and other serious diseases.

I think people that are ALIVE are more important than something that ISN'T alive! We can get even more developed in medicine. We could get better cures for cancer (which as y'all know is important to me) and other serious diseases.

Flame me, but I agree. I'd rather focus on curing things for people who are already alive, than bringing a new life into an already over-populated world. It's we either let an embryo "die" (if I'm not mistaken, an embryo isn't even a life until something like 21 days after conception) or thousands of people die because there was no cure for their disease and treatment failed.

juvenial diabetes may be cured by this.

obviously those that don't support it have never been touched by a disease that is CURRENTLY incurable.

i have no tolerance for those that will fight for the "life" of a fetus, but won't fight for the life of tens of thousands of people who are sick and will be sick for the rest of their lives.

Flame me, but I agree. I'd rather focus on curing things for people who are already alive, than bringing a new life into an already over-populated world. It's we either let an embryo "die" (if I'm not mistaken, an embryo isn't even a life until something like 21 days after conception) or thousands of people die because there was no cure for their disease and treatment failed.

it goes
germinal period- 2 weeks
embryotic period- 2 months
fetal period- the rest of the pregnancy

after the two week mark, embryos look like a puddle of goo. the embryo looks sortof like a fish until it becomes a fetus.

I'm for this. I am against abortion and do believe life begins at conception but if these embryos are going to be thrown out anyway and thus DIE anyway then I'm for it. At least something good will come of it instead of wasting embryos.

It's not like the embryos used for stem cell research were going to be used to create humans.

I'm for this. I am against abortion and do believe life begins at conception but if these embryos are going to be thrown out anyway and thus DIE anyway then I'm for it. At least something good will come of it instead of wasting embryos.

It's not like the embryos used for stem cell research were going to be used to create humans.

you can take stem cells from aborted embryos too. just an fyi.

IMO, (go ahead, flame away), the life of a person with feelings who is suffering who has friends and family and a real life and who will be missed for the person they were is much more important than the life of an embryo that is not even human yet. This research will save so many lives. Lives of living, breathing, thinking, feeling people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter