NYC to Bermuda! Who is going....

Thank you, thank you and thank you for taking the time to report back.

We are doing the 5 hour tour but ours will be on a Saturday. So, happy to hear it was a good tour.

DH and I will go to Horeshoe Bay on our own. We were to Bermuda many moons ago so I remember and did a little research on the travel options to the beach. Plus, if weather is not good or too hot, I wanted to have options of coming and going on our own.

And thanks for the advise on Cabanas for breakfast. I did not know it was an option.

Oh, and I heard the seas were rough the first day or so. I have been over planning and looking at weather channel app too much. Right now it shows 5 days of rain before we get there. Ugh! And I know it will change 5 times before we get there. But I cannot help my self.

Okay, thanks again and when you have the time and thing you would more you would like to share would be appreciated.[/QUOTES ]

You are welcome!! Enjoy!!!

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you and thank you for taking the time to report back.

We are doing the 5 hour tour but ours will be on a Saturday. So, happy to hear it was a good tour.

DH and I will go to Horeshoe Bay on our own. We were to Bermuda many moons ago so I remember and did a little research on the travel options to the beach. Plus, if weather is not good or too hot, I wanted to have options of coming and going on our own.

And thanks for the advise on Cabanas for breakfast. I did not know it was an option.

Oh, and I heard the seas were rough the first day or so. I have been over planning and looking at weather channel app too much. Right now it shows 5 days of rain before we get there. Ugh! And I know it will change 5 times before we get there. But I cannot help my self.

Okay, thanks again and when you have the time and thing you would more you would like to share would be appreciated.

You are welcome.

This is a double. I messed up on the last reply........tried to delete it. Can't figure out how..clueless with the computer

We did leave NYC late. Not sure why (we did fuel up late).

I did take a picture of each day's Navigator on my iPhone. I tried to send/post here but tells me file too big :(

We did leave NYC late. Not sure why (we did fuel up late).

I did take a picture of each day's Navigator on my iPhone. I tried to send/post here but tells me file too big :(

I get the same message sometimes with trying to post photos. Sometimes from my iPad I can post 5 photos at once and then another time file to big??

Well, hopefully it will work and you can post them.

Oh, anything else special for the first Bermuda sailing besides some merchandise.
I did see on someone Twitter photos of the merchandise.

Any special food etc?

Thanks again.

We are back!!!!!!!!! We had an awesome time and the weather was perfect for our sea days and Bermuda days.

Horseshoe Bay we booked through Disney but could have easily gone there on our own via taxi or mini bus (not public transportation). We were the only ship in port so beach not too crowded. I would recommend moving away from the facilities/less congested. We rented two lounge chairs and umbrella for $45. You can rent just lounge chair, tent, etc. I should have taken a picture of the prices.

We had a great driver for our 5 hour Bermuda Island Drive the next day. Our driver was funny, nice and of course knowledgeable. The only negative (maybe for some) was that the Island drive was on Sunday and all the shops were closed. There was an ice cream place, food market, coffee shop and two restaurants that were open that day.

For us, there was no "dress up"/semi-formal even though I was told there would be. My friend (cruising together) was told the same thing. We could have left our garment bag (with sports jacket, dress shirts, two dresses) at home.

I have never needed/taken Bonine or Dramamine but had to take it on the second day/sea day.......not too bad though.

We live here so we know how beautiful the NYC skyline and the Verazano Bridge is but to see it at night from the ship was absolutely breathtaking.

We have learned to have breakfast in the morning at Cabanas and not at our designated restaurant (same restaurant that dinner was served night before). More relaxing and not feel rushed to eat and get off. We were some of the first few people off the ship. Our luggage was right there and we were at customs and out the "door" in less than 10 minutes.

Catching up at home with everything :)

Glad you had a great time!
Did you book the 5 hour tour thru Disney too?
I agree about Cabanas in the morning, its a great alternative.
Pulling into NYC early in the morning was just amazing, can't wait till 2019 to do it again for our Bermuda cruise!

Glad you had a great time!
Did you book the 5 hour tour thru Disney too?
I agree about Cabanas in the morning, its a great alternative.
Pulling into NYC early in the morning was just amazing, can't wait till 2019 to do it again for our Bermuda cruise!

Yes, we booked the 5 hour tour thru Disney.

I get the same message sometimes with trying to post photos. Sometimes from my iPad I can post 5 photos at once and then another time file to big??

Well, hopefully it will work and you can post them.

Oh, anything else special for the first Bermuda sailing besides some merchandise.
I did see on someone Twitter photos of the merchandise.

Any special food etc?

Thanks again.

I don't remember any special foods/menu. Perhaps I was not paying attention/honestly don't remember something special.
We did have a nice welcoming band at the port - dressed in some costume gear consisted of young adults/one or two adults. It was nice. I also have picture and video. Not sure if they will perform for every cruise or just the inaugural.

I don't remember any special foods/menu. Perhaps I was not paying attention/honestly don't remember something special.
We did have a nice welcoming band at the port - dressed in some costume gear consisted of young adults/one or two adults. It was nice. I also have picture and video. Not sure if they will perform for every cruise or just the inaugural.

Did you go to the beach at Bermuda? How was the ocean water temps?

WOW, this thread makes me remember how beautiful Bermuda is! We honeymooned at the Southampton Princess 35 years ago, was gorgeous! Maybe we will go back for our 40th, God Willing!:love:
Are the beaches in Bermuda still "unspoiled"?:confused: Sounds like an AWESOME cruise! Hope that you all had a FABULOUS TIME!:thumbsup2

WOW, this thread makes me remember how beautiful Bermuda is! We honeymooned at the Southampton Princess 35 years ago, was gorgeous! Maybe we will go back for our 40th, God Willing!:love:
Are the beaches in Bermuda still "unspoiled"?:confused: Sounds like an AWESOME cruise! Hope that you all had a FABULOUS TIME!:thumbsup2

I was there 16 years ago with my DH to celebrate my 40th and now finally back in 2 weeks.

I will hopefully let you know about the beaches. I am hoping to get back to Horsehoe Bay for a few hours.

Did you go to the beach at Bermuda? How was the ocean water temps?

We went to Horseshoe Bay. (We stopped at one other small beaches with the 5 hour tour the next day- no facilities though/one had a port a potty and saw some other ones from the bus/smaller/less crowded). I think the water temperature was 80. For me it was a bit cool but I need it warm. It takes me forever to get in my pool at home. I like it 86 :) BUT - having said that, slowly and surely, I went in and it was wonderful. It felt good because it was warm/hot out that day. For me to go in, it was pretty warm.

We went to Horseshoe Bay. (We stopped at one other small beaches with the 5 hour tour the next day- no facilities though/one had a port a potty and saw some other ones from the bus/smaller/less crowded). I think the water temperature was 80. For me it was a bit cool but I need it warm. It takes me forever to get in my pool at home. I like it 86 :) BUT - having said that, slowly and surely, I went in and it was wonderful. It felt good because it was warm/hot out that day. For me to go in, it was pretty warm.

We are planning to go to Horeshoe Bay Beach too, praying for no rain.
Did you take van shuttle on your own? Did you rent chairs & umbrella?
Did you eat there? We are planning on going on our own on day 1.

On the 5 hour tour, which we are taking too, when you stop at the small beach, can you swim?

How much time did you spend in St.George and Hamilton.
Our excursion leaves very early, since we are going on day two when we leave Bermuda by 3:30pm. Was there time for lunch at either town?

Thanks for all your feedback and advise.

Thank you for the info! We are going in 2 weeks, hopefully temps stay about the same. We are expecting it to be rather brisk in NYC though, hopefully they crank the pool water heater up!

We are planning to go to Horeshoe Bay Beach too, praying for no rain.
Did you take van shuttle on your own? Did you rent chairs & umbrella?
Did you eat there? We are planning on going on our own on day 1.

On the 5 hour tour, which we are taking too, when you stop at the small beach, can you swim?

How much time did you spend in St.George and Hamilton.
Our excursion leaves very early, since we are going on day two when we leave Bermuda by 3:30pm. Was there time for lunch at either town?

Thanks for all your feedback and advise.

Horseshoe Bay - I was prepared to take the mini bus on our own (about $7 each) or a taxi. I was not going to consider public transportation ($4.50? each) - this leaves you at the top of the hill/lot's of walking and would not take a chance. A friend just came back and told me. My friend always feels more comfortable taking Disney transportation/excursion ($29 each r/t), so this is what we did. We had about three hours at the beach. We were ready to stay longer and take a cab back if necessary but we were good at 2pm.

We did rent two lounge chairs and an umbrella for $45 (plus $5 tip). You can rent a tent, tent with all the extras ($150 - great if you have small kids), etc. or just chairs. I should have taken a picture of the prices. I did notice a water bottle was was $3 (not bad, but I had my own). Hubby looked at the menu. I did not. I think he mentioned burgers $12 and up or something. We had a light lunch back at the ship since we had early dining.

Tour - My memory is bad - going by my pictures. We met at 9 am. Our first stop was about 20 minutes at 9:33 am - Hamilton. One of the tour people met us and handed out a donut as we got off the bus/bathroom stop. Looked around briefly (everything was closed/Sunday).

The next stop was about 45 minutes - for lunch. I think St. George? There were two restaurants open (one was Wahoo?). A coffee shop and Somers supermarket. We did go in the supermarket. I was nosy and wanted to look at prices. Expensive.small box of cereal over $8, etc.......There was also YoCherry place across the supermarket where we bought ice cream. Again, the driver got us there early to bypass the crowds so one had time to order/have lunch if they wanted to. (he did not follow the same stops as the other busses).

We were at the Lighthouse at 1:07pm. Small shop/Restroom stop about 20 minutes.

Around 2pm, we stopped at another beach for another 15 minutes. Some went on the sand. This beach had one port a potty. Not enough time for swimming. Our guide Chum was excellent. He was nice, funny and very informative. He pointed out, quick stops (without getting out) and told us a lot about Bermuda, the people, etc.

I think we were back on the Magic around 2:30 pm.

Your driver might not follow the same order of stops.

Last edited:
Horseshoe Bay - I was prepared to take the mini bus on our own (about $7 each) or a taxi. I was not going to consider public transportation ($4.50? each) - this leaves you at the top of the hill/lot's of walking and would not take a chance. A friend just came back and told me. My friend always feels more comfortable taking Disney transportation/excursion ($29 each r/t), so this is what we did. We had about three hours at the beach. We were ready to stay longer and take a cab back if necessary but we were good at 2pm.

We did rent two lounge chairs and an umbrella for $45 (plus $5 tip). You can rent a tent, tent with all the extras ($150 - great if you have small kids), etc. or just chairs. I should have taken a picture of the prices. I did notice a water bottle was was $3 (not bad, but I had my own). Hubby looked at the menu. I did not. I think he mentioned burgers $12 and up or something. We had a light lunch back at the ship since we had early dining.

Tour - My memory is bad - going by my pictures. We met at 9 am. Our first stop was about 20 minutes at 9:33 am - Hamilton. One of the tour people met us and handed out a donut as we got off the bus/bathroom stop. Looked around briefly (everything was closed/Sunday).

The next stop was about 45 minutes - for lunch. I think St. George? There were two restaurants open (one was Wahoo?). A coffee shop and a supermarket. We did go in the supermarket. I was nosy and wanted to look at prices. Expensive.......There was also an ice cream place across the supermarket where we bought ice cream. Again, the driver got us there early to bypass the crowds so one had time to order/have lunch if they wanted to. (he did not follow the same stops as the other busses).

We were at the Lighthouse at 1:07pm. Small shop/Restroom stop about 20 minutes.

Around 2pm, we stopped at another beach for another 15 minutes. Some went on the sand. This beach had one port a potty. Not enough time for swimming. Our guide Chum was excellent. He was nice, funny and very informative. He pointed out, quick stops (without getting out) and told us a lot about Bermuda, the people, etc.

I think we were back on the Magic around 2:30 pm.

Your driver might not follow the same order of stops.

Thank you so much. DH and I were in Bermuda in 2002 and took the buses everywhere. I remember the walk down to Horeshoe Bay. I know the shuttles bring you right down into the parking lot. So, I feel comfortable with taking the shuttle.

I am trying not to look at the weather but so far, it’s showing thunderstorms for our time on the island. I know things can change

Our 5 hour tour is earlier on the 2nd day. I don’t mind T storms on that day. I just want to get my toes in the pink sand and a walk down the beach. Maybe a quick dip in the ocean.

We tour the Royal Naval Shipyard back in 2002. I wonder how much has changed. Did you shop or eat in that area?

Ok, thank you again for taking the time to answer my questions and share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter