Nutty question - Epcot vist and not Magic Kingdom?

Epcot is my favorite park. We've done many short trips where we never stepped foot in MK. That being said, if they've never been there, I would try to fit it in. If your only option is to do WWoHP and one Disney park and you really want to go to EP, then skip MK. It's not going anywhere.

Please take this "with a grain of salt" as my mother used to say. But my daughter "kid" (age 28) had one day to introduce her boyfriend to WDW this past February. She has been at least 20 times but had no problem choosing Epcot, and not just because of their age. She loves both Future World and World Showcase, and the boyfriend thought Epcot was simply incredible...he could not believe the diversity of rides, activities,( yes, they did Agent P!) live entertainment, etc. So if this is what you are looking for, go for it. The "magic" lives everywhere...

I also vote to do what makes you happy. Funny, Epcot is the park I would skip, but could never skip MK. :)

Epcot is a wonderful park. We enjoy it better than MK but not all younger children can appreciate it. If you do your research in advance it can be very enjoyable for the kids

We just did 1 day at Epcot in April. We were staying at Cocoa Beach and decided to just drive up for a day trip. We have been going to WDW since my kids were 3 and 5, so they are familiar with it. My kids are now 9 and almost 11. Not going to lie, my preference would have been and will always be the Magic Kingdom, but we did a day trip to MK last year so everyone wanted to do Epcot this time. So I saw go for it - we had a great day. My kids love Soarin. It is one of their favorite rides in all of Disney.

Epcot is our favorite. If we only had one day, that's where we'd go.

I don't have my own kids, but I am a 3rd grade teacher. In my experience, if you love it and convey that love, the kids will love it too.

Please take this "with a grain of salt" as my mother used to say. But my daughter "kid" (age 28) had one day to introduce her boyfriend to WDW this past February. She has been at least 20 times but had no problem choosing Epcot, and not just because of their age. She loves both Future World and World Showcase, and the boyfriend thought Epcot was simply incredible...he could not believe the diversity of rides, activities,( yes, they did Agent P!) live entertainment, etc. So if this is what you are looking for, go for it. The "magic" lives everywhere...

Honestly for a 21+ year old Epcott would be the primary park to introduce them to with the food and drink options.

Nope not crazy. Ive been to MK once in the past 7 years and we go twice a year. That one time was only to see the new Fireworks show.

I think you could skip Mk and do Epcot. I’d take it one further though, and skip Universal while picking up another Disney party. Perhaps Animal Kingdom. Doing both Disney and Universal gets really pricey and Universal just doesn’t do it for me. Wouldn’t be worth the expenditure and travel between the two. YMMV.

My mother used to say "who is paying for the vacation?"
But seriously, my parents took vacations where my sister and I had fun, but it wasn't always about what we wanted to do. They are going to Universal to see Harry Potter(amazing btw, get there early in the day and use the interactive wands before the park fills), and they don't know much about WDW.
Epcot is kind of ok for me as an adult, but I remember at 10 being enchanted by world showcase and wanting to visit the countries in person. I think if you want to go, you should because they will still have fun and get a taste of Disney, but if you go to any other park yo will spend the whole time wondering if you would enjoy Epcot more.

I love Epcot Center... But only one day..Id goto MK period. That age..MK will be more fun for them.

Not weird at all. I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Our favorite way to tour Epcot is over multiple evenings after spending the day in one of the other parks. If we go to a park and stay all day, it's usually MK or AK.

First of all, you do you! If that's the park you like, go for it! And if the kids have never any of the parks, they won't "miss out" and they'll just enjoy what they're experiencing.

With kids, check out Agent P's Adventure. We did it last year and our 8 year old had a blast, and we did too. The app prompts you to go to different places in a specific country's pavilion, and answer questions on the app. This will trigger real world actions and was one of our favorite parts! It does take a bit of time, so if you're planning to visit every single country you may want to skip it or only do a few. Some people say each country takes about 20 minutes, we moved slowly and enjoyed the sights, so we spent more like 30-40 minutes in each country. But it got to explore places we'd never seen before and got our kid interested in the countries.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/agent-p-world-showcase-adventure/https://touringplans.com/epcot/attractions/agent-ps-world-showcase-adventure
And here's the website to actually start: https://agentpwsa.com/

I dont think its nutty at all (granted our son is only 1 and doees not know any better anyway haha). We are staying at Beach Club just so we are close enough to drop into Epcot whenever we want (its me and DW's favorite).

I have always loved EPCOT more than any other park, even when I was a child, but then... I was a weird child. I love wandering through the countries and snacking on food and just relaxing.

If your kids are more traditionally "kids" and enjoy the cartoons and rides and things like that, then MK is the better bet, I think.

Magic Kingdom is amazing, no one can really argue that but.... EPCOT really catches the imagination and wonder for learning and exploring and is perfect for curious kids. It also has some of the greatest experiences in all of WDW resort. Due to the educational and entertaining aspects of EPCOT, its a Mom/Dad Win altogether!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter