• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOW A TR: Just a little Trip for Two

Yes yesterday we through him a little wrestling themed party and on the 8th his grandpa was also celebrating his 90th so they shared a party it was pretty sweet :dance3:

Day 4:
this morning we woke up at about 6:30 and where at the park by about 7. There was a huge line to our right that was clearly for star tours because people were even dressed up then the line for the bag check was also huge but I didnt see anything that screamed this is for little mermaid. So I got in line at bag check and Jared asked a cast member who directed us to a much smaller line to the far left that was specifically for mermaid by the time our line was cut off there were maybe 50 people in the line. It was simply that no body knew about it.

100_0448.jpg

100_0449.jpg

100_0450.jpg

here is the line for bag check I was going to take a pic of the star tours line but since disneyland opened at 9 they went in at 8:20 and I didnt notice because I was reading a book :rolleyes1
100_0451.jpg

After we were in line for about an hour a CM came over and started to explain to us what was going to happen. We weren't going to get to see the opening ceremony which was a bummer because Alan Menken and Pat Carol along with some other people were there. I hadnt really expect to see it any way though, but we were going to get in to the park before any one else. He handed out these wristbands so he would know who was in the line and no one else could join. The Cm's Name was Ian and he was really nice and funny I quite liked him
100_0452.jpg

at 9:20 we were led into the park as a group with a Cm behind us and Cm Ian in front. First we went through our own private bag check and then regrouped and proceeded toward DCA's entrance. We had to walk around all the people in line in the esplanade most people didnt even notice us or if they did were cool about it. Accept the lady at the front of the line we started to go in and she started wigging out on the CM Managing the front of her line. Shouting about how she was meant to go first. I feel for her to some extent because I figure she probably was there for a really long time to have that spot. I dont under stand though why shed wait so long with out asking where she should be to get what she wants. After we all got through the turn style and everyone grabbed a handful of Mermaid style DCA maps it was off through the empty park.

100_0453.jpg

100_0454.jpg

100_0455.jpg

100_0456.jpg

100_0457.jpg

100_0458.jpg

100_0459.jpg

100_0460.jpg

Day 4:

Finally we made it! here are some pictures of the queue
100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0464.jpg

100_0465.jpg

100_0466.jpg

100_0467.jpg

100_0468.jpg

100_0469.jpg

A Familiar Face
100_0470.jpg

100_0471.jpg

We had gone into the park at 9:20 and it was now 9:45 so they held us at the closed door till 10 when the park opened. After a few minutes they started letting people from the entrance queue in and they began lineing up behind us. After a few minuted the lady who was at the front of the line started to excuse her way to the front Im not sure how she wasnt directly at the back of our line but she wasnt. We thought maybe shed try and shimmy passed us because she had made such a big stink before but I guess someone behind us stopped her because we didnt see her again :confused3
At 10 they let us in to the inside queue and began loading the ride
100_0472.jpg

100_0473.jpg

100_0474.jpg

100_0475.jpg

100_0476.jpg

100_0477.jpg

I didnt photograph the ride because I useually dont so heres a link to a ride through on you tube if your intrested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIarm5FEQXI
Jared and I both really enjoyed the ride the effects were great and the ride itself was beautiful. We only had one complaint. We thought there should have been more of a climax with Ursula instead of just the sillhoutte of her in the back ground while they kiss. I understand why it wasnt done that way but it would have been nice. Other wise I really love this ride and cant wait to be able to go back and experience it again!
100_0478.jpg

100_0479.jpg

After we got off the ride I went of to the new embarcadaro gifts and picked up a key chain and an opening day pin. I didnt really want the pin but it was the only thing that said opening day on it so I got one. We had to wait in line to get into the store because it was so tiny though I think it would probably function better as an ariel meet and greet or something it has a front and back entrance and everything.

Day 4:
After we finished with mermaid we noticed DCA was super empty we wanted to head over to Disneyland for the Day but decided to take advantage of Tower of Terror with no line first.
100_0480.jpg

100_0481.jpg

after that I wanted to pick up a couple things at the gift shop that I hadnt seen over in Disneyland and then we were off to walt's original.
We were hungry when we got there and Disneyland was Packed! we decided to have lunch in hopes that while we were there people would notice that no one was in DCA

We went to French Market for lunch and we both had the Roast Beef it was pretty good. It was Jareds Favorite of the trip accepting of course Ariels Grotto
100_0482.jpg

100_0483.jpg

100_0484.jpg

We had music from the royal street band for a little while while we ate
100_0485.jpg

We had a few things to cross of our must repeat list as well as some things we hadnt done. We started with Haunted Mansion again since it was right by the resturant. There were so many kids in the park this day it must have been spill over from grad night but it was just a little crowded :crowded:
100_0486.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0491.jpg

From there we hoped on the train and headed over to toon town to ride roger rabbit and visit with mickey mouse.
100_0494.jpg

100_0496.jpg

100_0497.jpg

When we got to this part of the queue the kid in line behind us said "daddy if it says keep out why are we going in?" and his dad says because were going against the grain everyone else is going in to. to which the kid responded "just because everyone else was doing it doesnt mean we should" :laughing: the dad had to explain to him that the sign was pretend and part of the theme before the kid would move forward
100_0498.jpg

100_0499.jpg

For those of you who wonder how we can ride roger rabbit together but not the tea cups we always ask to sit in two cars I spin like crazy and Jared holds on to his for dear life sot that it wont spin lol

We went to visit our friend Mickey Mouse after that when we got to Mickey cartoon barn there was a very nice cm taking people in to see mickey while we were waiting she tried to keep us entertained (me I could have just watched the video but others are not so amused with it lol) and she would ask "are you all ready to see mickey!?" the teen behind us was trying to make a ruckkus and was like No who wants to see a mouse and the CM said "well time out for you then" :laughing: it was pretty silly

100_0501.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0503.jpg

So why did you get in the pink bracelets for the Little Mermaid ride??

I enjoyed the pics of the little details put into the front & queing areas......so Disney!! I've heard most people are a little let down with the ride.....but I'm still excited to go see it!!!

I've never eaten at the French Market.......might need to check it out next trip!

So why did you get in the pink bracelets for the Little Mermaid ride??

I enjoyed the pics of the little details put into the front & queing areas......so Disney!! I've heard most people are a little let down with the ride.....but I'm still excited to go see it!!!

I've never eaten at the French Market.......might need to check it out next trip!

The Cm gave it to us because at a certain point they didnt want any more people joining the line so if you didnt have a pink bracelet you weren't allowed to go in early. They seemed to be a lot of concern that people in the line for the entrance would try and join in as we walked by. I didnt notice any of it happening but as we entered the park we had to show our wrist band.

The Cm gave it to us because at a certain point they didnt want any more people joining the line so if you didnt have a pink bracelet you weren't allowed to go in early. They seemed to be a lot of concern that people in the line for the entrance would try and join in as we walked by. I didnt notice any of it happening but as we entered the park we had to show our wrist band.

Well that's good that they planned for things like that.....awesome!!

Day 4:
After visiting everyone's Favorirte mouse we hoped the train over to adventure land
100_0504.jpg

100_0505.jpg

I forgot to mention that on our way to lunch we fast passed Indi Im surprised I forgot about it because it was the first time I ever had to wait in line for a fast pass :rotfl: so anyway when we got to adventure land we rode indi and then another round on the jungle cruise. After that we decided we wanted a treat we seemed to do that alot this trip lol Jared was dieing for frozen lemonade his favorite theme park treat (any theme park lol) He decided to get the souviner cup because it had more lemonade for only a dollar more...it looks like way to much lemonade to me lol
100_0506.jpg

mmm yummy
100_0507.jpg

I really wanted ice cream it was warm out and I just needed me some creamy goodness...unfortunatly the line at gibson girl went out the shop and down the street so I settled for an Ice coffee
100_0508.jpg

100_0509.jpg

Ive never been on the coloumbia I know this is shocking but I never have so Jared and I thought we enjoy our treats aboard.
100_0510.jpg

100_0511.jpg

100_0512.jpg

100_0513.jpg

While we were boarding the captain made a very big annoucement about no pottys on the boat which made me think it may have been a problem at some point lol
100_0514.jpg

100_0515.jpg

100_0516.jpg

100_0517.jpg

100_0518.jpg

100_0519.jpg

Jared thought it was pretty neat that you could go below deck but we didnt stay long because it was stuffy and pretty crowded down there
After that we decided we would walk through the castle
100_0521.jpg

100_0522.jpg

100_0523.jpg

100_0524.jpg

100_0525.jpg

100_0526.jpg

We still hadnt done Casey Jr yet so we became wild animals and went for a ride with the circus
100_0527.jpg

100_0528.jpg

after that we wanted to ride alice but she still had 40 mins and then we wanted to do the canal boats but they were closed so we headed over to tomorrow land.

I've never been on the Columbia either.....or the canoes. Actually I have a few things I've never done & either don't have the desire or I wouldn't be caught dead on......lol : Tower of Terror, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Silly Swings, 2 other rides down on that end (rockets, jellyfish) over at DCA & never been on Astro Orbitors or in Innoventions at Disneyland.

I've never been on the Columbia either.....or the canoes. Actually I have a few things I've never done & either don't have the desire or I wouldn't be caught dead on......lol : Tower of Terror, Mickey's Fun Wheel, Silly Swings, 2 other rides down on that end (rockets, jellyfish) over at DCA & never been on Astro Orbitors or in Innoventions at Disneyland.

I cant stand the canoes lol My nana used to make us ride them when we were kids and I always wanted them to move on there own I hated paddling lol.
I love the Tower of terror and have always wanted to do mickey fun wheel...in a stationary bucket but no one ever wants to look upon the face of God with me I almost did it this trip while I was shopping but i thought I might look silly up there in the bucket all by my self lol I loved the Swings. The Jelly fish are nonsense I did them once with cambria they are neither thrilling nor fun unless I guess your very small then you might love them. I refuse to do the astro orbitors for the same reason I dont do dumbo the lines to long to go up and down and beside the orbiters belong back on top of the building. We did innoventions on this trip and as usual I was un impressed. Ive done most everything accept now the new star tours, and the fun wheel. However I never do Autopia its my least favorite so I probably haven't been on it since I was a kid.

I cant stand the canoes lol My nana used to make us ride them when we were kids and I always wanted them to move on there own I hated paddling lol.
I love the Tower of terror and have always wanted to do mickey fun wheel...in a stationary bucket but no one ever wants to look upon the face of God with me I almost did it this trip while I was shopping but i thought I might look silly up there in the bucket all by my self lol I loved the Swings. The Jelly fish are nonsense I did them once with cambria they are neither thrilling nor fun unless I guess your very small then you might love them. I refuse to do the astro orbitors for the same reason I dont do dumbo the lines to long to go up and down and beside the orbiters belong back on top of the building. We did innoventions on this trip and as usual I was un impressed. Ive done most everything accept now the new star tours, and the fun wheel. However I never do Autopia its my least favorite so I probably haven't been on it since I was a kid.

So you never got to the new Star Tours???? Bummer!!!!

I'm not a fan of Autopia either.....we took our kids a couple trips ago & it was so uncomfortable to sit in those cars.....we're all pretty tall & long legged.....just didn't work for us (the kids loved it of course).

So you never got to the new Star Tours???? Bummer!!!!

I'm not a fan of Autopia either.....we took our kids a couple trips ago & it was so uncomfortable to sit in those cars.....we're all pretty tall & long legged.....just didn't work for us (the kids loved it of course).

lol it is no fun to have your kneess around your ears. No we didnt get to the new star tours because Jared cant do motion rides hes been on the orginal star wars and got pretty sick so it would have been just me and there was no fast pass that day so he would have been waiting the entire time I was in line so like 4 hours by him self and I just wasnt comfortable with that. Its pretty certain though that Ill be going next year some time with my mum and sister so ill get to ride it then :yay:

Where were we? Oh yes headed toward tomorrow land which probably wasnt the best idea since star tours was opening and had a 4 hour line but we thought wed check out inoventions and figured it shouldnt be to crowded because everyone is at star tours. It wasnt to bad in there actually however I was again disappointed with the content the upstairs was all the same stuff Ive already seen and I haven been in there since 2006 with the exception that the video games have changed but that doesn't matter because there's no way Im gonna play playstation at Disneyland I can totally do that at home. The down stairs was the house of the future or what ever but it was more like house of technology you can already have if you have enough money. It wasnt anything Disney had thought up themselves not to mention it was mostly just screens I thought the decor in the house was more intresting then the technology the kids rooms were decorated pretty awesomely lol

I took this pic because Im totally excited for cars and Pirates was awesome as Ive already mention here lol
100_0529.jpg

Our fist stop in inoventions was the Assimo show, we were walking by and the Cm was like come see the amazing Assimo thats right Hondas real assimo I took a couple pictures
100_0530.jpg

100_0531.jpg

100_0532.jpg

it was...intresting I suppose the technology is great but Im still not entirely sure how Assimo works They gave him what was clearly a prerecorded voice of an 8 year old and hes about the size of one, then they were talking about how they plan on useing him to help clean up dangerous situations that would be dangerous for humans. Not sure about you but if the home version really has an 8 year old voice I might take issue with sending child robots in to the nuclear disaster lol. I also couldnt figure out if I bought this robot how do I command it. this assimo was clearly on a preprogramed ruite through out the show but the guy kept talking to it does it really take voice command? because if not that could get annoying to have to program what ever you want from a computer. They also said in the show it will be great for handicapped persons and Im sure it will. To demonstrate this they had the mans pretend wife call him from work she was in a wheel chair and the guy made a point to say that she couldnt use her legs but she was talking about driving home and picking up pizza but they never said how :rolleyes1 I can only assume she had one of those special cars with the pedals up by the stirring wheel so you can drive with you hands.....ok ive talked to much about this lol lets move on

I took this picture in the house of the future boys room because I want a cannon in my bed.
100_0533.jpg

I know this was short but Ive got to get ready for work now :guilty: Ill try and post some more when I get home

Have a good day at work!!

I wouldn't want to have waited in those extremely long lines for Star Tours either......but the temptation not to ride it would have been tough!! We were there on the last day it was open & we had wanted to catch it one more time & the lines were ridiculous so we passed on it.

There's just something about the innoventions building that doesn't draw me in........someday I'll venture in.

Bummer about ST. But a lot of people have suggested it's much calmer than the previous version. So when you go back tell him that and encourage Jared to try the new, less naseaous version.

Day 4:
so after wed finished with inoventions something I defiantly wont be repeating next trip...Jared need to use the restroom so I went in to star traders....or I tried to anyway it was packed! so instead I sat on the ground out side called my dad and took a picture of this bird lol
100_0534.jpg

After that we went to try Matterhorn but the wait was over and hour so we passed it then back to Alice still 40 minutes and canal boats still closed. Jared declared he was hungry so we stoped for some good old potato fries at Village Haus
100_0535.jpg

100_0536.jpg

100_0537.jpg

Ive never been there so I cant compare the old menu to the new one but there really wasnt anything on the menu that tempted me it made me wish I had tried the tomato sandwhich at hungry bear so I didnt have to cheese burger meals this trip. Jared went with the angus pastrami burger but with out the horseradish it looked like cloged arty ala bun lol
Mines the one with the lettuce.
100_0538.jpg

After that we tried to visit Tinker bell but she wasnt home :headache:
100_0539.jpg

We did get to look around pixie hallow though I didnt realize how small it was from all the pictures people take I thought it was huge! lol it was very adorable though.

After that we thought we might do Winnie the pooh again but as we were walking there we noticed everyone was already sitting for fantasmic so we decided to join we got great seat for this one to lol. Before the show though I had a great adventure and so did Jared...but mine was more adventurous lol. Jared sat down and said he was a little cold. I said you sit and hold the spot I will take the train to main street and collect our coats. So off I went. First I lined up for the train and it took forever to come then I got on the train and had to go all the way around to main street. I saw the dinosaurs again and this time asked why the T-rex area was covered in a curtain one of the conductors told me that they were moving really slow and Disney wanted to fix them up for the big mermaid star tours weekend, but they weren't done yet lol. After that I arrived at mainstreet. I exited the train and had to fighte huge crowds to get to the lockers. It has been my experience in crowds that I am invisible I dont know if its my height or what but I always get stepped on. Finally I made it to the locker and retrieved the coats. I headed back to the train station but decided we needed to be silly adults wearing things that light up so I bought a pair of ears for my self and I couldn't decided if Jared would wear ears or not so I bought him the light up ring. Then I hoped on the trian. When the trian started to pull away a little boy came running up that steps shouting "dont leave us! were here dont leave us!" but the train was full I felt sad for him but also I laughed because there were like 20 people also in line waiting :upsidedow. On the train there was a man and women in front of me looking at the map the women said "lets go to haunted mansion" and the man said "no you can chalk that up with pirates just a big dark ride underground were no doing anything underground" I was like :scared1: no pirates no mansion how sad!. Finally I made it back to the spot Jared was at where we discovered that the ring fit perfectly on his fadora it was awesome.
100_0540.jpg

100_0542.jpg

After that Jared and I wanted Churros and Hot chocolate so he left to get them and I held the spot. While he was gone a man sitting alone next to us started talking to me. He said mainstreet must have been a mad house and told him indeed it was. Then he said do you know where I can plug my phone in and I said no. and he told me in great detail about the plug in the locker room on mainstreet but that he was no way going to fight that crowd. Then he asked if I would watch his space while he went to ask a Cm where there might be a plug I told him I didnt mind and he left then he returned and said theres one in the resturant some one can have this spot have a nice day. It was weird, if it were me people could have called me after fantasmik. Jared returned with the churros and asked if Id made a new friend and I was like what are you talking about and he told me that that gentlemen had talked his ear off about all kinds of things the whole time Id been gone. I told Jared well hes left now so he must have missed you to much :rotfl2:
After that man left he was replaced by a family of 5 three girls, two were older one was a toddler. The mom gave the toddler some paper and a crayons and the girl decided she didnt like paper.
100_0543.jpg

The mome stopped and scolded her but then when the dad came with food the mom was busy feeding the toddler and one of the other girls decided to finish the drawing, I said something to her about it and she stopped. but I imagine the cleaning people were thrilled with the art work lol
After Fantasmik was over and it was more awesome then I remebered we boarding the trian bound for fantasy land thinking we would ride alice during the fireworks surely the line would be short then.
100_0546.jpg

100_0548.jpg

Well the line was short, because it was closed lol Jared asked the man when it would be open and he said 15 mins after the fireworks but we could get in line as soon as they ended. So we took a quick potty break and returned for a mere 15 min wait for alice
100_0551.jpg

I must say that I really do not like the changes to the leaf I liked it much better when it was "dangerous"
After Alice we went for another cruise around the world I was so suprised Jared was willing to do this a second time with me hes not a big fan of the song but he knows its one of my favorites its even the ring tone on my phone lol
100_0553.jpg

100_0554.jpg

We decided to do another round on toady next and on the way I picked up a antenna ball for my mom because I decided to give the castle one I gave her to my grand parents the next morning. We bought her one that was a glitter smiling mickey sun. The man asked me if we needed some happy California sun at home and I said yes because were from vegas and our sun is very angry lol
Here we are on Mr. Toad
100_0556.jpg

Then it was time for the very last ride of our trip :sad1: we went for another round on buzz lightyear astro Blasters....I lost again lol
100_0557.jpg

download

And then we headed up main street emptied our locker and walked toward the gate it was 12 o clock and I got to here the were closing announcement for the second time that trip. :wizard:

Thats all for tonight and the end of day 4 tomorrow I will try and post some of day 5 down town disney and the journey home.

Yay for finally getting on Alice!! I agree with you.....not a fan of the new "safety" platform.....took away from the mystical feeling of the ride.

Day 5: We woke up at about 7:30 Saturday morning and I checked my phone my Grandpa had been sick with a fever the night before and they would not be coming to breakfast. I was sad because I was really looking forward to seeing them. Jared and I discussed it and decided we would cancel our reservation at rain-forest cafe as we only weren't doing counter service because of my grandparents. I really wanted to try Tangaroa terrace so we went back to sleep lol and got up about 8:30 we were packed checked out (double checked bedding for stray phone) and were parked at DTD and out side the Disneyland Hotel by about 9:15.
100_0558.jpg

We werent sure how to get to the resturant I knew It was by the pool but I didnt know which pool. I knew where the Neverland pool was so we tried there first. Here are some pictures of our Journey
100_0559.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0561.jpg

100_0562.jpg

100_0563.jpg

It wasnt there so the nice cm at goofys kitchen gave us directions to the monorail pool
100_0564.jpg

100_0565.jpg

and finally we found it yay!
100_0566.jpg

100_0567.jpg

They had kind of a strange ordering system in there. You had to walk up to a computer and place your order then over to a cooler to retrieve your drink and then up to a register to pay. Then you got a number and sat at a table where the food was eventually brought to you. They had inside and out side seating we decided on inside. It was strange to order on the computer because it wasnt busy and there were at least 3 cms just standing around looking a little bored.
here is Jared placeing our order. He had the breakfast platter and I had the French toast
100_0568.jpg

I got milk from the cooler and he got over priced orange juice
then we sat at a table with an old friend
100_0569.jpg

French toast: SOO yummy
100_0570.jpg

Breakfast platter:
100_0571.jpg

They had pictures like these in a couple of places around the dining area it was pretty neat
100_0572.jpg

It was now about 10 and our movie didnt start until 11:15 so we went for a walk through mostly closed DTD
100_0573.jpg

100_0574.jpg

eventually we wandered in to ride makers where Jared saw a kit for a Carbon Fiber lightning mcqueen. I explained to Jared how it worked and he looked at the tag with the list of stuff it comes with and how much and it was 40 he decided to make one for his room mate and our friend Cody who loves the Movie cars and is a grease nut. Here he is building the car
100_0575.jpg

100_0576.jpg

100_0577.jpg

100_0578.jpg

Now I told Jared to be careful what he added to the car because it would make the price go up but he didnt listen. First he put custom rims on it lighting bolts to match mcqueens bolt 3 dollars extra each pair, next he added the rc remote which they conviently didnt tell him how much extra that would be but it turned out to be 25. Next he added the battery for the remote 3 dollars and a engine swoop 4 dollars. The grand total 81.96 I told Jared before he got to the registar that it was gonna be more then he thought because he added all those things but he was still a little sticker shocked. addmittdly expensive the car was really cool lol Cody let me play with it the other day it has some pretty nice get up and go to it I want one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter