November trip thread

Steve, that is an AWESOME gift.

That song gets sung at the Campfire singalong frequently when I've been there. They ought to invite you on stage to lead it.

Bama Ed

Sorry to hear about Yeti. Getting older stinks. Frank is having to lift Bailey up and down steps and the bed now.

Thanks Denise. Feels like we run the geratric ward here. Dog drugs on the counter and lots of them. There are still here though. Feel like I am on borrowed time, especially with Mallory, so I really do enjoy both of them.

Steve, that is an AWESOME gift.

That song gets sung at the Campfire singalong frequently when I've been there. They ought to invite you on stage to lead it.

Bama Ed
Thanks Ed......I was pretty humbled especially learning that it was the record that her mom and dad gave her when she was a child.
Now..........as for inviting me up on stage to sing at the sing-a-long.....not a good idea. I want to be able to come back to the Fort in the future.

More changes to hours have been made for November 4-12 The app is not up to date but the website shows the changes. They are mostly at MK with 8 am openings and EMH at 7 am, opening at 8 am on veterans day. Plus some later nights added. Looks like it will be busy that week. I was already thinking it would be more crowded with people (like me) who may have election day and veterans day off. Our schools are used for polls so schools are closed for election day.

Strategy is still the same- early and late in the park, afternoons at the fort! My kids are night owls so they are excited about the 1 am EMH closings.

My kids are night owls so they are excited about the 1 am EMH closings.

Funny story along those lines, G719. We were at MK this past March and they had a normally scheduled 8am opening and we were there for it and actually got in at 753am. DD18 was all gung ho because EMH evening hours meant the park would close at 2am. She was so pumped "18 hours in the Magic Kingdom! Woo Hoo!" and I was moaning and groaning about how tired we would be.

Roll forward to about 130am. DD18 was dog tired and she and DW wanted to head back to the Fort early. I dug my heals in and said nope, I'm waiting for 2am so we can honestly say "18 hours in the MK!". So I took a picture of the clock on Main Street near the side street to prove we made it.

That's DD18 to the right of the clock pole on the sidewalk coming to drag my big bottom out the door - she was tired. DW is behind her to the left of the clock pole in the black pants and gray top coming to play peacekeeper. They wouldn't leave me there by myself at 130am.

Hope your kids actually keep the energy up till closing time!

Bama Ed

Funny story along those lines, G719. We were at MK this past March and they had a normally scheduled 8am opening and we were there for it and actually got in at 753am. DD18 was all gung ho because EMH evening hours meant the park would close at 2am. She was so pumped "18 hours in the Magic Kingdom! Woo Hoo!" and I was moaning and groaning about how tired we would be.

Roll forward to about 130am. DD18 was dog tired and she and DW wanted to head back to the Fort early. I dug my heals in and said nope, I'm waiting for 2am so we can honestly say "18 hours in the MK!". So I took a picture of the clock on Main Street near the side street to prove we made it.

That's DD18 to the right of the clock pole on the sidewalk coming to drag my big bottom out the door - she was tired. DW is behind her to the left of the clock pole in the black pants and gray top coming to play peacekeeper. They wouldn't leave me there by myself at 130am.

Hope your kids actually keep the energy up till closing time!

Bama Ed
Not brave enough to attempt 8 am- 1 AM. Some people (dh) will be taking a nap mid day.

Not brave enough to attempt 8 am- 1 AM. Some people (dh) will be taking a nap mid day.
That would be me too!

I will do Early EMH or Late EMH, but I will not (generally) do Open to Close. Hats of to @bama_ed for your efforts. Hope the DW and DD didn't hurt you too bad for insisting. :)

Heading down for Thanksgiving week. Can't wait for some Fort and Park time!
We check in on Thanksgiving day, and stay the rest of that week and the following week. We love that time of year. Crowds aren't terrible and weather is usually not to bad either. Even manage to get some swimming in too.

We will be down November 26th to December 1st, and we will be getting married on November 28th at the Polynesian Resort, but getting ready at our cabin and taking some bridal party pictures around Fort Wilderness!!

Congrats Marissa! :bride: (don't often get to use that emoticon)...

Good luck with all your plans. :woohoo:

Bama Ed

We're arriving on Nov. 20 - 30. Pulling our 31 ft. Rockwood TT with our Chevy Suburban 2500 from Maryland. We've camped at FW many times, most recently in July for 12 nights. This is our first Thanksgiving trip. My husband and I are bringing our 15 & 17 year old granddaughters and daughter in law. So excited! We are renting a 6 person golf cart from Kenny. We have used him many times before.

Top of the MDE Reservations yesterday:

Good news––your MagicBand package is on the way! Your package is being sent via US MAIL PARCEL POST and your tracking number is 920559010XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Excitement builds!!!!!

Yes.........today is November 1st and there are Christmas decorations up at the Magic Kingdom.
20161101_095447_zpsjf8kcsri.jpg

20161101_095827_zpspmsfguyt.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter