November scrapbooking challenge.....here we go!

pjlla said:
I have printed out some of her stuff before. It is helpful, I have two problems. The first is that she does everything as a one page LO, so I have to go looking for two LOs that look good together (not so bad, I suppose). Secondly, the fact that it is only sketches and not photos of actual LOs sometimes stumps me. I am not very artistic (no wonder I am such a slow, sad scrapper), so sometimes I need to see someone else's interpretation of a sketch. I even had printed some of her LOs for my inspiration notebook, but finally tossed them when I found I wasn't using them.

But it looks like she has reorganized her site since I visited last a year+ ago. It seems like it will be easier to find what I am looking for now. Guess I will give her another try!! Thanks for the link!...................P
Problem #1 - I don't mind 'pairing up' 2 different layouts as long as I co-ordinate or use the same paper on the two pages. Sometimes, I will take a layout and give it a 1/4 turn - change the orientation - make one layout as is and the second page turned....I wish I could use a photo example here!!!
Also, I might like a layout but my pictures go the 'other way' so I just turn it to fit my pictures..
Problem #2 - Of course you are artistic - you scrap, don't ya :wave2: ! The reason I actually like her sketches is because it doesn't influence me one way or the other....she just does the sketches so you can tell WHERE to put the different paper - and where to put lighter & darker colors,,,and where to put some journaling.....

And since she updated in October, there are now more 2 page layouts....and I love how she lists them by number of pictures,,,,THIS is where I need help.
Gee, can you tell I REALLY like this site!

or at least I hope so....I tried to update, tried again to update...and then tried once more to update....guess what the problem was :confused3 I forgot to hit the edit button first :rotfl2: :rotfl2: My brain is fried! :rotfl: Long day here!

JudithM :wave: thanks for the well wishes. Surgery went well, he is home in his recliner taking a nap. Now we wait to see if it worked. It will be months before we know. In the meantime he is stuck with crutches for 6 weeks. Poor guy.

Honeybehr....thanks for the upbeat info on the hip replacements. We really need to know that it will be ok if he has to go that way. It really helps to hear from people who have been there....:)

I am up to 55 pages. So far. But I havent scrapped in a couple of days and my son has taken the table over. :tilt:

I completed 4 pages this evening - April Trip to Palm Springs......need to do a CJ tomorrow.

Total - I thought I was at 29...so 33????
will check back.

grayfal I gave you full credit for your small pages.....so you are at 39

keep up the good work everyone!

Only 2 pages short of my goal - got both mom's and mom in laws books done except for the family tree outline page for each book. Yea!

I finished my mom's wedding album and I have scrapped all the pictures she has given me to date. That brings me to June of 1984. Yee Haw!!!! I have also finished 70 pages this month. I am so excited to have her Christmas gift done. Now I can wrap it and be done with that album. Now I just need to go buy a book for the album I want to make my Dad about the kids.

That is pretty amazing Sue! I am nowhere near that number. I did get a few more pages done so think I'm at 15 or so for the month.

Deb

My mom's wedding album was simple. All 8x10's so I use the cookie cutter approach and made all the pages the same. One layout using 3 different colors and one printed paper and switched them around some. I did most of it subbing on day during plan time. The easiest 20 pages I've ever done.

I'm done- I brought all my scrapbooking stuff to my mom's on thanksgiving, and then I slipped in the mud and wrenched my knee out. What a PITA. So I left all my stuff there the other day and don't imagine I will be able to work on it til December. :guilty:

I am so sorry :grouphug: and a little pixie dust for a quick recovery.

WDWMOM....wow! That is quite a accomplishment! Way to go!

Thank you Goofymom for the well wishes- and how bout I just add on that DH is in Iraq. How's that for more drama! :rolleyes: Thank god my parents are close by.

I did see that on your signature....I cannot imagine the stress....God Bless you! I hope you make a quick recovery and that he is home safely very very soon.

Oh Alice! I'm so sorry about your knee. That babies looking cuter all the time! I hope to have more pages soon and hope to go to a crop Saturday night. There's a hair of a chance I could ge ta good start on dh's home improvements book. and give it to him for HCristmas. Woo hoo!

Cindy - Glad to hear dh's surgery went well. :wizard: for the recovery. Sorry, still behind from thansgiving.

Yikes! Just realized tomorrow's December. Guess that crop will have to be my December jumpstart. ;)

Thanks Carrie, Hubby is getting anxious to get back to work. Can you imagine? I would be thrilled to stay home and crop all day. 5 more weeks of crutches and then we will sit back and wait to see if it worked. He is however driving me crazy....lol :earseek: He is way to bored..... :rotfl:

I could stay home forever, but not if dh was home too! ;) He'd drive me batty! Glad to hear he's feeling good enough to go back, though.

our last little bit of hours til the November challenge is over.....get your pages in so I can send out the little goodie bag to our winner... :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter