November scrapbooking challenge.....here we go!

Geeze I seriously stink. A big fat ZERO for this month.
I know I will do better for next month as I have 2 gift albums I have to complete.

Been working hard today. My total is 39 right now. Hoping to get some more done later. Need to eat something and back to work. Bought all the stuff I need to do my mom and SD's wedding album so I plan to destroy the old one during Desparate HW's and matting the 8 x 10 photos.

gotcha to hear everyone

Grayfal.... the size of the page doesn't matter when it comes to scrappin' so you are taking full credit for those pages...:) you are at 35

goofymom/pop,

I think you missed my update last week!

The guest book was a huge success and I may actually have my first "scrapbooking job"! One of the bridesmaid is getting married next year and asked if I would make her guest book too! Everyone loved how I used pictures of the bride and groom as they were growing up and then together over the last 6 years! :banana:

NOt my best month but I have managed to get 11 done so far. What really counts to me though is that I have FINALLY started DS's Brazil trip! Meaning I caught up on the little odds and ends that wouldn't let me start on this album til they were "caught up".

Deb

Wow, I am scrapping SLOW these days. Worked on it all day yesterday and only finished 4 pages!! SO sad. I just can't seem to make a decision sometimes. Especially about color and layout. I have WORN OUT my BH Sketches books! I was just stumped yesterday. I wanted to do a two page 12 x 12 LO with four photos.... two horizontal and two vertical. There wasn't much to crop off any of them, as I had "cropped" them before I printed them. I hadn't envisioned the LO when I printed the photo, so I hadn't picked a "main" photo to have enlarged. I just struggled with those photos all day! I kept putting them aside and going on to something else and then coming back to them. I finally picked a background page and accent color for them and matted them, but I haven't done any glueing. I wanted to see how I felt about it this morning. Guess I will go take a look................P

I am only up to 7 this month, but I hope to do a lot of scrapping this week since I am out of work for Thanksgiving break (gotta love the school system's "balanced calendar"!). I am trying to get caught up on my youngest daughter's high school book, and I am also working on scrapping our July Disney trip. I'm trying out some of the new ideas that I have found on the Scrapbook Answers disk and absolutely love printing on ribbon!!!

pjlla said:
I just struggled with those photos all day! I kept putting them aside and going on to something else and then coming back to them. I finally picked a background page and accent color for them and matted them, but I haven't done any glueing. I wanted to see how I felt about it this morning. Guess I will go take a look................P

Well... My original idea stunk, but I play around a bit and came up with something pretty good! Certainly not my crowning achievement, but satisfactory!

I'm also cruising along on another good 2 pg LO right now! Feeling better than I did about this earlier today! My total for this month so far is 10 (the 4 I already had, the 4 from yesterday, and 2 from this a.m.,I think!) and will be higher by the end of today!...........P

oh my goodness girls I am sorry :guilty: I have your totals written down but didn't transfer the info to the thread....dah! :earseek: I fear my brain is on vacation without me.

Sorry.....:blush:

May be off the boards for a few days due to hubbys surgery, but I will check the totals as often as I can...the month is flying by

Girls....check your totals now....see if I am caught up... :)

scrapphappy92 I had you on their 2x....hopefully now I have it right....

Cindy - I hope all goes well with dh's surgery!!! :wizard:

thanks Carrie.....fingers crossed here....this is to help delay a total hip replacement...I don't even want to think about going there... :guilty:

My Dad had both his hips done when he was 54 and he said it was the best hing he ever did. HE wished he did it sooner but they Dr's try and postpone it as long as possible.

Let us know how your DH makes out. Get well quick :flower:

pjlla said:
Wow, I am scrapping SLOW these days. Worked on it all day yesterday and only finished 4 pages!! SO sad. I just can't seem to make a decision sometimes. Especially about color and layout. I have WORN OUT my BH Sketches books! I was just stumped yesterday. I wanted to do a two page 12 x 12 LO with four photos.... two horizontal and two vertical. There wasn't much to crop off any of them, as I had "cropped" them before I printed them. I hadn't envisioned the LO when I printed the photo, so I hadn't picked a "main" photo to have enlarged. I just struggled with those photos all day! I kept putting them aside and going on to something else and then coming back to them. I finally picked a background page and accent color for them and matted them, but I haven't done any glueing. I wanted to see how I felt about it this morning. Guess I will go take a look................P
This is the site I use for lay-out ideas...I find it VERY helpful and inspirational.
http://www.scrap-maps.com/

GrayFal said:
This is the site I use for lay-out ideas...I find it VERY helpful and inspirational.
http://www.scrap-maps.com/

I have printed out some of her stuff before. It is helpful, I have two problems. The first is that she does everything as a one page LO, so I have to go looking for two LOs that look good together (not so bad, I suppose). Secondly, the fact that it is only sketches and not photos of actual LOs sometimes stumps me. I am not very artistic (no wonder I am such a slow, sad scrapper), so sometimes I need to see someone else's interpretation of a sketch. I even had printed some of her LOs for my inspiration notebook, but finally tossed them when I found I wasn't using them.

But it looks like she has reorganized her site since I visited last a year+ ago. It seems like it will be easier to find what I am looking for now. Guess I will give her another try!! Thanks for the link!...................P

I'm up to a wonderful 2, go me!!! I so need to get on with this darned wedding but it's so hard! I'm not even starting our last WDW trip until after Christmas!

Cindy, thanks for doing the updates. Thoughts & prayers for everyone in your household ...

I finished 10 more, so I am up to 20 for the month. That will probably do it for me. Good luck to everyone!...............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter