November Check In 2010

Okay, I received my reservation packet this week via UPS. SO excited for my trip, but I have a question. Inside was a Disney's PhotoPass card telling me to register now and save big. If I register the card now does my 30 days expiration also start now? (There is a code on the back to enter at the website) But since there are no pictures on it yet, does it start my first day in the park or whenever I get my first PP picture taken? Is it really worth the special savings on photos and more before my trip?
:santa:

I had a similar question. I was planning on getting the stocked cd and DL with the code for free PP order. I think I'll register my card on the car drive to DL.

I asked my DD (9) if she wanted to get autographs of the charaters this year. She said "only if we see Donald". I told her I'm not buying a book for one character, but she could bring one from last year and add to it. She also wants to get Duffy's, Rapunzel, and Tiana.

We leave on Thursday and I woke up with a sore throat this morning. :sad2:

Oh, no - hope it's just a minor thing and you're better by Thursday. :)

DD and I head out on Wednesday and we both came down with sniffles and a cough yesterday. :sick: I figure the silver lining is that it's better now than next weekend. We still have time to get better - it's really a bummer to get sick while you're AT the park.

DD and I head out on Wednesday and we both came down with sniffles and a cough yesterday. :sick: I figure the silver lining is that it's better now than next weekend. We still have time to get better - it's really a bummer to get sick while you're AT the park.

This is the problem with going not in the summer (for me, anyway). In my job I wash my hands a lot but it does no good if a child sneezes on me. Hope you feel better too!

Oh that really sucks. Can you go to the store and buy some Zicam Zinc Rapid Melts. That stuff REALLY helps if you take it at the first sign of a cold. My daughter got sick a few days ago and we leave on Friday. I about panicked, especially since I have a compromised immune system and if I get sick, it'll really be bad! I started feeding her Zinc every three hours round the clock and her cold was gone in less than three days! I also made everybody else take the zinc to protect them from also getting sick and it worked like a charm. The kid is no longer sick and nobody caught her cold. Most people will say...zinc really works! It makes a cold go away in half time and the symptoms never get bad. But you have to take it early for it to work well for you! Also, a lot of vitamin C! This is a great excuse to indulge on loads of orange juice. ;)

Good luck! I hope you are well for your trip!

I just got home today from 5 days in the parks. We had a fabulous trip. The weather kinda sucked - WAY TOO HOT, but the lines were minimal Tuesday through Thursday. It was busier Monday and Friday, but still manageable. We were scheduled to do the WOC dinner at WCT, but I was feeling kinda sick during the day yesterday so I canceled. I wasn't about to spend $40+ on a dinner that I wasn't sure I could even eat. Therefore, I didn't see WOC at all this trip. I am hoping to see it when I am there in less than a month...

Let's see...the new Tigger Tails SUCK. What a waste of $5. I think I ate 3 bites before I tossed it. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked my counter service meals at Hungry Bear, River Belle Terrace, and even Tomorrowland Terrace wasn't too bd, but it was my least favorite meal of the trip.

Since I always go in the offseason, I had only ridden Grizzly River Run once time back in February and spent the whole time with a rain poncho on and my head covered....not exactly able to enjoy the ride. This time because it was so hot, I rode it 4 times on Wednesday alone. I think the longest we waited was maybe 5 minutes. The fourth trip, I got absolutely SOAKED. It took me hours to dry. We were able to hit all of the rides we loved several times. The longest waits were always Toy Story - anywhere from 10-30 minutes.

I guess that's it...I can try to answer any questions if anyone has one for me!
Welcome back! Too bad the weather was so warm and that you had to cancel WOC. Great that you get to go back soon to make up for it! I never thought the new Tigger Tails sounded too good with the grainy sugar coating to begin with so now I will know for sure that I don't even need to try them. Glad the food was good and that you got to ride GRR a bunch of times. The wait times sound great! Can't wait to check them out myself in 3 more days!

Hey, Marie! Are you ready to leave??? I have about 1/2 of the stuff packed but am waiting to see the final forecast on Thursday before deciding how many pants to pack. I sent you a reply PM about getting the princess:s together. Either day is fine in the evening. We don't usually break in the afternoon (will if swimming is a possibility). The kids never took naps either, so I guess I was doomed from the start! I'll send you a PM with my #. Have a safe trip!
Well, yes and no.... yes, I am ready to head out the door in my mind but I have not even started packing yet! We finished up the last big thing on the "to-do-list" today so the next 2 days can be devoted to just packing... in between interruptions, of course. So far the weather sounds wonderful but the swimming may depend on how much heat is going in the pool. We are way past the nap thing too... unless you count DH on occassion.... but a good rest in the afternoon usually gives us a nice recharge. However, since DD is older this year I think she and I may stay in the park all day a few times even if the guys go back to the room. I got your number filed in my travel notes so as long as I don't forget to pack them we should be set! Looking forward to meeting you and your little princess! I may even get a chance to meet up with SherryE if all goes well.

Okay, I received my reservation packet this week via UPS. SO excited for my trip, but I have a question. Inside was a Disney's PhotoPass card telling me to register now and save big. If I register the card now does my 30 days expiration also start now? (There is a code on the back to enter at the website) But since there are no pictures on it yet, does it start my first day in the park or whenever I get my first PP picture taken? Is it really worth the special savings on photos and more before my trip?
:santa:
That stuff is always so confusing! I hope you have gotten it all figured out!

If you register the card and do NOT log into your photopass account until you get home, it will not change your time limit. Your time starts from the time you log in. I did this last year and had no problems. I hope things have changed from last year because I didn't get any email discounts emailed to me. Crossing fingers that I will "save big" this year!
Should have known someone would have the answer! :thumbsup2

I had a similar question. I was planning on getting the stocked cd and DL with the code for free PP order. I think I'll register my card on the car drive to DL.

I asked my DD (9) if she wanted to get autographs of the charaters this year. She said "only if we see Donald". I told her I'm not buying a book for one character, but she could bring one from last year and add to it. She also wants to get Duffy's, Rapunzel, and Tiana.
So refresh my memory.... on the free offer, please. I know I read about it somewhere but have already forgotten which CD it is I am supposed to buy in the park and why.
You never can count on these kids to give you the same answer twice! If I take an autograph book my DD will not want to get any autographs but if I don't then she will want to. I have resorted to taking the same old one for years, just like you mentioned, because we still have never filled it up!

I think it's one of those Murphy's laws.... someone in our house always seems to get something right before we leave. Hope you feel better soon!

So true! Better to get it over with now than during the trip!

Oh that really sucks. Can you go to the store and buy some Zicam Zinc Rapid Melts. That stuff REALLY helps if you take it at the first sign of a cold. My daughter got sick a few days ago and we leave on Friday. I about panicked, especially since I have a compromised immune system and if I get sick, it'll really be bad! I started feeding her Zinc every three hours round the clock and her cold was gone in less than three days! I also made everybody else take the zinc to protect them from also getting sick and it worked like a charm. The kid is no longer sick and nobody caught her cold. Most people will say...zinc really works! It makes a cold go away in half time and the symptoms never get bad. But you have to take it early for it to work well for you! Also, a lot of vitamin C! This is a great excuse to indulge on loads of orange juice. ;)

Good luck! I hope you are well for your trip!
Good tips! I will have to add the Zicam Zinc Rapid Melts to my notes!

I just highlighted the latest of the November bunch that is in the park and noticed that all of us who are arriving on the 10th are the next up on the list!!!!! How cool is that? Also, there will be a total of 71 different DISers in the park at the same time as we are for our long extended 2 weeks.

I know I read about it somewhere but have already forgotten which CD it is I am supposed to buy in the park and why.
You never can count on these kids to give you the same answer twice! If I take an autograph book my DD will not want to get any autographs but if I don't then she will want to. I have resorted to taking the same old one for years, just like you mentioned, because we still have never filled it up!

I just highlighted the latest of the November bunch that is in the park and noticed that all of us who are arriving on the 10th are the next up on the list!!!!! How cool is that? Also, there will be a total of 71 different DISers in the park at the same time as we are for our long extended 2 weeks.

The disk is around $60. It has over 300 stock photos of DL park, without the crowds. It comes with a code for a free PP CD order (a $59.99 savings) and free shipping.

On another thread I posted how we lost our Candy Cane Inn $10 off coupon that we got after last stay. DH said he was sure I had it so I looked in my DLR bag and purse and suitcase and map file. Finally I asked DH if he had where would he put it? He pulls out an obscure file that I know nothing about filled with receipts and there it is! :yay: So happy we found it just in time! I knew he had it. :rolleyes:

Trying to get better and drinking tea and Airborne and soup all day. I don't really care for tea, it is like medicine to me but I got some Good Earth tea which is spicey and doesn't taste like twigs. :rotfl2:

Well, yes and no.... yes, I am ready to head out the door in my mind but I have not even started packing yet! We finished up the last big thing on the "to-do-list" today so the next 2 days can be devoted to just packing... in between interruptions, of course. So far the weather sounds wonderful but the swimming may depend on how much heat is going in the pool. We are way past the nap thing too... unless you count DH on occassion.... but a good rest in the afternoon usually gives us a nice recharge. However, since DD is older this year I think she and I may stay in the park all day a few times even if the guys go back to the room. I got your number filed in my travel notes so as long as I don't forget to pack them we should be set! Looking forward to meeting you and your little princess! I may even get a chance to meet up with SherryE if all goes well.

You might get to meet up with the LEGENDARY Sherry E??? :worship: Wow! What a treat!! I'm beginning to wonder if she really exists or if it is only online. Are you going to get to meet up at the parks? I've got your number in my phone contacts, so I'm good to go. See you there!

:cool1: 3 more sleeps til I am at Hojos & 4 more sleeps til I am walking down Main St with my little princess! :banana: Or maybe shes a pirate pirate:- the 1st ride she wants to go on is POTC!

We were out all day running errands. I kept my dd out of all but 1 shopping cart! Soooooooooooo trying to not get sick...I understand.
sorry to all that have come down with something... feel better!:flower3:

My next 3 days are SO hectic! I work with a commute 7am-6pm Monday-Wednesday. Monday night I have to bake a bunch of stuff for a Tuesday night event at dd's school. So Tuesday night I won't even get home til past 8pm when the event is over :scared1: Have to work all day Wednesday and catch our plane at 8:15pm. :eek: Seriously WHEN am I going to pack?
If you see a mismatched lady with 1 brown and one black shoe & her daughter in bugs bunny ears instead of Minnie Mouse ones - make sure you say Hi to us ! :lmao:

The disk is around $60. It has over 300 stock photos of DL park, without the crowds. It comes with a code for a free PP CD order (a $59.99 savings) and free shipping.
I know I should have went and looked it up on the Photopass mega thread but I am running out of time and being lazy. I knew someone here would be able to sum it up briefly for me! Thank you Goofy_Mom! :hug:

On another thread I posted how we lost our Candy Cane Inn $10 off coupon that we got after last stay. DH said he was sure I had it so I looked in my DLR bag and purse and suitcase and map file. Finally I asked DH if he had where would he put it? He pulls out an obscure file that I know nothing about filled with receipts and there it is! :yay: So happy we found it just in time! I knew he had it. :rolleyes:

Trying to get better and drinking tea and Airborne and soup all day. I don't really care for tea, it is like medicine to me but I got some Good Earth tea which is spicey and doesn't taste like twigs. :rotfl2:
Glad you found that coupon! I've got a stash printed up myself. Darn that Desert Inn never gives out coupons and I even got a notice today that they were going to start charging parking. :eek: Lucky for us we don't even have a car while we are there so it doesn't affect us but I sure do wish they had something like a loyalty program. We have stayed with them for 9 years, at least 10 days each trip. WOW! That is a lot now that I really added it up! Anyway, yay for finding your coupon and shame on DH for trying to hide it from you! :lmao:
Hope all your efforts at trying to feel better pay off. I agree, tea tastes rather nasty... unless it's cold and sweet, of course.

You might get to meet up with the LEGENDARY Sherry E??? :worship: Wow! What a treat!! I'm beginning to wonder if she really exists or if it is only online. Are you going to get to meet up at the parks? I've got your number in my phone contacts, so I'm good to go. See you there!
So far it's only a possibility but we are crossing our fingers that it works out. She has been working so hard at getting to the park! Won't I be lucky if I get to meet you both?!!! Cool to think that one of the next times I talk to you we both will be in the park! :woohoo:

:cool1: 3 more sleeps til I am at Hojos & 4 more sleeps til I am walking down Main St with my little princess! :banana: Or maybe shes a pirate pirate:- the 1st ride she wants to go on is POTC!

We were out all day running errands. I kept my dd out of all but 1 shopping cart! Soooooooooooo trying to not get sick...I understand.
sorry to all that have come down with something... feel better!:flower3:

My next 3 days are SO hectic! I work with a commute 7am-6pm Monday-Wednesday. Monday night I have to bake a bunch of stuff for a Tuesday night event at dd's school. So Tuesday night I won't even get home til past 8pm when the event is over :scared1: Have to work all day Wednesday and catch our plane at 8:15pm. :eek: Seriously WHEN am I going to pack?
If you see a mismatched lady with 1 brown and one black shoe & her daughter in bugs bunny ears instead of Minnie Mouse ones - make sure you say Hi to us ! :lmao:
Pirates is going to be our first ride too! It's a family favorite! Plus it's a good choice before we split up and head out in different directions. It's a lot of work pulling everything together right before a trip but so worth it! Sounds like you will be busy right until you walk out the door!
I am down to the last minute stuff so the biggest thing I have to do is pester the vet's office the next 2 days to make sure they get in the cat's prescription food.... well, and that pesky packing. If I don't get serious about that we may be dressing like you at the park! ;) Seriously, no chance of that because as soon as my DD wakes up she is going to be prodding me to pack cause "I said I was going to do it today"! I can imagine it already! :rolleyes:
In the meantime, obviously I have stopped off here to waste a little time and am in the process of printing all my travel notes. (got your number in there somewhere Canyon girl!) I think I am going to make it in time after all! Can't believe TOMORROW I will be printing off boarding passes and then flying the friendly skies the next day! YIPPEE!!!! :yay:

Is anyone interested in a quick meet and greet? We will be there from 11th-14th in the parks.

We've just booked a super-last-minute trip!!!!!! I can't believe it's really happening, but we will be spending Nov. 16 - 22 at the Paradise Pier in a standard concierge room!:banana:

Now I only have a week to plan! I can't wait!:yay:

We've just booked a super-last-minute trip!!!!!! I can't believe it's really happening, but we will be spending Nov. 16 - 22 at the Paradise Pier in a standard concierge room!:banana:

Now I only have a week to plan! I can't wait!:yay:

Get busy, are you going to try and see if you get get a table service meal?

Yay!!! Only two more sleeps :cool1: I will have my LGMH attached to my cinch sack. Hope to meet some of you when we are there!

Get busy, are you going to try and see if you get get a table service meal?

Today I booked the hotel and flights (not easy). Tomorrow I tackle dining! Of course, we want to see WOC. My first priority will be to see if we can get Ariel's or WCT for that (not holding my breath). We love Carnation Cafe (for breakfast and lunch) and Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, and will probably do Cafe Orleans. We're pretty flexible about dining times, so should be okay with those. We're mainly counter service people. Since we're staying at PPH, we do want to try PCH Grill for dinner.

I still can't believe that I am thinking about these things. It's really happening!:woohoo:

Well just an update for those who commented on my flight dramas! I got a call from Qantas at 2.45pm yesterday (sydney time) saying we were put on the earlier flight which is great!

so we are now at Sydney Airport waiting for our flight after a false start with the trains - fly out at 11.50am sydney time and will arrive in LA at 6.15am so the holiday has started and after feeling a lot of tension i now feel fab

Well just an update for those who commented on my flight dramas! I got a call from Qantas at 2.45pm yesterday (sydney time) saying we were put on the earlier flight which is great!

so we are now at Sydney Airport waiting for our flight after a false start with the trains - fly out at 11.50am sydney time and will arrive in LA at 6.15am so the holiday has started and after feeling a lot of tension i now feel fab

I'm guessing that you have probably collected your luggage and are enroute to DLR by now! After flying all night, I'm sure you'll be running on pure adrenaline today. Have a great time!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter