November Check In 2010

Will be there Wednesday, Nov 24 - Saturday with the mom, step-dad, brother and sister-in-law. My hubby will be there in spirit only as he's deployed. :( I hope to take him next year when he get's home since he's never been. We'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

Look what UPS gave to me this afternoon:

IMG_0108-1.jpg

IMG_0109-1.jpg

I like the lougage tags this year better than previous years. The old ones were cheap plastic laminated things. These are more sturdy and "3-d"

I LOVE UPS this time of year...especially when he brings me my Disney Travel docs...Yay! You're getting close!

allright everyone! i STILL HAVE REAL park maps .. pm me if you would like a set to plan your disneyland trip!!!

from,
park map girl
(funball) :goodvibes

I am so ashamed! I let us sink to the SECOND page! Spent the last 2 days with a migraine so I had to play catch up yesterday on all the stuff around the house I had been letting go so there's been no free computer time for me. :sad1: I only have 4 days before our trip now so I can't swear that I won't slip up again but I am going to try! I haven't even started packing yet! :eek: Anyhoo......

Oh fun! Here are our dining plans:

11.25 - Naples, 7 PM
11.26 - RFC 6 PM
11.27 RBJK 8 PM
11.28 BB 6 PM
11.28 F! Dessert seating 10:30 PM
11.29 Goofy's Kitchen 8 AM
11.29 Cafe Orleans 6 PM
11.30 Napa Rose (first time ever! :woohoo:) 8 PM
12.1 Carnation Cafe 1 PM
12.1 ESPN Zone 6 PM
12.2 WCT 6:10 PM
12.3 HOB 5:30 PM
12.4 Tortilla Jo's 6 PM

24 days to go....can't wait!!
You've covered all my favorites.... and then some! Yikes! Now you went and made me hungry! Hope you enjoy all your Disney dining. :thumbsup2

We will also be at the BB on Nov 13th. Ressies are for 1:20!
Like 2 ships passing in the night..... I'll be the one having to have the tugboat tow me out! This is one of the few times we love the entrees and go ahead and have dessert. Guess we need to find a couple flashing/glowing LGMHs so we can spot each other in the dim light. :laughing: Enjoy your meal. I recommend the Creme Brulee. My favorite!

My only dining booked is Blue Bayou on 13th at 1150am

Also just checked the 10 day forecast today for the day we arrive (10th) and it is going to be 70 with sunny and clear - hopefully it warms up a bit in the 8 days we are there
Blue Bayou is going to be hopping on the 13th with Disers! We will be arriving just about the time you are starting on dessert. Enjoy!
That sounds like the weather is going to be fantastic! :yay:

We booked Ariels for WOC at 5:15 on 11/15 but thats it....
Hope you enjoy your meal and the WOC! Have you got a plan or are you just going to wing it at WOC? I've glanced at the suggested areas but I will probably forget it all. So hoping it all goes smoothly!

AndyR + DW + DD

11/5 -11/7 DGC

8:30 Ariels on 11/5 for late WOC.

Nothing else planned.

Andy
Got you added here at the last minute. Have a fantastic time!

Spent the whole day in the parks today. It was a lot more crowded than I thought it would be. Still had fun, of course, but I hope it isn't as crowded tomorrow.
I do hope the crowds let up for you before you had to head home.

Wow, Im suprised its so busy on a Monday, I wonder if it's just people staying over from Halloween?
That's probably a good guess. Seems like sometimes those ornery old crowds are just hard to predict.

I had a little scare the other day. I recieved an invoice from the Disney travel company, it said that the entire amount was due immidiately. I paid the vaction off on Friday the 29th. Instant panic:scared1: I called WDTC and their records show that everything is groovy:thumbsup2. He said I should be reciveing my goodies in a few days.
Don't you just hate when that kind of stuff happens?!!! Glad it all worked out and ended up just being a boo-boo. Bet it did have your heart pumping there for a minute though! ;)

Mariezp, I sent you a PM. Wondering when to get the girls together. We have Ariels grotto on 14th 3:40. Goofy's Kitchen on 15th at 10:30. Carnation cafe on 16th at noon. WOC picnic and Cafe Orleans at 4pm on th 17th. Rainforest Cafe at 4:30 on the 18th. And Storytellers at 10:30 on the 19th. Whew! My family goes with the flow, so let me know when would be good for you.

We upgraded to a parkview room at HOJOs, too and are thinking about upgrading to APs so that we can go back when Star Tours reopens.
I DID get your PM! Crazy old DIS notifications are not very dependable so I did not know I had one until you mentioned it. Did you get mine? I know my DD will be so excited! Just let me know what works for you.
Upgrades are so good! I say go for the AP! It will be a really good excuse to work up that trip.... and who knows.... maybe another one..... or two? :lmao:

Have you guys seen the weather for the next 10 days!! :woohoo: Its cold and foggy here and its sunny and warm in Anaheim!! Our first day there will be 76!! So excited :cool1:
You know, I don't think the weather has ever been all that bad when we have been to the park. Even when it was 107 we still had fun. I do have to say that 76 does sound much better! I can't wait!

Was just looking at DL website and it seems Buzz Lightyear will be down for basically our whole trip - the 1st day it will be open is our last day at the parks on the 18th
Oh no - where can I find that info ??? I hope its open at least 1 day while we are there !!:confused3
They always seem to manage to sneak in a last minute rehab when we are planning! At least you both will get to ride it for at least one day. Personally, I like Buzz but I would much rather it be that one than something like POTC or Splash.

I'm so sad/mad. I love this ride and it will be down the whole time I'm there.

On disneyland.com it has the first day of refurb on Nov. 9.
Bummer. Sounds like a good opportunity to plan a return trip!

DLR must just have added it today or yesterday since it is not on wdwinfo, micechat, or mouseplanet. That sucks to have it closed during the first week of the Holiday season.
True but I suppose any refurb will hit right smack in the middle of someone's trip. In November we are fortunate to have only a few rides down. Guess they have to do the maintenance sometime. It's just one of the small trade offs of going during off season. I would love to try our trip in early spring sometime but I believe then they would have even more rides down. Guess we will all just have to ride another of our favorites even more.

Buzz wasn't on that list when I printed it 3 days ago. That's a shame that they would add it with such short notice.
I wonder since it was such short notice if it wasn't something that had to be dealt with immediately. I haven't heard anything but sometimes something just breaks and they have to shut down right then.

Guess i'm a weirdo. I'm watching the weather hoping for the temp to drop while we're there! I'm hoping for high 60's / low 70's. If I can wear jeans and long sleeve t-shirts the whole time, i'll be thrilled, lol.
Sounds like good temps! We have been when it was like that and it does feel nice to be warm and cozy in your good old comfy cool weather clothes.

It was very hot today at DL. Glad we brought bottled water.

Woody
Aside from the warm temps I hope you are having a great time!

I guess I'll be a weirdo with you then! I'm packing my jeans and long sleeve t-shirts still since it won't stay hot for as long as it would mid-summer and will quickly cool down in the evenings (I'll really only get to go to the parks during the evenings this trip). I was looking forward to some cool weather. Doesn't look too bad for the weekend, but this 90 degree stuff is the pits.
If you only have evenings in the park then those jeans and long sleeves will probably feel pretty good. Amazing how much cooler it gets when the sun goes down.

I like low 70's and a little cloudy (the white ones, not the gray ones). Warm enough I can wear a tshirt with my jeans and a hoodie at night.
Layers are good! I packed one year thinking it would be cold like it was the previous year. Boy was that a mistake. I learned from then that it's better to take layers than all cold weather or all hot weather items.

It was pretty warm yesterday, but the crowds were light so it was tolerable.
YAY for less crowds!!! Hope it stays that way!

I am sooo with you on that...I want it to be warm enough that DD can swim at the pool during the afternoons, but not so blazing hot that it's uncomfortable to be outside (I am such a fair weather person...)
Amen! I get enough hot weather here in Texas. When I get to California I expect all that weather that you always hear about being so perfect!

I am with you too! I refuse to do Disneyland in the summer in a big part because I don't like the heat. November is usually cooler. I prefer weather in the 60's myself. However, here I am, waiting to walk over to the parks to enjoy the fricking 96 degree day. I expect to spend much of the day either on the water rides or at an indoor drinking establishment of some kind. This is just ridiculous.
I am a big weenie when it comes to heat. AC is my friend! :lmao: Hope you found a way to keep cool.

Five hours until my plane leaves! :banana: I'm heading to a meeting and I'm going to have a bit of a struggle sitting serenely and looking professional instead of bouncing around in my seat like a giddy four year old!!!
Hope you are enjoying yourself!

So excited!!! We will be on our way down in 7 days. :banana:
Almost time!!! Just a couple days ahead of you! Almost time to go into panic mode. :eek:

Will be there Wednesday, Nov 24 - Saturday with the mom, step-dad, brother and sister-in-law. My hubby will be there in spirit only as he's deployed. :( I hope to take him next year when he get's home since he's never been. We'll be staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
Got you added to the list. It's a shame that your DH can't be here for your trip. Here's hoping he gets to make a special trip next year. Hope you enjoy your day with the rest of the family. God bless your DH and special thanks to him for serving our country!

IMG_0108-1.jpg

IMG_0109-1.jpg

I like the lougage tags this year better than previous years. The old ones were cheap plastic laminated things. These are more sturdy and "3-d"
SWEET! That has got to be one of the best things a UPS man could bring you!

allright everyone! i STILL HAVE REAL park maps .. pm me if you would like a set to plan your disneyland trip!!!

from,
park map girl
(funball) :goodvibes
Thanks again Funball!

Latest update 107! Looks like we already have a good number of Disers representing us in the park. The rest of us will be there soon!

smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
smileys15.gif
jumpingforjoy.gif
jumpingforjoy.gif

10/30-11/13 -----lampardcl --------------Park Vue Inn
10/31-11/10 -----auntiegem -------------Hojo
10/31-11/6 ------goofycathy ------------La Quinta
11/1- 11/3 -------Kristina ----------------Hojo
11/1 -11/5 ------Ginger Renae -----------BWPPI ****************** birthday celebration
11/2- 11/6 ------marcyinPA --------------Sheraton Park
11/2 -11/7 ------Brady's Mom ------------Hojo
11/3- 11/7-------3TinksAndAnEeyore -----Stovall's Best Western
11/3- 11/8 ------dreamerliz --------------GC & Hilton Anaheim
11/4-11/14 ------scrappychar ------------Hojo *****************anniversary celebration
11/5- 11/6 ------letthembelittle ----------????
11/5- 11/6 ------rmom -------------------Anaheim DI&S *********************solo trip!
11/5 -11/7 ------AndyR ------------------DGC
11/5 -11/8 ------Always Dream -----------DLH
11/6 -11/12 -----Bumble Bee Tuna --------GCH ************************ DD's 1st trip!
11/6 -11/13 -----Littleprincess2010 -------Hojo **************** DD birthday celebration
11/6- 11/15 -----VallCopen --------------VGC
11/7- 11/13 -----godalejunior ------------VGC
11/7- 11/15 -----tracyvansmith ----------Paradise Pier **********two birthday celebrations

11/10-11/13 -----RedRosePrincess --------Paradise Pier ************* birthday celebration
11/10-11/14 -----Fire Ohana--------------GCH/CCI
11/10-11/14 -----raftislander -------------Hojo
11/10-11/14 -----LV Disney Fan(atic) -----GCH
11/10-11/14 -----Brillig -------------------Paradise Pier
11/10-11/15 -----DisneyHeather ----------VGC
11/10-11/15 -----splash5 ----------------DLH ******************anniversary celebration
11/10-11/17 -----jessicaerv --------------GCH ******************* birthday celebration
11/10-11/17 -----blyday -----------------Travelodge Anaheim International Inn
11/10-11/18 -----Aussie Princess ---------Hojo
11/10-11/26 -----mariezp ----------------Anaheim DI&S
11/11-11/14 -----justliketink -------------DLR
11/11-11/14 -----WeluvDisneyland --------Hampton Inn & Suites
11/11-11/14 -----Katink ------------------GCH and Tropicana Inn
11/11-11/14 -----PinkBudgie -------------CCI
11/11-11/15 -----Bread&Butterflies -------HoJo
11/11-11/15 -----BeautyAndTheBeast22 --GCH
11/11-11/20 -----wdwfan22 --------------Hojo
11/11-11/21 -----Ariel224 ----------------Hojo/condo
11/12------------KCmike
11/12-11/14 -----noga -------------------Fairfiled Inn ************DD birthday celebration
11/12-11/19------billwendy ---------------Hojo
11/12-11/21 -----Oregonluvsdisney -------Hojo
11-12/11-21 -----The Orchid -------------DLH
11/13-11/15 -----DizMe ------------------GCH
11/13-11/17 -----letitsnow ---------------Hojo
11/13-11/19 -----Seaera -----------------DLH
11/13-11/20 -----kristenandrick ----------BWPPI **************************first trip!
11/13-11/20 -----stormys ----------------Hojo
11/13-11/21 -----ams1201 ---------------Hojo
11/13-11/25 -----~kathryn~ -------------????
11/14-11/19 -----fostapeepz -------------Desert Palm Inn & Suites ************first trip!
11/14-11/20 -----Canyon girl & CanuckDuck-Hojo
11/15-11/19 -----ACDSNY ----------------VGC
11/15-11/19 -----kprincesskate -----------???? ******************* birthday celebration
11/15-11/19 -----Queenbillabong ---------DLH ***********************sister's first trip!
11/15-11/19 -----mirla122 ---------------GCH
11/15-11/20 -----Think I'm Tink ----------DLH ******************anniversary celebration
11/16-11/20 ---- -KT- -------------------Anaheim Plaza ***********anniversary celebration
11/17-11/19 -----StephNJer --------------Hojo
11/17-11/20 -----Cagirl767 ---------------Residence Inn
11/17-11/21 -----calanniebu -------------HoJo
11/18-11/20 -----CruisinEars -------------Red Lion **************DD birthday celebration
11/18-11/20 -----3Minnies1Mickey ------- Hojo
11/18-11/20 -----mvf-m11c --------------Stovall's Best Western
11/18-11/20 -----Spixydust --------------GCH
11/18-11/21 -----IndayMichelle -----------Paradise Pier
11/18-11/22 -----MattsPrincess ----------Carousel Inn
11/18-11/27 -----MrsPMC00 --------------Residence Inn *****first trip/anniversary/birthday
11/19-11/23 -----Dinder1 -----------------Hojo
11/19-11/28 -----King_of_FastPass -------????
11/20-11/21 -----LisaCat -----------------BW Park Vue
11/20-11/25 -----Jrsy Boy ----------------Hojo
11/21-11/23 -----gaucho2000 ------------????
11/21-11/24 -----LuLusApple -------------w/family
11/21-11/27 -----Princess Row -----------DLH
11/21-11/27 -----dcaprio ----------------????
11/23-11/27 -----Goofy_Mom -------------Camelot Inn
11/23-11/28 -----kylie71 -----------------Red Lion
11/23-11/30 -----ShellyMouse ------------Hojo **************** DD birthday celebration
11-24------------luvslikepi ---------------DLH
11/24-11/27 -----DisneyMomma81 --------HoJo
11/24-11/28 -----DisneyParkFan ----------DLH
11/24-11/28 -----Hollyster2 --------------????
11/24-11/28 -----ardenandjacksmom ------HoJo*************************** first trip!
11/24-11/29 -----mom2dzb ---------------VGC
11/24- 12/1 -----crzy4my2 ---------------CBR *****************anniversary celebration
11/25-11/26 -----kj4ever18 --------------Ramada maingate
11/25-11/27 -----Gidget -----------------Anaheim Resort RV park ** DS birthday celebration
11/25-11/28 -----alwaysmb20 ------------HoJo
11/25- 12/5 -----FlameGirl ----------------BWPPI
11/26-11/28 -----Justsyd2 ---------------Carousel Inn ****************** DH's 1st trip!
11/26-11/28 -----mamaofthree -----------HoJo
11-26-11/29 -----Alinasan ----------------Red Lion
11/26- 12/7 ------darren123 --------------Alpine Inn ********** DS Graduation celebration
11/27-11/30 or 11/29-12/2 - kailuagirl -----GCH
11/27- 12/1 ------hockey mom ------------VGC *************************** first trip!
11/28-11/30 -----calanniebu --------------GCH
11/28-12/1 ------tlynk -------------------DLH
11/28-12/2 ------Jenlan ------------------HoJo
11/28-12/3 ------DizDragonfly ------------VGC ******************* birthday celebration
11/28-12/3 ------ccb1212 ----------------Hojo
11/28-12/5-------smiley_face2 -----------HoJo *****************anniversary celebration
11/28-12/5 ------1Mouse2RulethemAll -----DLH
11/28-12/5 ------goldies 5 & Trevor57-----GCH **************** DS birthday celebration
11/28-12/6 ------ILuv2travel2 ------------Park Vue Inn
11/29-12/3 ------briggscreek -------------Hojo
11/29-12/6 ------Todd Lee ---------------w/family

Like 2 ships passing in the night..... I'll be the one having to have the tugboat tow me out! This is one of the few times we love the entrees and go ahead and have dessert. Guess we need to find a couple flashing/glowing LGMHs so we can spot each other in the dim light. :laughing: Enjoy your meal. I recommend the Creme Brulee. My favorite!

I am afraid I won't have room for dessert! Being pregnant really limits the amount of food I can eat in one sitting, which ends up being a real bummer at Disneyland! I guess this will allow me to really try a little of everything!!:rotfl:

It's too bad that the spilt plate charge is so dang expensive at BB. I could skip the Monte Cristo and go straight to dessert though.

DH and I will more than likely be wearing our "Beauty" and "Beast" shirts on Saturday. (yes I plan out everything right down to the outfits).

Enjoy your meal as well and have a little Creme Brulee for me!

I noticed on our people count that we already have people returning from their vactions!! Update please!! What did you see, how were the crowds/weather, what special souvinear did you get? Any magical moments?

I am afraid I won't have room for dessert! Being pregnant really limits the amount of food I can eat in one sitting, which ends up being a real bummer at Disneyland! I guess this will allow me to really try a little of everything!!:rotfl:

It's too bad that the spilt plate charge is so dang expensive at BB. I could skip the Monte Cristo and go straight to dessert though.

DH and I will more than likely be wearing our "Beauty" and "Beast" shirts on Saturday. (yes I plan out everything right down to the outfits).

Enjoy your meal as well and have a little Creme Brulee for me!
It's a shame that pregnancy limits your intake of food when you have such a perfectly good excuse to indulge! No fair. Do be sure to sample a little! Just in case you don't go the Creme Brulee lunch route I will be sure to have some in your honor! :thumbsup2
I'll have to be sure to keep an eye out for those matching shirts.

I noticed on our people count that we already have people returning from their vactions!! Update please!! What did you see, how were the crowds/weather, what special souvinear did you get? Any magical moments?
Guess they are still recouping! Another few went out today. If all else fails I guess we will have to report back when we get there! Won't be long now! :woohoo:

Only seven days! ! ! °o°
Single digits are so cool! :cool2:

We leave in 3 days - but have a little bit of flight dramas we are flying Qantas and they have grounded their A380's given an incident that occured last week and we are waiting to see if we can get onto an earlier flight as we have Ducks tickets on the evening of the 10th...

But am getting very excited - ive finished work and have got alot of my clothes out to pack and keep checking the weather everyday

We leave in 3 days - but have a little bit of flight dramas we are flying Qantas and they have grounded their A380's given an incident that occured last week and we are waiting to see if we can get onto an earlier flight as we have Ducks tickets on the evening of the 10th...

But am getting very excited - ive finished work and have got alot of my clothes out to pack and keep checking the weather everyday
:eek: I hope they get you there in time for the game! :eek:
Oooh! Just checked the weather after you mentioned it. Looks like mid 70s through our entire trip! Perfect!

I just got home today from 5 days in the parks. We had a fabulous trip. The weather kinda sucked - WAY TOO HOT, but the lines were minimal Tuesday through Thursday. It was busier Monday and Friday, but still manageable. We were scheduled to do the WOC dinner at WCT, but I was feeling kinda sick during the day yesterday so I canceled. I wasn't about to spend $40+ on a dinner that I wasn't sure I could even eat. Therefore, I didn't see WOC at all this trip. I am hoping to see it when I am there in less than a month...

Let's see...the new Tigger Tails SUCK. What a waste of $5. I think I ate 3 bites before I tossed it. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked my counter service meals at Hungry Bear, River Belle Terrace, and even Tomorrowland Terrace wasn't too bd, but it was my least favorite meal of the trip.

Since I always go in the offseason, I had only ridden Grizzly River Run once time back in February and spent the whole time with a rain poncho on and my head covered....not exactly able to enjoy the ride. This time because it was so hot, I rode it 4 times on Wednesday alone. I think the longest we waited was maybe 5 minutes. The fourth trip, I got absolutely SOAKED. It took me hours to dry. We were able to hit all of the rides we loved several times. The longest waits were always Toy Story - anywhere from 10-30 minutes.

I guess that's it...I can try to answer any questions if anyone has one for me!

I DID get your PM! Crazy old DIS notifications are not very dependable so I did not know I had one until you mentioned it. Did you get mine? I know my DD will be so excited! Just let me know what works for you.
Upgrades are so good! I say go for the AP! It will be a really good excuse to work up that trip.... and who knows.... maybe another one..... or two? :lmao:

Hey, Marie! Are you ready to leave??? I have about 1/2 of the stuff packed but am waiting to see the final forecast on Thursday before deciding how many pants to pack. I sent you a reply PM about getting the princess:s together. Either day is fine in the evening. We don't usually break in the afternoon (will if swimming is a possibility). The kids never took naps either, so I guess I was doomed from the start! I'll send you a PM with my #. Have a safe trip!

IMG_0108-1.jpg

IMG_0109-1.jpg

Okay, I received my reservation packet this week via UPS. SO excited for my trip, but I have a question. Inside was a Disney's PhotoPass card telling me to register now and save big. If I register the card now does my 30 days expiration also start now? (There is a code on the back to enter at the website) But since there are no pictures on it yet, does it start my first day in the park or whenever I get my first PP picture taken? Is it really worth the special savings on photos and more before my trip?
:santa:

:tink: hi november people!

how you all doing?!!??

hey so if you want a map to plan your disneyland trips and get a lay of the land, contact me! :bitelip: I still have maps available and i heard they have christmas maps soon, so when those come out (if they) i will have those also!! :flower1:

having an actual park map is a really good planning tool!!!

paw: from,
funball (sara)

Okay, I received my reservation packet this week via UPS. SO excited for my trip, but I have a question. Inside was a Disney's PhotoPass card telling me to register now and save big. If I register the card now does my 30 days expiration also start now? (There is a code on the back to enter at the website) But since there are no pictures on it yet, does it start my first day in the park or whenever I get my first PP picture taken? Is it really worth the special savings on photos and more before my trip?
:santa:

If you register the card and do NOT log into your photopass account until you get home, it will not change your time limit. Your time starts from the time you log in. I did this last year and had no problems. I hope things have changed from last year because I didn't get any email discounts emailed to me. Crossing fingers that I will "save big" this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter