NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard about the F package although I wasn't extremely happy with the dining choices I booked with MM(decided HBD didn't feel like spending 2 credits, and didn't want to do another buffet, we already have CapeMay, ChefMickey's, and Boma scheduled) The last time we went to DisneyWorld I couldn't wait to see Fantasmic again, we went in September when crowds are supposed to be low, and we missed both shows! The lines were so long and for one of the shows the guy was even telling them they weren't taking any more people in line it was going to be full. The lines were like this like almost an hour before the show started and I couldn't wait in line with my almost 3yr old that long. I just had to book F package this time, I'm just not taking any chances, plus I really don't want to have to wait an hour or so. We love Italian food, but I'm nervous the food won't be that good, I've heard some not so good reviews.......Actually Sci-Fi was our other choice, but honestly I figured we'd be having so many sandwiches for our QS meals it wouldn't be worth it

OK, we have done it twice now, and did 2 different places. The first time, we did Hollywood & Vine (2009) right when they re-opened for the day for dinner service (They closed at 3 and re-opened at 4 PM). That was abysmal. They did not know how to properly run the buffet lines (closing them randomly with people still on line for food), and our waitress disappeared more that she appeared, and only had like 6 tables to manage. The food was not worth the price of the package

The next year we did Mama Melrose's (2010) and loved it. Great food, great service, and excellent atmosphere. They even threw in extra champagne since it was our honeymoon

Okay, for the F! package you do have to book the actual package. Just having an ADR at a HS restaurant will not get you the F! pass.
F! is at 6:30, you won't make it to 50's Prime Time at 7pm. F! will just be ending then. The crowds are massive and slow moving leaving the theater.
The other thing jumping out at me is your 1:30 CP, then eating again at 5. You won't get out of lunch until 2:30-3. Are you sure you'll be ready to eat anther meal so soon?

Awhile ago she said that she may cancel one of them if BOG isnt open, she didnt want 2 of the same meal so close together... If she cancelled the lunch one to get BOG CS shed be ok OR if she cancelled the later CP for a later BOG ressie, shed be fine too:goodvibes

Mommyof3Princess27..

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallprincesses View Post
What is the email to which you are referring??

the email that was posted on the current discount ends thread

Can you link the thread please.. I am trying to find it.

thanks

With all this talk about Fantasmic dining packages.....I'm starting to feel the pull to book a package. And for us Fantasmic just isn't high on the to do list anymore. :rotfl:

With all this talk about Fantasmic dining packages.....I'm starting to feel the pull to book a package. And for us Fantasmic just isn't high on the to do list anymore. :rotfl:

You sound like me! :rotfl: I'm pretty satisfied with my decision not to book it. We're going during one of the slowest weeks of the year. We've gone during much busier times and not done the package and never had issues with not getting in. We've done the package and comparing to when we didn't it really wasn't all that worth it for us.

yea sorry, I am not trying to hijack and make it a F! thread. I just dont know what to cut and its giving me a headache! Is it goofy just to go to Sci-Fi for ice cream or fries if we already have 3 adr's that day? We will do a pre park opening ADR at H&V, then either the 1220 or 135 F! package, then about 4 have a snack at Sci-fi(DD wants to experience the atmosphere) then wait in line for F! then see the Osbourne lights and a dinner at 8:)

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Here you go!;) Hope it happens for you! What challenges you have faced. Wow!

For those of you who are trying for CP ressies or having to make tough choices regarding that, did you know you can still see CP even without a dinner package? There are two lines; one for the dinner voucher people and one just sort of stand by. I have only done the dinner package, but others have done the alternative and been happy with their choice. It does require lining up fairly early, though, which may not work for a lot of you. CP is such a wonderful experience, I love that so many of you were able to make ressies!

HELP!
I am really concerned about the dates we are going now. 11/7 - 11/14. The crowd levels are crazy! We usually go in Sept and are used to low crowds. Really low. I'm sort of panicking about really. I also don't like that if free dining became available we would not be able to take advantage of it due to black out dates. I've been looking and would like to switch to 11/28 to 12/5, but flights are crazy for that time right now. Do you think they would come down at all? I just don't know what to do. :confused3 Any thought or experience with high crowd levels? TIA:flower3:

The crowd level is also concerning me..they moved the half marathon for the Wine & Dine this year to Nov 10th & 11th, plus Jersey Week. Im taking my folks for their first trip, so heres hoping the crowds won't discourage them from going back. :shamrock:

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Here you go!;) Hope it happens for you! What challenges you have faced. Wow!

For those of you who are trying for CP ressies or having to make tough choices regarding that, did you know you can still see CP even without a dinner package? There are two lines; one for the dinner voucher people and one just sort of stand by. I have only done the dinner package, but others have done the alternative and been happy with their choice. It does require lining up fairly early, though, which may not work for a lot of you. CP is such a wonderful experience, I love that so many of you were able to make ressies!

HELP!
I am really concerned about the dates we are going now. 11/7 - 11/14. The crowd levels are crazy! We usually go in Sept and are used to low crowds. Really low. I'm sort of panicking about really. I also don't like that if free dining became available we would not be able to take advantage of it due to black out dates. I've been looking and would like to switch to 11/28 to 12/5, but flights are crazy for that time right now. Do you think they would come down at all? I just don't know what to do. :confused3 Any thought or experience with high crowd levels? TIA:flower3:

we are going at that time! We got our flights through SW at $150/pp per way and used some SW points through their cc and I am excited! The crowds look a little lower for your second choice vs what you have booked

yea sorry, I am not trying to hijack and make it a F! thread. I just dont know what to cut and its giving me a headache! Is it goofy just to go to Sci-Fi for ice cream or fries if we already have 3 adr's that day? We will do a pre park opening ADR at H&V, then either the 1220 or 135 F! package, then about 4 have a snack at Sci-fi(DD wants to experience the atmosphere) then wait in line for F! then see the Osbourne lights and a dinner at 8:)

It is a little goofy but only in terms of time! Tons of people have an ice cream snack in the afternoon - is having it at Sci-fi really all that different than getting a mickey bar outside? popcorn::

The crowd level is also concerning me..they moved the half marathon for the Wine & Dine this year to Nov 10th & 11th, plus Jersey Week. Im taking my folks for their first trip, so heres hoping the crowds won't discourage them from going back. :shamrock:

I really wish they hadn't moved it... we had a cruise booked for the original dates that we lost money having to move, plus we would have booked free dining earlier rather than renting points to stay at a deluxe which would have also helped. Oh well, cest la vie! :dance3:

It is a little goofy but only in terms of time! Tons of people have an ice cream snack in the afternoon - is having it at Sci-fi really all that different than getting a mickey bar outside? popcorn::

:lmao: I know its goofy but they dont wanna wait in a long F! line so atleast this way we still get a seat..... I aksed my dad and DD and my mom(the only ones I could get ahold of this morning) all said its fine if the bday girls wants it...... :wizard: itll be some cute pics in those cars! I figure, dinner isnt til 8 and our 'snack' time at home is 4.

Our eating schedule at home is
B7-8
L1130
S4
D6

So its not THAT different. Since we wouldnt go back to POR to swim, this is a little break :) then off to stand in line for F! :lmao: We will be done the park in the early afternoon anyway. There is only a few attractions/rides we do here. My kids dont do back to back shows like that :rolleyes1

You sound like me! :rotfl: I'm pretty satisfied with my decision not to book it. We're going during one of the slowest weeks of the year. We've gone during much busier times and not done the package and never had issues with not getting in. We've done the package and comparing to when we didn't it really wasn't all that worth it for us.

:rotfl::thumbsup2

You aren't hijacking anything. I just found it funny how all of a sudden I felt the need to book a Fantasmic Package. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:lmao: I know its goofy but they dont wanna wait in a long F! line so atleast this way we still get a seat..... I aksed my dad and DD and my mom(the only ones I could get ahold of this morning) all said its fine if the bday girls wants it...... :wizard: itll be some cute pics in those cars! I figure, dinner isnt til 8 and our 'snack' time at home is 4.

Our eating schedule at home is
B7-8
L1130
S4
D6

So its not THAT different. Since we wouldnt go back to POR to swim, this is a little break :) then off to stand in line for F! :lmao: We will be done the park in the early afternoon anyway. There is only a few attractions/rides we do here. My kids dont do back to back shows like that :rolleyes1

I think it sounds like fun. Go for it. :woohoo: And besides the milkshakes at Sci-Fi are really good. :thumbsup2

You aren't hijacking anything. I just found it funny how all of a sudden I felt the need to book a Fantasmic Package. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I think it sounds like fun. Go for it. :woohoo: And besides the milkshakes at Sci-Fi are really good. :thumbsup2

i think I may :goodvibes this is the only way to keep Via Napoli, Sci- Fi and Le Cellier!:cloud9:

Oh and by the way, my first thought is Sci-Fi! I LOOOOVE their food! I still havent made my mind up BUT with having IC, I cant have alot of tomato sauce so I am thinking MM might be off our list:confused:

Oh and by the way, my first thought is Sci-Fi! I LOOOOVE their food! I still havent made my mind up BUT with having IC, I cant have alot of tomato sauce so I am thinking MM might be off our list:confused:

Oh no. Ya'll are going to have a great time no matter what. :goodvibes

I don't have a large group to please in my planning but I'm the only one planning for my party of 3 (Me, my Mom and DS4) and the stress was there at first but than I gave it up. I tired to please everyone - even me! but I'm done! no more messing with it. Unless of course reading this convinces me I HAVE to have something else like the Fantasmic package and Hoop de Doo that are now on my schedule :lmao:

I don't have a large group to please in my planning but I'm the only one planning for my party of 3 (Me, my Mom and DS4) and the stress was there at first but than I gave it up. I tired to please everyone - even me! but I'm done! no more messing with it. Unless of course reading this convinces me I HAVE to have something else like the Fantasmic package and Hoop de Doo that are now on my schedule :lmao:

oh we will NOT give up HDDR! To me, F! can go! But kids wanna see it so you know what? They will wait for it! I am done! I am so over it! We cant have everything! I wont give up certain things anymore! I am cancelling the packages and if we do it, its meant to be:wizard:

You're safe......You already have them scheduled. :rotfl::thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter