Notre Dame on fire

I'm so glad we got there this past summer after putting off a Paris visit for years. The images certain doesn't make it look like anything will be salvageable.

Oh, oh, oh! That is so sad and just such a tragedy!! Such a beautiful, iconic place, and they're saying it's unlikely much will be salvaged. I agree with @SingingMom. It makes my heart hurt.

Sayhello

Very sad. Val & I were fortunate enough to have seen Notre Dame a couple of times. I hate to think what it will look like when a bunch of us see it our our October London/Paris ABD.

Such a heartbreak for humanity. Now the Notre Dame in Montreal is all that's left. I hate to think all that will be left is an unstable stone framework.

The latest I've read is they think they've saved the two towers. But probably still a wait and see to see if the building collapses. So very sad. Such a beautiful icon. I feel so lucky to have seen it multiple times and that my kids got to see it as well.

I have cried a number of times watching the coverage. So sad.

We are heading to Paris this summer after our Italy ABD and it will just be so sad to see the ruins.

The latest I've read is they think they've saved the two towers. But probably still a wait and see to see if the building collapses. So very sad. Such a beautiful icon. I feel so lucky to have seen it multiple times and that my kids got to see it as well.
I feel the same way. So glad my kids were able to see it. Such a horrible loss. I'm not a practicing Catholic anymore, but I really hope they were able to save the holy relics. I've been looking for coverage on that, but no one seems to know if they were safely removed.

Very sad. Val & I were fortunate enough to have seen Notre Dame a couple of times. I hate to think what it will look like when a bunch of us see it our our October London/Paris ABD.

I've seen it from the Seine but it was what I was looking most forward to on our Oct London/Paris trip (other than meeting all of y'all of course).

I am so sorry for the people of Paris and the faith community as a whole.

I feel the same way. So glad my kids were able to see it. Such a horrible loss. I'm not a practicing Catholic anymore, but I really hope they were able to save the holy relics. I've been looking for coverage on that, but no one seems to know if they were safely removed.
I heard that the crown of thorns was saved, but nothing beyond that. :(

Sayhello

Last edited:
My favorite things were the flying buttresses, gargoyles, the carving over the front doors (and the doors themselves) and of course the amazing stained glass.

I am profoundly sad about the loss but feel blessed that dd and I were able to tour it and experience it when we did. Watching the spire fall was :sad::sad::sad::sad:

This makes me sad. What a loss for everyone. I wish that I could have seen it in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!