Note about Freedom

toontoy

Mouseketeer
If you are sailing soon on Freedom be advised the ship has a propulsion issue and port times are reduced and the chance of missing them is greatly increased.

We just got back from the Dec 7th cruise and found out the night after dinner about the problems.

Did this actually impact your cruise? How many ports did you miss? How much port time was shortened?

It's had it for a few weeks now. Supposedly one of the propellers was damaged in strong seas. She goes into dry dock on January 6th and it's going to be fixed then.

I hope you still enjoyed your cruise!

It wasn't a known problem to us we sailed on Dec 7th. I wouldn't recommend the ship due to the issues

It wasn't a known problem to us we sailed on Dec 7th. I wouldn't recommend the ship due to the issues

Still wondering how many ports you missed or had shortened visits.

Haiti was 11 to 230
Jamaica was 11 to 5
Grand Cayman was 8 to 130

No cozumel

Thanks, that is disappointing. I hope you got some kind of compensation from RCL. I know that ports are never guaranteed but I'd think the line would do something just as a goodwill gesture. Something like an extra discount on a future cruise, perhaps.

they didn't offer anything and when I asked for the port charges to be refunded they scolded no back to be at Guest Services. The most hostile crew of any resort, or cruise I have ever been to.

I definitely feel I didn't get the cruise we booked, we got a slow moving rocky ship making some pit stops in the Caribbean. It was a cruise for those that love being on the ship.

Needless to say the Disney magic left port the same day and we wished we spent the 400 more to sail it after we encountered all the problems with this cruise it was our 2nd on RCCL and is officially our last. We will sail with Princess and Disney and other lines but have ruled out RCCL and the sister brands

I would recommend emailing RCI. You should at least get back the port charges for Cozumel.

I'm sure the propulsion issue will get fixed when the ship goes to dry dock in a couple weeks.

My family were on Freedom in June and had a great time (video in my signature).

I just got off of Freedom of the Seas a couple of days ago. I find it hard to believe that you were not compensated. We were able to hit all of our ports. Yes the time was adjusted but only by 1-2 hours. They also gave each member of my family $50.00 in board credit and I had an inside room. The speed did not effect my cruise at all. I still had a wonderful time and would travel on it again with no hesitation.

A fan of Rccl here but I would be very disappointed and not give them my money if that happened on my cruise with no compensation. That's not acceptable in my book. OP u should contact Rccl directly, explain your situation and ask for compensation, especially for a missed booked port.
Sorry to hear about your less than acceptable cruise. Good luck!

Was this the cruise that had to return to Grand Cayman because of a sick passenger? That delay (and the reduced speed) meant not making it to Cozumel on time so they decided to skip that port and have a sea day.

Everyone should have (IMO) at least gotten the port charges and any RCI sponsored excursion money back. If you haven't, email or call RCI. If you're out money because you paid for a 3rd party excursion, you're SOL.

Read your cruise contract. Summing up, it basically says that the ship doesn't have to make any of the scheduled port stops. So even to get partial stops is better than nothing in my book. It is what you make of it.

The ship is in dry dock now so hopefully they are resolving the issue. I haven't sailed RCCL yet, but would like to try them out sometime in the future. Have been doing some research on the line.

My wife is on the Freedom now. She said there is no problems whatsoever with the propulsion.

Had same issues back in October on the Freedom... Short port stops.. BS... Ended up docking late and no organization whatsoever on disembark... Missed flights due to there lack of professionalism....

Needless to say we are Emerald Level on RCCL and just booked our next cruise on DISNEY....See how it goes this time... lol

DS

Had same issues back in October on the Freedom... Short port stops.. BS... Ended up docking late and no organization whatsoever on disembark... Missed flights due to there lack of professionalism....

Needless to say we are Emerald Level on RCCL and just booked our next cruise on DISNEY....See how it goes this time... lol

DS
What time were your flights scheduled?
What was your scheduled off time from the ship?
What time did you get off the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter