NOT Including Disney, Where Have You Vacationed This Summer?

Early summer Houston - everything there is pretty much open, but you may need to make reservations at a few popular places (museums, etc)

Vermont trip - pretty much everything open up there too, some small shops were out of business though :(

St. Pete's/Gulfport FL - a free for all, everything wide open, like COVID never existed. We limited what we did (only ate out once, outside patio)

I went on two cruises this summer. In June I took my first cruise with Royal Caribbean (usually cruise with Carnival). I flew to Nassau to board the Adventure of the Seas. We went to their private island PERFECT DAY at COCO CAY twice, Freeport and Cozumel. The cruise was AMAZING. I enjoyed it so much that I booked the same cruise for the end of August.

In between cruises I went to Vegas for a long weekend.
If you don't mind, please tell me about what it was like on-board. I've not seen many detailed cruise reviews since relaunch. :sail:

Went on a cross-country 1-way road trip (flew home, did 1-way car rental) to WDW. Since we live in AZ, we drove I-10 the whole way, so went through AZ, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL, and FL.

I'm retired so every day is a vacation. However, I haven't been away from home, other then shopping or visiting my family since September 2019. Sort of a continuous Staycation. It's OK though because it's not like I am staying home and working. (well, I do my laundry once a week and vacuum occasionally), but I'm sure that doesn't count.

7 night Yellowstone/Grand Tetons trip with a 55+ Tour Group. It was a bucket list trip. We enjoyed ourselves as well as being able to travel with friends from our 55+ Community. Lots of great pics and memories. All-in-cost $6,600, more than 2 times our normal WDW week long trips, even with the higher prices.

We have been nowhere since our January 2020 Disney trip. I am starting to lose it. Luckily we do have a trip booked again soon. As long as it is open, we are going. Even if we spend the whole week sitting on the "beach" at the Poly.

We went with friends to Daytona Beach in July, had hoped to be able to use our new beach house on Cape San Blas, but it was rented all summer and we felt the appropriate thing was to honor the reservations for people that booked up to a year in advance. Can't wait to go in September during the kids' fall break.

If you don't mind, please tell me about what it was like on-board. I've not seen many detailed cruise reviews since relaunch. :sail:
I sailed on the Adventure of the out of the Bahamas both times. Royal required all adults to be fully vaccinated. On the August cruise they also required us to take a covid test no more than 3 days prior to boarding.

Everyone on board that was vaccinated had to wear purple bands. There were areas in the ship that were only accessible to those wearing bands.

In the Windjammer crew members served food and drinks. Tables were labeled with RESERVED signs in order to maintain social distancing. The Windjammer was only open for lunch and dinner.

The Main Dining room didn't have the RESERVED signs but tables were spaced for social distancing.

Entire rows of sets in the theaters were covered with RESERVED signs in order to maintain social distancing.

In August we had to wear masks when in doors unless we were eating or drinking. This policy was not in place in June.

Masks were not required at Coco Cay.

If we returned to our cabins while they were being cleaned, we had to remain in the hall until they were done.

If you ordered room service, the tray has handed to you at the door. They wouldn't enter the cabin and place the tray down for you.

On embarkation day, there were several masks and a bottle of hand sanitizer in the cabin.

When entering and exiting the Windjammer, they scan your cabin key. They also did this when entering Blue Moon. This was done primarily for contact tracing purposes.

Once we were on board,, we had to register to take a covid. Both cruises testing was on the day before the last port day. Testing is done in the main Dining room. You receive an email and a hard copy of your test results. Testing was free.

If you're doing a back 2 back, you are tested again on the last day of the cruise.

If someone has a postive result, they start their contact tracing procedures and give those guests that may have come in contact with the postive person a second test. ( this happened to someone on my 2nd cruise).

That's all I can think of right now. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Wasn’t even thinking of Disney this year, LOL.
Concentrated on under populated spots mostly in my home state: Poughkeepsie, Briarcliff Manor when my elder sister wasn’t there, visiting friends in Orange County.
Visited a lot of local museums and parks. Rented a house in CT for split stays with a friend. Amazing the things you can do when you stay close to home.

We just enjoyed a wonderful weekend at Margaritaville resort (Lake Conroe, TX - FWIW) It was the combination of relaxation, tropical, and fun vibe that we've missed when cruises have been rescheduled and cancelled. I wouldn't want to pay those prices for long, but for a quick getaway it was what we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter