Not getting any e-mail notifications...

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
HELP....I am going nuts. I am not getting any of my instant email notifications. I didnt change anything on my puter.....HELP!!! Can someone help me out ?? We have Rochester Road Runner but we have always had it and we have not changed. About 5 days ago I stopped getting Instant notifications......it may have been longer. Can someone help me out...PLEASE

Join the club! There are several of us. I've tried everything I can think to do. I've manipulated options. I've tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to threads. I've logged in and out. Nothing works. I hadn't changed anything either. The only thing I know that I've done on my computer recently was installed new Java updates. I don't know what to do.

Welcome to my world. It seems to have started over the weekend when I was at WDW. I run OE and also have roadrunner....

pinnie

can something be changed? I liked getting the notifications. Please can someone on the tech board change this back?? Anyone????

D said:
can something be changed? I liked getting the notifications. Please can someone on the tech board change this back?? Anyone????

I posted on the other thread as well but thought I'd add it here also. I recently have experienced another account that wasn't forwarding mails to my rr account. This is what their tech support wrote to me: "It appears that rr was blocking mail coming from your server because it did not have a reverse record in place. I have added one, please allow a few hours for this change to propagate around the internet."

Perhaps the DIS doesn't have a reverse record either? Maybe one could be added for those of us that use rr? May not be the problem but it started happening at the same time as my other account.

The last email notification I got was Dec 8. I am also using rr. IT is so frustrating to NOT get these email notifications from the DIS. I feel like I am ignoring my friends!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

pinnie

Thanks for the the link, Dan. I emailed Bill. Maybe he can help us out.

i do NOT use roadrunner but i am having the same problem. i've changed things, back and forth, nothing helps. at ONE time, maybe a month ago, once a week, i would get about 150 of the notifications at once! so i turned it off, back on to daily and now nothing. how do i fix it?

I do not use RR either and am having the same problem. Mine started in the beginning of Dec. Thought maybe it was just me.

I am having the same problem?? Has anyone found a resolution?? :confused3

ETA I also have RoadRunner.

I am grasping at straws here. It seemed like I started not receiving notifications right about the same time I installed some Java updates. Did those of you who are having a problem do a similar install at that time?

No I haven't done any installs. You use the same internet service as me (cfl.rr.com) The only way i can get it is through seting up notifications from my gmail account and having gmail forward to my roadrunner emil account. It is a problem with the DisBoard.

This is what one roadrunner subscriber wrote:

"It appears that rr was blocking mail coming from your server because it did not have a reverse record in place. Perhaps the DIS just needs to add a reverse record for those of us that are on rr?"

Glad i looked here...thought I was alone too....

My notices were going to my work e-mail and after vacation I changed my e-mail to go to a home account (a verizon.net account) since that date Dec 18th.....I've got nothing...........

Don't know what a rr account or software is?

I sent the message about the reverse record on to Bill as suggested by Dan Murphy. I didn't hear anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter