Not A Test!! A Reminder About The Disboards Messing Up My Computer

....my computer just freezes up if I try to log on to this site thru
AOL 5.0. I use Windows 95 and can log on thru IE, but it does
alter how my computer works.
i know you guys are trying to fix this,good luck!! (...and thanks!)

airhead

I was just getting ready to post this myself. I wrote to a friend and asked if she's having a problem. She said she was not and that I should write here! HELP!! I too am an AOL user and not only will the disboards or WDWinfo.com load, it freezes up my computer....more like it goes into a loop and I have to shut down every time I try to pull up the disboards. I knew other AOL members must be having a problem. The only way I can bring up the boards is by going to IE and pulling it from there. I have AOL 8.0 and run windows 98. TECHNICAL staff....what can we do???

I am still having the same problems -- extraordinarily slow loading boards -- and I am not on AOL. The same thing happens whenever I come here (day or night), and it always happens the same way on the same boards (all of them, with the exception of Theme Parks, Resorts, and DVC Discussion).

The Theme Park, Resorts, and DVC boards load just fine for me, so I can't help but feel there is something different between those three boards and the rest of the site.

I'm on a Mac G4 with Explorer 5.1.

Pat

290 days and counting . . . again!

I am also still having problems. At this point I can no longer access DISboards through Aol (8.0) at all. It freezes up my pc everytime I try. I am using win98 and can only access through IE. Just thought I would add 2cents to possibly help pinpoint what the problem may be. I have been using aol8.0 since it came out, although I can't remember how long that is, LOL. At least 6 months.

thanks to all who are working on this!!! I appreciate it.

wendy:)

The Webmasters are working on it! :) For those that don't know, it seems that - at the moment, there is no obvious common denominator on the few people that it's affecting, thus it's proving difficult to fix.

Pat - Do you have Netscape Navigator you can use in the short term? I have the <b>exact</b> same problem and set-up at work with the boards so that's how I'm getting around it for now (ick!) However, at home, I am on OSX and have no problems at all.

Ok, I am going to ask a stupid question...... (note that I know nothing about computers and I am aware of that so be easy on me)

Is it possible that all of the people who are having problems have all accessed the same thread at one point in the last week or so that may have something on it (like a link) that messed up something? Probably not even a possibility, just a thought. (I am now wondering who's laughing at this,LOL... I warned you I am not pc savvy) And is this affecting all aol users or just some of us?

Again, thanks for working on it.

wendy:)

I made a bunch of changes last nite to try to solve this.. let me know if you are still having problems!

I'm still having trouble getting to the DIS. Everything works fine until I try to log on here.

I'm using aol 8.0 and windows me.

Thank goodness it isn't just me -thought I was having more problems with my PC. Still having problems (now using IE), I have AOL 8.0 and Windows ME - it freezes all other use of my PC!.
Wendy

I am also still having the same problem as the others. I have cleaned my computer of bugs/spies and also tried going through AOL 6.0 or 8.0. I cleared cookies..etc...I have tried linking from other sites...NOTHING WORKS! It has really driven me nuts. I thought it was MY computer. I finally found out I was not alone, thank goodness. I have Windows 98. I am now going through IE to get through.

I am really fed up with AOL now. It would have been nice to get an email about the problem from the DIS before I went crazy "fixing" my computer.

It's actually even worse for me today. It's painfully slow loading pages
O/S in Win2k. Using IE on a lan connection.
No problems at home with Win XP, IE, and a cable connection.

My home (aol 6.0, dial-up, IE) is now fine, although it WAS slow.

Work (IE 6.0, 128-bit cipher strength, T1 line, windows 98) still takes about a minute (ok 55 secs), per page.

Guess I'll be working, not lurking!

I'm afraid to try with AOL again. I thought for sure it had to do with AOL 8.0 but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Thanks for working on it, Alex! Please keep us posted.

AOL user here (7.0/DSL). I am having the same problem. I was on the phone last night with AOL tech support and tried to fix the problem. No luck. The tech guy also tried to access the sight at their end with no luck. They thought the prblem was at your end.

I am also having no luck getting to the board using AOL. I have Windows ME & AOL 8.0. I finally got on by going through Internet Explorer. When trying through AOL, it freezes my entire computer up and I have to re-boot.

Same deal here, using AOL 7.0 with cable access. I have to take back all the bad things I said about AOL if this turns out to be a dis problem!! IE is find, but AOL slow page load or freezing. Once in a while it seems better, but then starts again.Started during the snowstorm on Sunday if that helps. I just thought it was overloaded!

Things have improved for me at home....Win 97, Explorer, cable modem. Still painfully slow at work. I'll have to check what the connection is there, although I know it's not AOL.

Still having to use IE to get into the disboards or WDWinfo. Just tried to go through AOL and still the same problem. I have had aol 8.0 on since it started and have not had a problem until this past week. I'm sure there are lots of others not being able to access the boards who would probably post, but probably haven't figured out that you can get on using IE. I tried going through dizpins as a link on aol and couldn't get on that way either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter