• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nose in or nose out?

Most of the time nose in. Like others have said many of our lots are directional with the spaces angled for easy access. I really thought I'd love this but in reality, it's hard to see what's coming when you're backing out. Mix that with people flying up the lane and I'm shocked there aren't more parking lot accidents.
If it's in front of stores, for instance a strip mall, or stores with a travel lane before you get to the parking lot proper I'll back in. This does two things. First I can see vehicles coming my way as well as behind. When I go to leave I can see cars coming in both directions. Getting into those spots is easy, getting out not so much. I hate it when people are backing out and can't see what's coming. Seems as if they just close their eyes and start reversing and leave everything else to chance.

You know, I don't really know how I park. So I'll have to take a look at the video on my wife's little camera.

Oh. Nose out.

Nose in or pull through if possible (and I am not grocery shopping)
Nose out in driveway to unload packages

Back in the 80’s we called backing into spot or driveway “sporting it”. Mostly the guys when they wanted to show off their car. Lol

At work one one guy around my age gets there early and backs in his fancy sports car in the very back row. Lot fills up by start time
I always think to myself “he’s sporting it”. 😝

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter