Noone can STOP shopping sooo....

pattyT

DIS Veteran
lets see if we can keep track of EXACTLY what we are spending!
That might help us cut back a little -
it is SOOO easy to say oh it's only 10 bucks at the lss, then 2 days later - it's only 15 at Mikes, etc...

So this thread is to keep track - everytime you buy something post the amount date and where- then at the end of them month we will see EXACTLY how much we are blowing!

'Club's' count too so when you get your shipment ad that in!
Don't forget the adhesive you grabbed at Walmart -
or the Magazine at the grocery store -
every penny counts!

Patty

Patty,
you had better hope hubby doesn't see this one .

Cyndi

I'll start ( I think I have been the best out of the group anyway ). :teeth:

These are my personal stuff ( not the stuff I brought for SS ).
- 2 Target Albums $6.99 each
- Wire $. 99

That has been it , except for paper I brought for a swap which came to a whopping $2.00 !

And these are the only items I have purchased for me personally since we began the challenge.

Total for "NO" Spending Challenge : $16.97

Figures this would start today!

This morning I bought:

Fiskars 12 in paper cutter - $15
Eyelets ( I have never used them but want to start) $10
Eyelet punch $10
small hammer $4
Adhesive remover $5

Which brings my morning total to: $44! And I'm off to Craftmaina at Lunch and I am going to a Croptoberfest on Saturday and I just sent my consultant a list of things I want which is over $60!

guess I better go get my receipts then..... maggie

I'm off this board for 1 hour and go to Michaels and the LSS and you had to go and slide this one in on me..........................LOL And I'm going to a scrapbook conv starting on thur..........NO WAY JOSE.
I'm a loser before I even started:p

ok so from oct 1st:

2.91 (buttons for swap)
12.64 AC moore (heat gun, paper, confetti hearts for swap)
1.75 post office (mailing swap)
5.05 post office (mailing swap)
4.82 Home depot (flashing, various nuts, washers)
1.05 Joannes (paper)
4.16 Michael's (embossing powder)
7.90 Fibers by the yard (winter swap)
11.47 my scrapbook store (2 SEI button sets to finish button swap, orange tiles)
5.73 Total crafts (santa hats, snowflakes, halloween stickers, stockings)
4.47 Scrapbooks Plus (paper, slide mounts in white and black cardboard)
36.10 Club scrap
6.75 fibers by the yard (more fibers... long story, you guys don't want to know)

Total for the seven days of october: 104.80 (my husband is going to kill me!) maggie

that scares even me!

you guys are sooo funny-
Piglets Pal - you can't lose at this one! Its just a so-you-know WHAT you ACTAULLY spend type of thing!
Just don't let your significant other see this!

I can say that as Of OCTOBER 1st I have spent NADA

but my Club Scrap and Magicians Circle should be in any day and I have to go to Michaels tonight and this Friday is my turn to bring the girls to Dance (next to the LSS) ! LOL

O.K. make us all feel guilty. I just came home from Mikes , A.C. Moore and Target. But lucky me I brought my mom who loves to shop. she bought me a chalk board calander, 2 lamps wire trays Type like rubber stamps mini sewing machine(all for christmas) so I say none of that counts for me because it only cost me the 40% coupon. But with my 50% coupon in hand I bought the metal letters and a jole' mini flag banner spent $11.00 then I went to A.C. moore bought collage packet and 12x12 paper 47 sheets @.22 my bill was 15.83 I have $7.00 left in my pocket so I say I will only spend 7.00 next week let see if I can do it. I hope so. Maybe I will take my mom shopping again tomorrow:rotfl:

I forgot the return postage money I put in the swap packages.:(

2.00 return postage
3.85 return postage
1.10 return postage for the one I have to mail today....

I'm up to 110.65.... how sad.... :( I'm going back to watch jerry springer now. maggie

Well I am not playing! Not if i have to start Oct First! BOO HOO! I am too afraid to list what I have spent! I know it is over $100 I think at the 40% off sale I was close to $70 after my discount then a trip into Walmart for my box $30 let see at the crop I went too I think I was actually pretty good, maybe $25.....
But as of Monday (yesterday)...Zip Nada

I misunder stood I started from today. And that is where I am starting I can't remember what I spent last week::yes:: I can't ::yes:: I can't::yes:: I can't::yes:: so there
Lisa

well, I just had all my receipts from oct 1st because I was trying to see how much cash I was spending.... maggie

So far only $20 this month. I go to a swap meet/flea market type thing... BUT for my $20, I got...

MM Funky Fibers (basic)
MM eyelet tag alphabet
MM brads (primary)
3 MM eyelet charms "tags"
3 MM eyelet charms "circles"
2 MM eyelet charms "variety"
MM eyelet charms "hearts & stars"
4 packages of Paper Bliss stuff
and 1 Jolee's San Francisco destination stickers

Next on my list is the tackle box cuz I've been visitng this flea market regularly so my MM "collection" is quite extensive! :o

This is NOT a game -

I STRONGLY believe that if you want to SAVE money you need to know WHERE you are spending your money!

Start today -
start tomorrow-
start last year -
it doesn't matter to anyone but yourself!
It is not a compitition - cuz we know that Nicurn would win it anyways:teeth:

Just a way to keep track!

I forgot about that postage thing too!
But don't tell anyone - I use the business stamps all the time LOL

Patty

OK, I'm in, too. :)

10/02:
$10.91 - LSS (Sizzix Oval Die, 4 sheets patterned paper)

10/03:
$6.60 - Michaels (Sizzix Pumpkin Die, Foam Cat Stamp)

So that's $17.51 so far this month. And both the dies were bought with 40% coupons, so that's not too bad, I guess! :teeth:

OMG this is so embarrassing. I keep track of my monthly spending by category, but don't really pay much attention to the totals. Except for last month, when I spent $252 on scrapbooking (including crop and class costs). I was horified. So I went back to the month before and it was $241. Keep in mind that I'm one of those people who already has everything. So I have cut myself off. Nothing but paper, and use all the stuff I already have.

hey! what do you mean by "nicurn would win"? why would I win? I'm sure someone else can outspend me.... spinning, patty....? :D I'll try hard not to "win" ok? :D maggie

Okay, I'll play too.

10/3
$40 ( Office Depot - mailing supplies)
$ 8 (Jo-Ann's - cardstock, pens, floss)
-$28 (Staples - return postage scale)
-$13 (Jo-Ann's - return album)

$7 MTD

For the month of October so far:

$125.00 for a weekend crop in November

$25.00 for a crop this weekend

$45.89 for stamps(I am in a club, 6 months $30.00 a month!)

Well that was just today and I am at WORK!

I am back from Mike's
and I didn't do to much damage :D

I got the Slab III for $12.88 (AWESOME - best Slab yet)
A set of 'Open Windows' for $6.29
The Squares Sizzix Die at $13.99
and I had a forty off coupon so I got $5.60 off putting me at a total spent of $29.24

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter