No Wishes in July???

tinkerbell7737534

Earning My Ears
I was looking at the park hours on here for the week we are going and notice that there was nothing for Wishes. Any idea why there are no fireworks the week of the 17th of July? Also I notice HS closes at 8:30. I know a lot of that park will be down, so no Frozen Summer Fun this year or no Star Wars fireworks??

I was looking at the park hours on here for the week we are going and notice that there was nothing for Wishes. Any idea why there are no fireworks the week of the 17th of July? Also I notice HS closes at 8:30. I know a lot of that park will be down, so no Frozen Summer Fun this year or no Star Wars fireworks??

There have been several examples of unexplained "late-to-post" events within the last few months.
I'd fully expect Wishes to be added as time goes by.

Also, every month... every single month... these hours posted months in advance... get modified as the actual dates get closer.

I was watching the dining reservations to book a Wishes dessert party for Monday, July 18. My time opened it but it was grayed out past the 16th. I did book for the 16th and watched for a couple weeks waiting for further date to open. Never did and I forgot about it. Your post prompted me to check again and indeed the week of the July 17th is grayed out for reservations and they become available again on the 24th. That is weird and makes me wonder about Wishes that week. I can't believe they'd skip them in the middle of busy July?

There have been several examples of unexplained "late-to-post" events within the last few months.
I'd fully expect Wishes to be added as time goes by.

Also, every month... every single month... these hours posted months in advance... get modified as the actual dates get closer.

Thanks! I figured that but wanted to make sure I did not miss something lol. Although I never get to stay that long for Wishes since both of my boys have special needs, one has asperger's and the other has ADHD, and we leave the park way before that since they had enough. But I was hoping I could see them by myself since my mom is coming with me this time.

Kind of makes you wonder if there is a special event for that time frame...something yet to be announced. So glad I made my California Grill ADR for the 15th.

With everything going on, I really wouldn't be surprised if there are no wishes that week. And my understanding is no, there will be no Frozen Summer Fun or Star Wars Fireworks this summer.

There's probably only going to be 2 days in July with no Wishes. July 3 & 4.

I fully expect them to add in times for Wishes on the nights that are currently without them. I remember people were posting about this exact issue last year and in the end Wishes was every night in July except the 3 & 4.

With everything going on, I really wouldn't be surprised if there are no wishes that week. And my understanding is no, there will be no Frozen Summer Fun or Star Wars Fireworks this summer.
I for one would be really surprised if wishes was not shown, Disney does everything in their power usually to get that show off.

I for one would be really surprised if wishes was not shown, Disney does everything in their power usually to get that show off.

I agree. Honestly - I really wouldn't be surprised either way. At this point, Disney could announce that they were closing their gates and turning it all into a Purple Dinosaur theme park, and I'm not sure it would surprise me, lol. Something's brewing, but who knows what. Hopefully it's something good. And something without a huge price increase ;)

The current Star Wars fireworks show runs until the end of March. The new one debuts this summer.

Wasn't Symphony in the Stars extended until the end of April (fireworks show only - no dessert party extension at this time)?

Could they really have Star Wars race weekend without Star Wars? I would never forgive them for that!!!

Could they really have Star Wars race weekend without Star Wars? I would never forgive them for that!!!

By the races, all new features except for the new fireworks will be happening. The current show (Symphony in the Stars) are scheduled for that weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter