No way Jose! We are going to Disneyland! 3/13 - Movin' on Up!

Haven't posted in a while but enjoyed reading the last few updates. Really liked seeing the holiday Small World.
Hope your New Year has got off to a good start :thumbsup2

Christmas did me in! I'm behind again! :faint:

But, just a quick update - my ticker has been refreshed, we are officially NOT going in February. But we ARE going in March--and for 11 days! :woohoo:

Our plans include:
-2 days spent with my Mom
-the Chip & Dale Campfire at Fort Wilderness
-Blizzard Beach
-the AMC Dine-In Theater
-dinner at Be Our Guest
-and more! Possibly even an offsite adventure :rolleyes1

I've been attempting to catch up here - hopefully this coming week.

I hope all is well for you in the New Year!

Christmas did me in! I'm behind again! :faint:

But, just a quick update - my ticker has been refreshed, we are officially NOT going in February. But we ARE going in March--and for 11 days! :woohoo:

Our plans include:
-2 days spent with my Mom
-the Chip & Dale Campfire at Fort Wilderness
-Blizzard Beach
-the AMC Dine-In Theater
-dinner at Be Our Guest
-and more! Possibly even an offsite adventure :rolleyes1

I've been attempting to catch up here - hopefully this coming week.

I hope all is well for you in the New Year!

Good to "see" you! Yay for still going to Disney even if it means switching it from February to May. The plans look great!

Hi Brook!

I have been a small poster, but mainly lurker, or many of your trip reports. When I found out last week I was going to Disneyland in 2 weeks I immediately went to the trip reports section to find out as must as I could about DL. I was very excited to read your report to help me get ready for my trip. Thanks for all the details and explanations.

I am a little worried as I have no idea what we are getting ourselves into as I have not been to DL in over 20 years. Reading your report and looking at your pictures really helped a lot.

Have a great Disney year and enjoy your upcoming trip!

Henry's face is soooo serious on Gadget's Go Coaster.... he looks scared and like he's deciding something... so cute... I guess he decided that he liked it!:goodvibes That's a great little first coaster... if I remember it is very short but it has a nice little zip to it...

Toontown in DL seemed more elaborate and thought out in DL than it ever did in WDW (although I did think it was cute in WDW but I like what's there now better), it really does feel like it's own land in DL.. and the Roger Rabbit ride is really kinda cute...:thumbsup2... I think they used to have a Jolly Trolley there... there are still tracks... Do you know if they decided not to use that anymore?

Hurray for your March trip...:cool1: & 11 days to boot...:thumbsup2

I have just spent my entire day at work reading your TR! So much of it resonated with me (we took our only DS to DL in Sept/Oct 2011 when he was 4 - he turned 5 on our last day there - and he was scared of a lot of the same rides as your DS).

I intend to show him the pics of your brave DS on the go-coaster, as we are going back later this year and would really like him to go on it! (We made the mistake of taking him on Space Mountain on our first day in DL and he HATED it, so much so that before every ride after that he would ask "Is this a roller coaster?"!)

Looks like you had an absolute ball - well done for recording it all in your TR. I love all the food shots too!

Oh, I yearn to go back there - it's going to be a loooooong 7 months for us!

What are your dates for your March trip? It looks like we are going to just miss each other. My dad and I head down on April 1.

Ohhh, an offsite adventure?! I'm intrigued!

Caught up and well.... WOW! awesome trip. Inspired me to finally finish mine from leap year. Great pics BTW, I assume its a DSLR by the D.O.F. in some of your pics. Mind if I ask what camera exactly?

Ok I am finally caught up!!

LOVE the Legoland pics & MiniLand-WOW.

Poor Henry looked so scared on the coaster. I thought you were going to say that he did not go back on. He did look much braver when he went on the second time.

Love all your NY Christmas pics.:thumbsup2

Ok ready for more now...

I just got caught up! Yay!!:cool1:

First of all, your little Henry is absolutely adorable!! What a cutie!

Secondly, those botanical garden photos are AMAZING!! How long have they been doing that?

Thirdly, what kind of camera are you using? Your pictures are fabulous! Especially the one of you and Henry on Gadgets go coaster. I am impressed your DH was able to get such a great shot! That thing goes so fast and has so many twists and turns!

Has it been THREE months?! Honestly? Time has FLOWN for me, I swear I did an update here about a month ago. I'm sorry. I LOVE writing these TRs, but time just completely escapes me! I have two weeks until our next trip, so I am determined to finish this so I can start on a new one. :thumbsup2

I'm finally caught up! :faint: I had to go back a few updates. Legoland looks so cool. (They could've left out the guy in the Grand Central Station bathroom though. :eek:) I really liked the Washington D.C. layout. I wouldn't have minded more Star Wars pictures though. :rolleyes: James was in a robotics club last year and they used those Lego Mindstorm's for the robots. We thought about getting him one for Christmas last year, but they're so expensive that it would've been his only gift so decided not to.

I enjoyed the Disneyland updates too, and the miniature buildings at the model train thing you went to looked amazing.

Congrats to Henry on conquering his first coaster! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Oh my...I'm going to have to find a robotics club for Henry when he's a bit older - for Joe! :rotfl: Joe talks endlessly about the Mindstorms and how he can't wait for Henry to be old enough for them. LOL!

Toon town is such a neat area in DL. I think it really appeals to he young ones (that and bugs world in DCA). Gadgets go coaster is a good starter coaster. Yay! For Henry for conquering it! And the interactive parts.... OMG, they are so fun! The only thing I dislike is the characters wandering without handlers. I think it lends itself to a bit of chaos when people want to meet them. In your case though, it is in fact very neat that Henry got such one on one time! You don't see much of that with handlers around.

Yes! We have a blast in both Toontown and Bugs Land! More of that is coming up soon. :goodvibes

I really enjoyed there being no handlers - but it was January and the parks were fairly empty. I'm guessing even when it's a tad busier it can be chaotic like you said. One time a family totally budged in front of EVERYONE, that was a tad annoying! If it happened regularly, I wouldn't have been too happy!

I'm making my way though your trip report. We're headed to DL for the first time with our 3 kiddos in February. But, I had to jump in and say your "teen on a train" pic has me cracking up! :rotfl2: As to who made him do it, my money's on the blonde with the smirk! ;)

Well, since I'm 3 months behind on my own TR :rolleyes2...how was your trip? I hope you all had a great time! And yes, I bet you are right that it was the blonde with the smirk! :lmao:

Yeah the waits can get a little insane. We've only done New Years Eve once and we ended up leaving around 10 pm cuz it was just way too cold for a 3 month old and a 22 month old!!!

Love the Train Show!! I could see my family doing something like that and enjoying it too!!!

YEAH!!!! Glad Henry loved Gadget's Go Coaster!!!! It's always great when something turns out to be a success!!! The only time's I've seen no handlers witht he characters is when the crowds are huge!! But once the crowds hit expect someone to be with them at all times!!

Oh and DH just agreed to go to Legoland on our next trip!!!! We're getting a deal where we bascially pay for one day this year and get one day free next year!!!! So excitied and Jeremy is going to be in heaven!!!! What little boy wouldn't be when he's immersed in everything Lego!!!

That is FANTASTIC about Legoland! You will all love it! We are entertaining getting to the Florida LL sometime later this year. We just have to see if it will all work out like I have the plans going in my head. ;)

I read your update before I left for work this morning and I was all smiles seeing Henry do his first coaster.

Way to go Henry! You the Man! :cool1:

I was SO proud of him! Since then he's conquered the Barnstormer as well. I'm hoping we get a few rides in on that baby later this month!

Yay for Henry! I'm glad he loved the coaster.

He did! He still talks about it too! :goodvibes

Yay for Henry. I am so glad he loved the rollar coaster. it would be right up Claire's alley too. She loves barnstormer, but still isn't too sure on the bigger ones.

Henry conquered Barnstormer in October and loved it too. I'm hoping he still likes it in a couple weeks! He isn't so keen on the big ones yet either, hopefully soon! I'm also hoping he'll do Test Track.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas

disney.jpg

Merry Christmas Brook!

ChristmasMickeygathering.jpg

I hope you and your family had a very Mery Christmas!!! We leave in just 2 short days for our New Year's trip to Disneyland!!! Happy New Year!!

:rotfl: Thanks everyone...and Happy Easter! :lmao:

Henry is so brave and big! What a great kiddo. I love that he tried it and had so much fun. His scared face is too precious.

I was so proud of him that he tried it. I always try to encourage him to TRY things, just once. He's a bit of a timid kid, so sometimes that is more difficult!

What an awesome train show! I want to go to New York too!

Henry did look scared on the coaster! He must have loved it to go again. I'm so impressed with Toon Town in DL!

He LOVED it! He still talks about it! Toontown is incredible, so many fun little details!

It took me all afternoon, but I'm caught up! I'm really enjoying your Disneyland pictures. I can't wait to get out there one day. LegoLand looks fun too... we are really on the fence about going there (FL). Zach is 9 & Alex is 12. Zach LOVES Legos but I think Alex would be very bored.

I love the different NY holiday pictures too!!

I am thinking Alex might be a touch bored as well. The rides, as you can see, are very kid-focused. There are a few coasters (tamer ones), and a couple water rides that I'm sure he would enjoy - but overall, he might get bored quickly. Does he still like to build? There are the "imagination" areas and doing some of the big-boy Legos, like the Mindstorms, might interest him more. Perhaps you can each take a child and attack different areas of the park? Regardless, look for coupons if/when you go! :thumbsup2

Hi Brook! :) I am not on here much lately, but today, in my frenzy of summer vacation planning (yes- for August- I'm sure you understand :rotfl:) I thought, I need to read a DL TR! So AWESOME and so HAPPY it's yours!!! :dance3: Loving it all- only on your first full day- and have to run, but in case ten million of your fans have not told you yet- you are AMAZING with Henry, and don't worry- sooner than you can imagine, he'll be draggin YOU on rides YOU are afraid of!!! :thumbsup2:hug::love:

Yay for the brave boy! :) He really is soooo stinkin cute! It was great seeing how excited he was about Legoland, too- and you're right, my older boys would not enjoy it! I think we're planning to do Knotts and the beach instead- they're also going to see an Angels game one night (while i run around DL by myself, geeking out on all the stuff they wouldn't do.

Thanks for keeping me company on this snowy day!

Welcome Ellen! As you can tell, I don't get on here much anymore either. :rotfl: It was good chatting with you via Facebook the other day too, I hope we are able to meet up in a couple weeks. :goodvibes

You will LOVE Disneyland! So many amazing details. It's just fantastic. Love, love, LOVE it. I wish I could say we were definitely getting back there this year, but I don't think it's going to happen. Good move on avoiding Legoland with your boys - Knotts is more their speed. How FUN that you get a night solo too!! :hyper:

Thank you for the sweet words about Henry! :goodvibes

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
happy-newyear-images-1.png

Have a Happy New Year!!! Hope you did something exciting to ring in the New Year! I bet it is great fun there in New York this time of year!

Thank you!!! A tad late...LOL!

I am soo trying to get caught up on the DIS. I'm so glad that y'all fared well for Sandy. I know first hand how hard those times are/were. I am here on the Gulf Coast around New Orleans, we had Hurricane Katrina a few years back. I will continue to keep all those affected by Sandy in my prayers.

Oh gosh, yes, you know how it is first hand! There are still people recovering here, I just cannot even imagine losing EVERYTHING. Makes me stop and count my blessings.

Haven't posted in a while but enjoyed reading the last few updates. Really liked seeing the holiday Small World.
Hope your New Year has got off to a good start :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! The Holiday Small World is adorable! They do such a great job on it.

Good to "see" you! Yay for still going to Disney even if it means switching it from February to May. The plans look great!

The switch to March has been SO good in so many ways. Our week in February was reallyyyyyyy cold in Orlando too. I'm so excited!

Hi Brook!

I have been a small poster, but mainly lurker, or many of your trip reports. When I found out last week I was going to Disneyland in 2 weeks I immediately went to the trip reports section to find out as must as I could about DL. I was very excited to read your report to help me get ready for my trip. Thanks for all the details and explanations.

I am a little worried as I have no idea what we are getting ourselves into as I have not been to DL in over 20 years. Reading your report and looking at your pictures really helped a lot.

Have a great Disney year and enjoy your upcoming trip!

So glad you found my report and that it helped! :thumbsup2 I hope you had an amazing time! I know when we were going out there it was a bit strange - I had done some research, but not a TON. I wasn't 100% sure what to expect, so I wanted to bring home some details for everyone!

Henry's face is soooo serious on Gadget's Go Coaster.... he looks scared and like he's deciding something... so cute... I guess he decided that he liked it!:goodvibes That's a great little first coaster... if I remember it is very short but it has a nice little zip to it...

Toontown in DL seemed more elaborate and thought out in DL than it ever did in WDW (although I did think it was cute in WDW but I like what's there now better), it really does feel like it's own land in DL.. and the Roger Rabbit ride is really kinda cute...:thumbsup2... I think they used to have a Jolly Trolley there... there are still tracks... Do you know if they decided not to use that anymore?

Hurray for your March trip...:cool1: & 11 days to boot...:thumbsup2

Yes, Toontown is much better in DL than it ever was in WDW! It truly is a full scale land in DL, we spent quite a bit of time back there, but even still skipped over a few things. I've heard the Roger Rabbit ride is very good, we didn't do it-next time!

Nto sure about the Jolly Trolley, I didn't see one...might have to Google that!

I look forward to reading about your new adventure at and around Disney.:)

I am determined to finish this one so I can write the next TR! I've missed writing two cruises and a WDW trip since I started this one. :sad2:

I have just spent my entire day at work reading your TR! So much of it resonated with me (we took our only DS to DL in Sept/Oct 2011 when he was 4 - he turned 5 on our last day there - and he was scared of a lot of the same rides as your DS).

I intend to show him the pics of your brave DS on the go-coaster, as we are going back later this year and would really like him to go on it! (We made the mistake of taking him on Space Mountain on our first day in DL and he HATED it, so much so that before every ride after that he would ask "Is this a roller coaster?"!)

Looks like you had an absolute ball - well done for recording it all in your TR. I love all the food shots too!

Oh, I yearn to go back there - it's going to be a loooooong 7 months for us!

I hope my TR helped in the roller coaster department! Gadget's is a great coaster for kids - it's got zip, but isn't too scary and is SHORT. So it's all over very quickly just in case he does hate it. :goodvibes Later in the trip though I convinced Henry onto Big Thunder Mountain...:sad2::sad2::sad2: BAD move!

What are your dates for your March trip? It looks like we are going to just miss each other. My dad and I head down on April 1.

Ohhh, an offsite adventure?! I'm intrigued!

Yes, we are just missing each other! We leave on April 2! :headache:

Caught up and well.... WOW! awesome trip. Inspired me to finally finish mine from leap year. Great pics BTW, I assume its a DSLR by the D.O.F. in some of your pics. Mind if I ask what camera exactly?

Thank you for reading!!! Yes, we do have a DSLR, it's a Cannon XSi - a model from a few years ago. It's a great camera for both manual modes and automatic. We generally leave it on auto for vacations-it's just easier. We recently bought a zoom lens for it, and will be buying a new lens for our upcoming WDW trip. The kit lens is pretty much "meh", but it fit our needs fine as we mostly just use it for family pictures and not professional photography! But, it finally broke, so we are on to bigger and better lenses!

Caught up

YAY for A March- Back in May or Me!!! :cool1:

Yay for your May trip!! May is such a lovely time to go!

Ok I am finally caught up!!

LOVE the Legoland pics & MiniLand-WOW.

Poor Henry looked so scared on the coaster. I thought you were going to say that he did not go back on. He did look much braver when he went on the second time.

Love all your NY Christmas pics.:thumbsup2

Ok ready for more now...

He was so scared at first, but determined! I'm so glad he enjoyed it! Can't say the same for a ride later in the day...:blush:

I just got caught up! Yay!!:cool1:

First of all, your little Henry is absolutely adorable!! What a cutie!

Secondly, those botanical garden photos are AMAZING!! How long have they been doing that?

Thirdly, what kind of camera are you using? Your pictures are fabulous! Especially the one of you and Henry on Gadgets go coaster. I am impressed your DH was able to get such a great shot! That thing goes so fast and has so many twists and turns!

I'm not sure how long the Train Show has been going on, but quite a few years! Can you imagine all the work that goes into it?!

I am TOTALLY impressed at the shots Joe got on Gadget's! I tried to do the same when Henry rode with Joe...um ya....:lmao: I have NO clue how he did it! We have a Cannon XSi. It's a few years old, but a great camera!

When I left off (last year!), we were exiting Toontown. I was a girl on a mission.

Where to, you ask?

IMG_2044-L.jpg

Through the hub

IMG_2047-L.jpg

IMG_2048-L.jpg

Through Fontierland (and if I remember correctly, there was some filming going on here, so we had to back track a bit)

IMG_2049-L.jpg

Wave hello to the cowboy - but keep on marchin'!

IMG_2052-L.jpg

Oh! That's where we ate the other night! It was too dark then to see what it really looked like.

IMG_2055-L.jpg

Nope, not here. I've heard this is good though.

IMG_2057-L.jpg

The line for Pirate's stretched out of the building this morning. But like WDW's it always moves fast, so it doesn't really matter.

IMG_2058-L.jpg

New Orleans Square! We are almost there!

IMG_2059-L.jpg

The band is fantastic, but don't linger long...

IMG_2061-L.jpg

So pretty.

IMG_2067-L.jpg

Here we are!

IMG_2062-L.jpg

YES!

So for anyone here that knows me, what did I cross the park for?

If you guessed

IMG_2063-L.jpg

You would be correct!

Mickey shaped beignets. ::yes::

Of course if you guessed "coffee", which would be an excellent guess, you were also correct.

smugshot_2346591-L.jpg

These were VERY high on my to-do list and I HAD to try them. Years ago I had beignets in New Orleans and fell in love! I will be trying them at Port Orleans French Quarter on our upcoming trip too!

These were quite good. I was a bit disappointed the the powdered sugar basically missed most of the Mickey's and there wasn't nearly enough - but, still good. I was a happy girl.

IMG_2066-L.jpg

Henry had no shortage of powdered sugar; however. :rotfl2:

The seating area at the French Market was nice and quiet. A musician came out when we were finishing up.

IMG_2068-L.jpg

Once we had devoured our little Mickey shaped beauties, we decided to adventure through New Orleans Square, since the only time we had been back there was at night.

Glancing out to the Rivers of America - we are in New Orleans Square, Pirate's of the Caribbean is behind us, you can see Frontierland along the riverfront. Just to give you a sense of the park!
IMG_2070-L.jpg

More coming soon...I'm determined to finish this before our next trip!
:hourglass <-- from Henry!

Just rub that beignet on Henry and you'll get all the powdered sugar you need!

You were a woman on a mission and I can certainly see why. Beignets! I love 'em! I used to make them fairly often when the kids were little. Henry looks so cute with the sprinkles of powdered sugar all over him.

Yay! Its almost here!

Well, the app deleted part of my post- so...

Just wanted to say that looked delicious, I have put the little Mickey heads on my must do list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter