No rooms, campsites or even Bonnet Creek:(

I would call if you haven't
I just did a day by day search 1 night each starting on the night of 12/3 and ending on the night of 12/7, there are openings, as in you can put them in your cart, for each day.
Someone on the phone may be able to piece something together that is doable.

There's some great deals on ebay for Bonnet Creek for your time frame. I didn't have time to go through all of them but just at quick glance I found a 2 bedroom auction for 11/29 thru 12/6. Then another for 12/6-12/13. Each is $488. You could buy both auctions and for less than $1K you have a 2 bedroom condo for the week! :)

I tried multiple times already today for AoA and nothing. Late last night I got our last night there. I'm surprised that it showed the 4th and 5th less than an hour ago. I checked a little over an hour ago and it wasn't there. I just got home and checked again and not there.

At this point, I have the first 2 nights and last 2 nights at AoA, but need the 3 middle nights. I could pick one up here and there as other posters said, but obviously a different hotel each night isn't something I would do. So, I'm going to keep trying for those 3 middle nights there and if I can't get them, I found a couple of off-site hotels with something available.

Forgot to mention that I called yesterday and was told that they see the same thing I do in the computer. She said it wouldn't be any different if I did it myself over the internet or if I called as far as availability.

Okay, I am very persistent and am spending way too much time constantly checking. Since it's so close, I figured we would just have to stay off property. But, I was just able to get two more nights at AoA on two separate tries! Multiple times it had nothing, but kept trying over and over. For the second one, a regular room and a suite came up. I had to get a different type of suite than I have for the other nights, Lion King instead of Cars, but hopefully they wouldn't make us move for one night.
Now I just need Dec. 3. If a standard room pops up instead of a suite, I guess I'll just take it and hope they won't make us move rooms.

Anyone know if there is any way they will put these reservations together so that I don't have to check in/out almost every day?

Keep your fingers crossed that I will get that last day:) Thanks so very much for your help.

Anyone know if there is any way they will put these reservations together so that I don't have to check in/out almost every day?

You have to call and link the reservations, but my understanding is that they will not guarantee that you won't have to switch rooms.

I called just to see if they could add the 3rd. I am so shocked that the person on the phone didn't understand basic check-in and check-out dates. I gave her my reservation number for the 12/1-12/3 ressie. It says on there check-out 12/3. She kept telling me that I already had 12/3 and didn't need to add it. She did not understand that I did not have it. She kept saying that it shows that I'll be there on 12/3. I gave up. Ugh.

I called just to see if they could add the 3rd. I am so shocked that the person on the phone didn't understand basic check-in and check-out dates. I gave her my reservation number for the 12/1-12/3 ressie. It says on there check-out 12/3. She kept telling me that I already had 12/3 and didn't need to add it. She did not understand that I did not have it. She kept saying that it shows that I'll be there on 12/3. I gave up. Ugh.

Welcome to the Disney reservations call center. There are some GREAT CM's and some that have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Piece mealing your reservation like this may make your life very difficult. They can link the reservations, but you will still have to check in and check out with each reservation and possibly switch rooms. IMHO, I would book a DTD hotel and not deal with the headache!

We have APs that expire in January and were hoping to get a trip in before that. We are able to go Dec. 1-8 and there is nothing available! No rooms in any hotel, campground or even Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy. I am so surprised and very disappointed.

Any suggestions? We have never stayed off property. I looked at some off-property hotels and they are all booked. Will it be that crowded? It's not a holiday.

It looks like we won't be able to go at this point.

Try booking thru someone other than Disney. We are planning to go Martin Luther King Weekend (actually, I originally tried to book the weekend before which is the Disney Marathon), and couldn't get ANY availabilty by booking thru Disney (and that included Deluxes, Moderates and Values) except a 2 bedroom suite at the Grand Floridian and a couple other Delux optiones that were WAY out of my budget. I finally went on Southwest Vacations website and booked a room/flight package thru them at the All Star Movies for MLK weekend. Maybe Expedia, Travelocity, Southwest Vacations or some other of the many travel websites will have something onsite that works for your dates.

I learned something new. I had no idea that I could use sites like kayak, expedia, orbitz and the like to book Disney hotel rooms. Now I know. So, thanks to all who suggested that.

I've used Expedia many times and it always worked out well for us.

Let us know what you decide!

Welcome to the Disney reservations call center. There are some GREAT CM's and some that have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

Piece mealing your reservation like this may make your life very difficult. They can link the reservations, but you will still have to check in and check out with each reservation and possibly switch rooms. IMHO, I would book a DTD hotel and not deal with the headache!

This...You will have to check in/out for each reservations. Your MAY have to move rooms. It can be a real nightmare with the magic bands. We had two reservations and everything was a mess on our bands and the did not work at all for most of one day. I would not do this there are plenty of very nice off site hotels that are the same distance. Wyndham Bonnet Creek has a hotel that is connected to the time share that shows availability. The Hilton DTD, Hilton Bonnet Creek, Embassy Suites South, etc. would all be preferable to taking a chance on moving that much.

Now I'm scared:( The thought of checking in and out daily and possibly changing rooms is terrible. I don't understand why it's not the same as other hotels.

I did check expedia, etc. and none of those have anything for my days.

So, if you're reading this...
Would you give up a stay in an AoA suite to stay off-site due to the problems that may occur with my multiple ressies?

Now I'm scared:( The thought of checking in and out daily and possibly changing rooms is terrible. I don't understand why it's not the same as other hotels.

I did check expedia, etc. and none of those have anything for my days.

So, if you're reading this...
Would you give up a stay in an AoA suite to stay off-site due to the problems that may occur with my multiple ressies?

You can check in and out all online and never have to actually step foot in the lobby to do it. If you are able to pack just a carry on size bag that can be dropped off at bell services on your way to the parks it really isn't a big hassle. I can live out my suitcase no problem on vacation so having to check in and out is no biggie to me.

Just in a quick search I found rooms at BLT for 11/30-12/9, which is when I'll be at POP

I learned something new. I had no idea that I could use sites like kayak, expedia, orbitz and the like to book Disney hotel rooms. Now I know. So, thanks to all who suggested that.

If you book it that way, when you get the confirmation from them, there will be a hotel confirmation number. Enter that into MDE and it will link everything together for you so that you can order your Magic Bands, make your Magical Express reservations, and do online check in. Easy Peasy.

I've used Orbitz many times and never had an issue. I book through them because I get the Disney percent off and then the Orbitz percent off on top of that. Have never had an issue and i was so happy to learn that trick here on disboards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter